A different Lin Dan -LYB

Discussion in 'Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philipp' started by xymaerts, Jul 10, 2007.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Mental toughness again? So when LCW beat TH,it's because LCW mental toughness has the slight edge?
    Why should you expect LD to give up after losing the 1st set? Isn't LD WR1? What kind of WR1 is he if he were to give up after losing 1st set? BP is WR1 in not giving up after losing the 1st so BP is mentally the toughest?Or WCH?
    (Can't compare WC05 vs TH cos LD was no match for TH as TH was not WR1 in laziness yet)
    The real final was the QF of LCW vs TH ,don't you think so?

2. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Shouldn't the wind draft affect LD too? How come there's wind draft issue in SF? So the air con's not on until SF?

3. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Lin Dan won because he played better than Lee Chong Wei. Forget about the bad call or wind drift, those were not the reason why Chong Wei lost. Go home and train harder and it's not the total lost for Chong Wei as knows now he's in par with Taufik and Lin Dan.

4. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

No. The wind draft is affecting throughout the tournament. That is why LD made many mistakes at the baseline too during 1st set.

5. pisanggoreng

pisanggoreng Regular Member

yea...i agree that every player has his own characteristic but i also agree tat every fan has his right to love or hate a player...so I hate you LD coz of ur arrogance........LCW boleh! China bluek....although i'm a chinese..haha

6. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Cool down man.... there is no need to "hate" a player ;)
    I think LD's arrogance is consider nth comparing to 1 or 2 years ago.

7. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

The win draft did affect the game, those who lost in the 1set would most likely win in the rubber.

8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Obviously, you know nothing about the game of badminton. A game of two top players (such as LCW vs TH) takes everything out of you. LCW was drained but not until he showed how easy it was to beat LD in the 1st game (21-15). That is enough for me to tell me LD is in trouble in the WC.

Argue if you want but it will not convince me. Even Indra now admits LCW is the best in the world today. LD is good but he will lose in the WC, no two ways about it.

9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

iF this is truly the case, then is better to say that LCW and LD had an agreement to let LCW win first in the Sudirman Cup and exchange the vitory in this China Master, which LCW to give away the match to let LD win ...:D LMAO.....

10. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

And i presume that LCW accually played two final in a row......back to back ...2 very tough matches....againts TH then LD.....the draw is really tough for him, LD and TH in this CM:mad::crying::crying::mad:

11. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    According to your analysis, the same could be said for BCL when he lost to LCW in the final of the SS Indonesian Open after beating TH. You can't use the same theory when it suits you and not when it doesn't.

You also said that LCW would prevail against LD in yesterday's semi-final. Of course there are two ways about it. In theory, everyone who will participate in WC07 will have a chance to lift the crown. Who knows, maybe there'll be another Wacha+2 more steps. :D That would be really awesome if such a long-shot won it.

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

You got to be joking -- comparing BAO with TH. If LD had played TH instead of BAO, I can tell you LCW would have won the Masters. Get real.

13. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    Uh... you should read my post again. The point I was making was that if it takes everything out of you to play TH like you said, then the same thing happened to BCL at the SS Indonesian Open where he lost in the final to LCW.

If LD played TH in the quarters of the China Mastes, it still wouldn't mean that LCW would win the title.

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

But I did not say anthing about it being fair for BAO to lose to LCW in the IO. He probably lost because he had a hard game against his tough opponent before he met LCW.

15. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    Ultimately, I was using those scenarios to explain that having a tough encounter in one round doesn't necessarily mean that the player will be beaten in the next round. I believe that even if BCL didn't have a tough semi-final with TH at the SS Indonesian Open, he would still have lost to LCW in the final but we'll never know now.

Everyone still has a chance of winning as long as they're not defeated. LCW would not have been guarenteed the China Masters title if it was LD that TH was playing in the quarters. LCW will be a strong candidate at WC07 but totally writing off LD's or anyone else's chances is wrong.

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I disagree (not on purpose) but a hard game against a top player takes your edge away --- mentally and physically one is exhausted.

It is not wrong to say LCW will beat LD if you believe in it. I trust my reading of players -- LCW has an edge. If he had lost the 1st game to LD in the Masters, I would have said his chances are not good and be honest about it. In the second game, he was struggling (I can tell from his movements). By the 3rd game he was a spent force.

In the WC, he has a psychological advantage over LD....home ground. At his best, LCW is unbeatable at home (his previous records showed that). His home supporters like me and many others will make sure of that. Given now he is in form, there is no way, I repeat it, no way he wil be beaten. Else I would buy you lunch if you are attending the WC.

17. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    xiao bao beat LEE CW at Malaysia open!!!!!!!!!!!
    :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Don't you read english : "At his best.....".

19. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Haha :cool::cool::cool::cool:
    Watching that game... LCW shouldve smashed more, he didn't attack enough.

20. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well you said it....he was not smashing because he was not at his best. His back or his knees (as I half remembered it was giving him trouble).