Talented Malaysian Player

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by gemini12, Mar 1, 2006.

1. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Lim Kenn!!!

Very talented.

2. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

No doubt about it.It's a pity though.He hasn't really made a name yet in the world scene.He was together with Boon Heong when they were 12 years old.Both were under the same coach back in Alor Star.Their skills were almost perfect even at those tender years.I had the privileged of watching them in action.Boon Heong has now carved his name in the doubles with KKK.I hope to see Lim Kenn shine soon.If he still cant make it,Misbun is only his hope.I am sure Talent is always never enough.HARD WORK may work wonders.Anyway all the best to Lim Kenn.He is a delight to watch but there is something not right somewhere.

3. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    Jug8man?? Are u for real? LMAO! Ok i know Kenn is talented but u mentioned him, instead of u-know-who. Wah respect! :p

I saw Kenn played against Hafiz Hashim. He's good. But may be need to improve his footwork?

p/s: Bernard Wong? LMAO!!!

#43 erin_hakkinen, May 16, 2007
    Last edited: May 16, 2007
  4. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Our Talented New Players

Hafiz pulls out, Pahang

By LIM TEIK HUAT

PETALING JAYA: Badminton fans in Pahang have been deprived of the chance to watch the much-anticipated clash between the country’s top two men’s singles players – Lee Chong Wei and Mohd Hafiz Hashim – this weekend.

Hafiz, the national number two, has pulled out of the Pahang Open, which is the first leg of the National Grand Prix circuit this year.

Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) official How Kim Tho, who is the designated team manager, confirmed yesterday that Hafiz would not compete in the Pahang Open.

“He has pulled out, citing injury. There will be no re-draw because Hafiz had a first-round bye,” said Kim Tho.

Hafiz now has to play in the Selangor Open from July 5-8 or he will not be eligible to compete in the National Grand Prix Finals.

There are only two legs in the National Grand Prix circuit this year because the national players have to compete in the World Super Series badminton events and also because Malaysia will host the World Championships in Kuala Lumpur in August.

Hafiz’s withdrawal has handed national number one Chong Wei a golden chance to win the title this Sunday.

Chong Wei has been undefeated in the local circuit since 2003, although he lost to Hafiz in the first round of the Singapore Open early this month.

However, Chong Wei showed that he is back on the winning trail by beating Bao Chunlai of China in straight games to clinch the Indonesian Open title last week.

The Penang-born shuttler is the top seed for the Pahang Open and also has a first round bye.

Kuan Beng Hong should benefit from Hafiz’s absence and make the final from the bottom half but he will have to watch out for juniors like Beryno Wong and Lim Kenn.

While the men’s singles title looks to be Chong Wei’s for the taking, the men’s doubles title will be fiercely contested.

Indonesian Open finalists Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Latif have decided to compete in the Pahang Open after all.

The newly formed pair skipped the ongoing New Zealand Open and their inclusion will spice up the competition for the men’s doubles crown.

Kim Tho said a re-draw of the men’s doubles event would be made.

“We pulled Fairuzizuan-Zakry out of the New Zealand Open because they made the final of the Indonesian Open,” he said.

“They will now compete in the Pahang Open because Division One (where the senior national players are playing) only begins on Friday.”

All the national men’s doubles pairs, except for Chan Chong Ming-Hoon Thien How who are playing in the New Zealand Open, will be in action in Kuantan.

Asian Badminton Championships winners Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah and All-England champions Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong are the first and second seeds respectively.

5. Dimplex

Dimplex Regular Member

student
    aha yeh neither can i...but i really would love them to prove us wrong.

at the commonwealth games there was an african player i think....he gave the australian no.1 a tough time lol:D
    and when he was interviewed he spoke of the poor training facilities etc in his home country.

6. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    CHUNG SEANG!!!!! haha :D

7. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    Its CHUN* SEANG, minus the 'G' ;)

8. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Sabah

I dunno even know how he looks ... hehehe
    but he is from Sabah like me... so I support him hahaha
    Hope he make it BIG!!!
    At last someone from SABAH!

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

For the men's singles, we actually dont have anyone other than LCW. Hafiz, WCH, Roslin are either extremely inconsistent or over the hill or worst, both. Guys like Kuan Beng Hong, I doubt have the calibre. What BAM need to do is look at the grassroots i.e. players below 10, under 12s and under 15s. That is where the future of our badminton lies. BAM's factory, unlike China is not really producing top class players and I think the problem lies with the infrastructure and administration of our game in the junior levels. We need to have organised coaching at those levels as there is where the basics of the game is formed.

As for the men doubles, I think we have a potential gem in MZ/MF while I think KKK/TBH has lost the momentum. LWW/CTF to me lacks the finishing touch.

For the women, I believe if we have the right set up at the junior levels, talents will come thru.

10. tjl_vanguard

Student
    haiyo!!!! sori lar!!!! typing error ma.. haiya... :D hihi

11. Dimplex

Dimplex Regular Member

student
    i agree that malaysia need a better junior program.

as for kkk/tbh i think it is still early days to be speculating on their future as a champion pair...still much to learn

12. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Hafiz

Hope they dont end up like Hapiz... One Shot wonder

13. tjl_vanguard

Student
    its still early for kkk/tbh... y worry so much bout them.. even rexy said don give them pressure.. they still have loads to learn.. :D

14. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Habis

I think Habis Hasbeen is aroung their age when he won All England.!

15. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

then people like you start saying stuff thats why he is what he is now.

16. TAEID71

TAEID71 Regular Member

Student and Badminton player of Australia
    Future Malaysian star

Men Singles: Arif Abdul Latif
    Men Doubles: Vountus Indra Mawan and Arif Abdul Latif
    Women singles: Lydia Cheah
    Women Doubles: Woon Khe Wei and Hui Ling
    Mixed Doubles: Tan Wee Kiong n Woon Khe Wei

^^...E. Tanaka

17. kelly

kelly New Member

i think u only watch them play before right?have u watch other mjs play before?

18. TAEID71

TAEID71 Regular Member

Student and Badminton player of Australia

Yeah..They are a good friend of mine...I played World Junior Championship last year in Korea so yeah, i knew all the Malaysians and some of them are pretty good...Woon Khe wei, Arif , Vountus, Wee Kiong and Lydia definately gonna be Malaysia's star in the future....

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Alor Star the birth place for young talents

Ask kokcheng and he will reveal some secrets about Alor Star, captial of Kedah, and the young talents undergoing training there.

When I was there late last year at the invitation of kokcheng, there was a 12 year-old boy who may become Malaysia's future star player in the mould of Lee Chong Wei. Can't remember his name and unfortunately my camera failed me at the wrong time when I wanted to take a pic of him.

Apparently Kedah has produced a reasonable number of national players for Malaysia, among the more recent ones are Kenn Lim and GanTeik Chai. But the most famous must be the AE 2007 MD champion, Tan Boon Heong! :)

20. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

but the latif guy... how is he going to play both MS and MD?