A different Lin Dan -LYB

Discussion in 'Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philipp' started by xymaerts, Jul 10, 2007.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Ah, but when you say that you got to have the records. LCW won 3 MOs and many other satellite tournaments in Malaysia. Hafiz, well I cannot recall any.:D

Hey I am not against arguments like yours but you got to get your facts right not your emotion. Else I would have to answer your illogical questioning which I don't have much time for.:D

2. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

That's because Hafiz was not at his best. Don't you read english : "At his best.....":D.

When you make a statement that can never be wrong, you do not need any facts to back it up, right?:D

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I thot I was mixed up but I think are on a grander scale.:D

4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Yes, those 2 matches are tough, considering TH was in good form in this tourney and LCW previously had tough matches against him, and LD is always tough and usually 3-setter...those 2 matches are 'finals' in any other tourneys...don't you think so...as if I am paying to see both these matches, I get my money worth and time well spent.

5. lina_ngchiuhwa

lina_ngchiuhwa Regular Member

Clerk

Yea... I agree with this...:mad::mad::mad:

6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree. Any time LCW plays LD or TH, they have to work like max so yes it's super bonus.But it's good he had to play 2 'finals' in a row. Next time if it happens again, it'll be easier for him and he'll play smarter and likely to win both finals.But the one who experienced the toughest matches in a row has to be BP in TO07. He's going to go far this year. I hope BP and LCW will be in different halves of future draws so they can meet in the finals.

7. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I was thinking LCW is gonna win over LCW after the easy 1st set win and LD seemed not to know how to deal with LCW. Not an excuse for LCW lost (LD played well and deserve to win for his not-give-up attitude) but the win over TH must be draining...both players played cautiously, LCW did not attack as he did in Sudirman. TH-LCW was the tougher match and worthy of any finals, the fans sure got their $$$ worth and a real treat, double treat with LD-LCW finals.
    Agree BP played well not only in this tourney but in the previous SS, but I still think he is one small level behind the big 3 boys, do you think so? Did you notice LD did not do his 'dive-for-the-birds' stuff anymore since his injury...what does that tell us? One thing is LCW shows us he can play and capable of beating TH and LD, no longer jogoh kampong, we hope!

8. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

I've seen at least 4-5 full dive of LD to which he stay on the ground for 3 secs before he's up again. Of course he failed on most of the dive. Else he wouldn't have stay that long.

9. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Wow, so what are you saying about your hero LCW? That he is a quitter and disappointed his fans and country by "giving" the match to LD. That is very unfair and not true about LCW as the score indicate that he tried. Please don't make up things like that to cover up for LCW's (one of my favorite players) lost!

Can you not read the score? Can you at least be objective when reading the final result? That lame "excuse" maybe sounds more reasonable if LCW had given LD a walkover. But they went to three sets and LCW lost! If you excuse LCW's lost then people could say that LD "gave" LCW the win at 2007 Surdiman Cup since he [LD] felt really bad for Koo/Tan only getting 9 & 14 points from Fu/Cai. NO! LCW did beat LD at the 2007 Surdiman Cup and LD beat LCW at 2007 China Masters. Even LCW himself admitted that LD played better badminton on that day so why can't you LCW fans be gracious like him and accept the facts and admit the defeat?

That is my main gripe with some of you die-hard fans; you gloat when your heroes win and gives excuses whenever they lose. You guys all have to learn to be a bit more objective and control your emotions better. I've noticed that sometimes patriotism & fanaticism get the best of people and results in bad sportsmanships from fans.

I don't want to single out people but lately I've noticed that Malaysian die-hard fans have gotten worst, maybe more than Indra ever was. Honestly, I like LCW much better than LD since he has better attitudes and sportsmanships than LD but many of these lame excuses are unfair & biased not to mention damaging to the players' reputations, especially one who is classy such as LCW. You all should look at Indra and learn from him. Before he used to give excuses and gloat like crazy for TH and Indonesian players. But now he has grown up a bit and learnt to graciously accept defeat like he did with right after LCW beat TH.

10. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

Yeah go ahead.
    I don't remember we Malaysian have appointed X ball as a spokeperson and he speaks for every Malaysian die hard fans, or at least me.

Don't bother to put the word "some", you can easily replace the "you malaysian die hard fans" with "you X ball". Talking about dont want to single out people.

I didn't see you list out some respectable Malaysian fans and telling us how good Malaysian fans is.

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Hahaha, settle down. Can't you read the serious me versus the 'stirrer' me.

Ignore everything I say except 'when I say it and you know I am not joking'. LOL

Now the serious me : LCW will give LD a run for his money in the WC. LD is good but he is beatable.

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yo, he never said I was the Malaysian spokesman. :)

13. virusvoodoo

court mopper

Well, I am sorry if I had offended you and others but I never meant to direct my previous post towards those who maintain their respects for others. The reason why I did not just put X-Ball because he wasn't the only one instigating, although he was certainly the worst one.

#133 virusvoodoo, Jul 17, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  14. virusvoodoo

court mopper

Yes, that is much better!

Anyway, this is online posting you really want to be careful of what you say and how you say it.

I think it makes sense to stir before the match/tournament rather than after with your denial of the results since it invokes people. The same goes for those of you who were gloating and bashing LYB just because he "only" bagged 4 golds out instead of a clean sweep at this year's China Masters.

#134 virusvoodoo, Jul 17, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  15. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I guess they use " big slap" on LYB, he mentioned that CHN would take 5 titles and minimum 3 of them were all CHN finals......eventhough from my posts, I did not agree with "big slap"....4 titles are pretty good....it is just they way he said it and our BCers ( most of them) did not like his attitudes, and would find away to slap him harder....:D

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

All I said was LCW lost and LD did not win, and I gave my honest opinion of it. If I had said it without giving my opinion that would have been wrong and you would have been right. And if you did not like my opinion, then too bad.

So I resent your statement totally. And in one statement you linked me to others who gloated and bashed LYB.

I think one ought to be careful in blanket statement like yours.

17. hollywood_t

hollywood_t Regular Member

I think you hit the nail on the head w/ LD not knowing hot wo deal w/ LCW in the first set. He made an uncharacteristic number of unforced errors and LCW was able to mantain his rhythm and close it out.

However I don't believe that the TH match was the key factor why LCW lost the next 2 games. LD also played a tough 3 setter w/ Bao that went longer and both players in the semi looked haggard and tense.

Rather I had an epiphany that LCW does not have an effective recovery strategy when his rhythm is broken. Instead of falling back on his strenghts of rally play and footwork he gets confused opting to play high risk net shots that result in many errors.

I don't know why I didn't see it before. LCW is a rhythm player. When he is in his zone everything works and his ability to create takes over. However 2-3 times during a match he falls out of this zone, his rhythm is broken either by his opponents play, line call, change in environment.

In the semi I noticed the vast majority of his errors at these crucial points were net play, but when he continued to rally from the rear court (3rd game) he was able to reestablish his rhytm and win the point. I think this pattern of front court errors has repeated itself time and time again MAC06, HK06.

LCW's weakness is that his netplay consistently self destructs at those times. All he needs to do is focus on his strength which is to extend the rally from the backcourt and he will have a chance to win.

I don't think LCW's problem is mental strength or at least I think he's not going to get mentally stronger. As a rhythm player his ability to win is going to come down to whether he can reestablish his rhythm not from getting mentally stronger, or forcing the attack. These go against his nature which is to build the rally and play instinctively. The tactics and strategy have to fit the player. So efforts should concentrate on developing his ability to recover and restablish his rhythm. In that regard fitness will be a key as he will have to be prepared to play longer rallies until he is comfortable again.

Or in other words LCW doesn't have to be mentally as strong as LD or attack like LD to beat LD. He just has to maximize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses.

Some other evidence to support this is in Sudirman cup he was always in the zone so never had to recover or establish his rhythm, his wins were effortless right? But in other matches where it is broken he almost* always loses.

Thoughts?

18. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Well said, I agree with you what you wrote above. Just to clarify, I did not intend that because LCW played a tough 3-setter win over TH, that he losts to LD. I have said in another post, LD also played a 70-min 3-setter against Bao, and LD won fair and square. I know LCW mentally is tough as he demonstrated in MO06, his came from behind to win in MO06 is almost impossible in today's 21-point system and no less an opponent against LD in the final. That video is one of my favorite of all times.

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Problem is LD is smart enough not to allow LCW to play in his comfort zone and to maintain his rhythm for long.

When LCW tried to change from net play when he was disadvantaged as I understand from your comments, to playing baseline may not be that easy as LD likes to bring the bird down with his deceptive and effective smashes. So LCW must be precise and be able to return pretty good baseline shots in order not to be attacked by LD. How often can LCW do this to win points from LD, who is no newcomer to his game?

I have not seen that match but if LCW succeeded in the first game, he must have a winning strategy or effective tactics. How was it that he could not continue with that seemingly winning strategy? :rolleyes:

20. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

If u noticed LD's style of playing, he usually go slow (30%-50%) on the first game, knowing that he could go/speed up the game if needed or if he loses the first game. That's what happened during the LD-LCW match last week.

If u wanna beat LD, u hv to beat him in straight games and dats very very very tough... If the game drags till rubber, it's even tougher coz most players do not have the strong mentality as LD who is able to change the speed or tactics of the game with his fingertips. LCW did very well... but LD was even better... The same goes to Federer vs Naval... :)

I hope Gade will be in good form to stop LD-LCW final in WC07