Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by yannie, May 14, 2006.

1. dingding

dingding Regular Member

okok... i catch your point. But I think some of the comments from the supporters are good. They should try and put some reasonable advise into practice. Ya... they don't look like themselves, strong and steadfast. Don't know what's wrong with them.:( Perhaps they need a break to anaylse their mistakes before they start playing again.

2. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

some fans out there might say we are bashing our heroes. but as malaysians, of course we want the best for our players. we can't be too lenient all the time. a mistake is a mistake and need to be pointed out. whatever is wrong must be pointed out rather than covering it up. that's why we might look harsh in words. tan boon heong is our golden goose. however, KKK/TBH seemed to changed after their one week break. remember? they ran here and there to attend functions and receive awards. they did not have the time to rest and analyze everything well. then, starts their decline. the problem is there and all they need now is time to cool down and start afresh. with their current form, no way they can win the WC in KL. improvement!!!

3. yeowyeow

yeowyeow Regular Member

steward
    what l saw they played they lost their fire nnnn jumping n smashing ...... so sad.... if they played well any malaysian team win double title.... maybe it not our day..... but praised chong wei for winning the single title for first time wow !!!!!! congratulations!!!!! chong wei !!! still we not losing our pride there ....

4. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    ok, this is my one ringgit and 99 cents. he he he:D . i think we are putting too high an expectation on KKK and TBH. they are now regarded as one of the teams to beat and so they really feel the pressure now as before they are always the underdog so nothing to lose. i think KKK more than TBH are feeling the whiplash of fame but that is understandable. we all would go through the same road. some take it harder than others. people are bashing them for losing to the chinese pair. all i can say is, guys, the chinese pair is number one. come on. there is no shame in losing to a top team. we cannot win them all. that is impossible. everybody have their off day. who knows what little things like injury and such are bothering them. look at chong wei. he was on a roll. when before he seems incapable of bouncing back, he did in indonesia open. i was pleasantly surprised. he was in top form. and zakry and fairuz also lost to the chinese pair. so maybe, just maybe, we should credit the chinese pair more for playing a better tactical game and making minimum error instead of judging the malaysian teams as below par. cai yun and fu hai feng played well. they deserved the win. but it does not mean the malaysian team are crap. we forgive zakry and fairuz because we think they are still new and they have much to learn. but KKK and TBH was like them before. and zakry and fairuz beat the top danish pair and beat tony and candra. so really, they are capable of winning just like KKK and TBH. in conclusion, we should probably back off a little and let nature takes it's course. i still think KKK and TBH has it in them to be number one. and so does zakry and fairuz and so does the other malaysian doubles. all they have to do is be consistent. all the best to all of them.

sorry the post is a bit long, that's why it is not 2 cents but one ringgit and 99 cents. :p :D :D :D :D

5. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Well said...azabah ipoh..We need more people like you in this forum and not the one who just know how to bash the players when they lose.I hope what you say is true.Ya,they still have a long way to go.I will never lost hope in them.

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    You are right on the spot Azabah.. i add my 2 cents to your 1.99. Thats 2.01 cents.

Lets nature takes it course.. both Malaysian pairs are still young, they have alot of things to learn as i've mentioned in many posts. But we are happy that they win.. but when they lose.. dont lose hope, what we need to do is to keep supporting them.

7. sweetluv

sweetluv Regular Member

personally, i don't think losing or winning a game reflects the ability of the player... they prove themselves in some major tournaments.. after the back to back opens, is important for them to have a short period rest.. they are consistent.. kkk jz need to adjust his position now and move on while boon heong is on the right track now... we as supporters won't really gv them pressure but they are giving themselves pressure.. after taking the asian game and all-england titlle, most of the ppl out there just hardly accept their current perfomance(not winning titles in singapore and indonesia open):rolleyes:
    the celebration after winning the all england and swiss open really affect them. espeacially kkk.. he admited it.. i'm hoping to see the 'power' back from kkk and tbh!! great job for the chinese.. they plan their strategy well and not letting the malaysian to have chance to attack in the indonesia open!:p

8. dingding

dingding Regular Member

tan boon heong is our golden goose. however, KKK/TBH seemed to changed after their one week break. remember? they ran here and there to attend functions and receive awards. they did not have the time to rest and analyze everything well. then, starts their decline. the problem is there and all they need now is time to cool down and start afresh. with their current form, no way they can win the WC in KL. improvement!!![/quote]

Oops... i forgot about that. But I hope now, right now, both of them will have a good break and think nothing but how to improve their games.I agree with you too. I think they should start afresh. They are still very young. I am also at their age. So, I guess, if its me, I don't think I can handle the pressure especially when it comes from everyone. I guess we should give them some space but at the same time, give positive comments to point out their mistakes. I feel that they are just at the right time to be a champion. Nicol David is also a young champion. They are still young and energetic... This is their advantage. Experience is not a big problem, I guess. So, kien kiat- boon heong, keep trying no matter what. Accept wise and positive comments. But for nonsense comments, just forget it. Jia you ok! :)

9. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    My initial thought is that opponents now, know how to beat KKK/TBH!!!

You cant win by using the same type of play all the time... we can improve so do the chinese, indo, korean & etc...

There come a stage when someone would have to acknowledge that his current ability isnt good enough to win and his opponents know him inside out. That's the time when they need to change his 86 engine, just like tok hoi did. Polish his skilsss and learn more... YOUNG MAN!

10. amaze

amaze Regular Member

I believe that KKK/TBH have the character to bounce back.... and will be around in the international scene for a long time.... so all the way, we're always behind you !

11. malia

malia Regular Member

student
    hi! this is my 1st post. just wanna join ur guys..

12. malia

malia Regular Member

student
    yaa a lot of improvement from chinese player. respect them so much. kkk/tbh and china pairs were both talented.
    but the difference between a succesful person and others is
    not a lack of strength,not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will..

13. malia

malia Regular Member

student
    agree with u jack. and if it doesn't matter who win or loses then y do they keep score?;)

14. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    86? fit a Rb26dett inside man........skills not needed. we will be needing a parachute to stop the car then.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

15. malia

malia Regular Member

student
    kkk/tbh are now ranking no 2. congrats to them. i hope this news can motivate them and boost their performance.

16. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    I'm posting this to celebrate the one-year birthday of TBH thread :D
    (Ok sorry it was 14th May) :p

This is the evolution of TBH thread, thru me & Yannie's eyes:

1st phase: Invention - Erin & Yannie are the only respondents

2nd phase: Development - ants, kokcheng, jeremy etc start to reply in the thread

3rd phase: Peak - Everybody replies and Erin & Yannie never reply anymore :p

Haha! Happy Birthday TBH Thread! Cheers!

#836 erin_hakkinen, May 18, 2007
    Last edited: May 18, 2007
  17. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Dear Tan Boon Heong Thread,
    Happy One Year Anniversary!!!

Yours sincerely,
    the creators of this thread,

Erin and Yannie ~

Attached Files:

18. maIRa

maIRa Regular Member

happy birthday to u
    happy birthday to u
    happy birthday to tbh's thread
    happy birthday to u!!

:D:D

*poom* *boom* kebaboom*

nice huh i sing the birthday song?

yes2, i know..thanx soo much:D

19. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    What birthday? Not his birthday yet lah.

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member