A different Lin Dan -LYB

Discussion in 'Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philipp' started by xymaerts, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Lx2_Oddkinsonz

Lx2_Oddkinsonz Regular Member

Student
    mayb xie zb just wanted to focus on his XD

2. volcom

volcom Regular Member

LOL ok rage more man, need some sorbent tissues?
    Wow Malaysia's so courageous, that yet again they failed another tournament?
    Looks like they need to follow the winning formula that is to be cowardly like China that holds the number one spot for every aspect of badminton :rolleyes:...

Right, winners make history mate and thats all thats needed.
    And in my books better means winners, not constant losers.

3. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    XZB already lost his XD match, no reason for him to give free ride to compatriots. Actually, it would be better for CHN to allow compatriots to challenge each other, else they'll only have CY/FHF.

Look at MAS, INA, DEN and KOR. All with a few pairs at similar strength and depth.

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

If he can't handle 2 events, then have the decency to play in only one.That's what I mean by cowardice. LYB arrange for so much insurance because he lacks full confidence in his players. I would be disgusted if I were cai/fu to need a w/o advantage in taking on tan/ong. What is he telling cai/fu? You are no sure winner even when you are WR1. MAS MDs are dangerous, whatever pair...MAS, take note. Nothing's sure for cai/fu.Pitiful coach attitude.

5. orchiid

orchiid Regular Member

well, ok..it's reported XIE zhongbo felt uncomfortable with his chest after he lost xd, so he chose giving up MD.

6. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Before LYB, CHN already dominated world badminton. I do not remember such blatant use of w/o and team orders then.

It is not just the win that counts, it's how you are perceived to win. Remember that this is a spectator sport.

Eg. if LD wins this tournament, we know that he had sweated blood for it (2 tough matches against BCL and LCW already). We respect him more for it. But if a winner is given "free passage", then there is less meaning to the win, and even if he deserves it, people won't give him the same accolade ......

This is similar to the controversial F1 Ferrari team orders, a few years ago.

7. lina_ngchiuhwa

lina_ngchiuhwa Regular Member

Clerk
    MAS would continue to fight instead a w/o when they have to face their own compatriots... They play, they fight for every single points. Come on Li Yongbo! Don't always ask your players to w/o when they face each other or ask them accidently to lose their game to their stronger or more famous teammates. Just like one case that had happen to Zhang Jiewen in the XD in China Masters 2nd round... She was ask to lose the game with partner Chen Xu to He Hanbin/Yu Yang... Don't be so coward, LI YONGBO. Show your class...

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

You think he'll give a w/o if he has to play non-CHN MD?

9. lina_ngchiuhwa

Clerk
    Agree,agree!!!:D:mad:

10. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    Do remember that team orders is only one man's doing and is the fault of no-one else, especially not the players'. LYB's doing is in the best interest of Chinese Badminton in terms of finance and standing, I'm not too sure about the harmony within the squad such. I don't like him pulling strings as a badminton fan first and foremost and a China supporter second.

But trying to get back on topic, LD can only do one thing; beat the guy on the other end of the court. He doesn't have any control of other aspects in the team but he has done his job well today.

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Volcom, LCW knew he had to lose to LD othwerwise LD would suffer home crowd's ire --- he is a gentleman, our LCW. He knows he has the measure of LD, come WC, LD would not have a chance.

Another logical reason for the loss is the match with Taufik which took a bit of him. LD only played BAO (even tho it was 3 games also). You can tell by the 1st game where he beat LD easy. LD did not win. LCW lost.

No way can you boast that LD actually beat LCW. Capital 'NO' !

#51 X Ball, Jul 14, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  12. lina_ngchiuhwa

Clerk

I don't think so. I'm sure he will fight for it... It's just an excuse from them... Just like the case in German Open, Chen Yu w/o to Lin Dan citing personnal injury. So Lin Dan win the German Open without have to raise his racquet. Chen Yu reach the All- England final and set up a match with Lin Dan. Surprise hah? Sunday injured and reach the AE final the following Sunday.

13. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Are you willing to say LD is far superior than LCW if LD beats him in the WC in Malaysia? :cool:

14. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    Come on... if people said that LCW didn't actually beat LD in the Sudirman Cup because LD was just on his way back to full match fitness as a result of his injury, he'd be tearing their heads off.

Facts are facts and LD beat LCW: fact. ;)

15. orchiid

orchiid Regular Member

unless doctor tell LYB that XZB has a serious heart disease:(

16. lina_ngchiuhwa

Clerk
    I know Lee Chong Wei have put a great fight against Lin Dan. Come on Chong Wei, the World Championships is waiting for you...

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

U betcha and would you also do that ?

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

It is typical of you - u gloat when you win.

Anyway, LCW gave the match to LD. LD did not win --- you will never get me to acknowledge LD won truly no matter what you say. It does not work on me. :D

19. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    Totally agree. Look forward to seeing these two players square off against each other for the top honours.

20. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    I don't know why you're being so sensitive about this. It is not gloating and I would never think of doing so, but if you did take offence in me just merely stating what happened today, then I apologise for stating what happened today.