Philippines Open 2007 - July 21 - SF

Discussion in 'Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philipp' started by robin7, Jul 20, 2007.

1. ixory

ixory Regular Member

wow that impressive...

2. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

t hink 2morrow lee chong wei will beat chen hong .... this year is belong to lin dan n chong wei ..... cant wait 4 lindan vs chong wei in the world champion final ....

3. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

malaysia 2 indonesia 1 hk 1 china 1

4. blackrose

blackrose Regular Member

FINAL'S CHAMPIONS

MS: Lee Chong Wei
    MD: Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong
    WS: Zhou Mi
    WD: Chien Yu Chin/Cheng Wen Hsing
    XD: Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir

This great idea.....!!![/quote]

yES...

5. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

Yup,exactly. 21-1,21-4 in 8 minutes. Beating the Brunei pair. ;)

6. thiery

thiery Regular Member

yES...[/quote]

china going home empty-handed....cool.

7. Tjun Tjun

Tjun Tjun Regular Member

To lose a match in 8 mins is scary to any player. I know I'll wet my pants.....:D:D:D

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I think that reference may have negative meanings to some Indonesians, if not all. The negative reaction is so overwhelming your wholehearted support for INA is overlooked. Better to use the standard BWF abbreviation of INA for Indonesia in future.
    May I say you have done a terrific job of 'livescoring' ,actually better because of action descriptives.Your point-by-point updates give a great feel of how the match is moving.Appreciate your thoughtfulness. Pls continue to do so when possible.
    By the way, out of curiosity, does 'livescoring' take away your enjoyment of the match?

9. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Chill man, Tjun Tjun meant no harm here. Dont release tension here. Say it nicely and for sure we will respect

10. Tjun Tjun

Tjun Tjun Regular Member

Thank you for your clear explanation. I was naive. Now I understand. Actually it easier to use the shorter INA rather than the longer degoratory term "Indon" when you're typing furiously away providing livescore. Did it take away my enjoyment of the game? Oh, no I'm more than happy to provide livescore for those of us fanatics who are eager to know how our favourite players are doing. No sweat, cool man :D:D:D

11. Tjun Tjun

Tjun Tjun Regular Member

Don't worry. I'm cool here. I just wish that guy made himself clearer, that'all. Cheers, everyone.:D:D:D

12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Sounds good to me! ;)

13. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Correct Indonesian... Indo, not Indon...

Tjun Tjun are you an Indonesian living in Malaysia or a Malaysian? I would suspect the latter? Am I correct? :p If you're an Indonesian living in Malaysia, then most probably you did not grow up in Indonesia too long.

No Indonesian would call themselves Indons... :p It is not deragotary. It just sounds funny and foreign... :p In elementary school we were all taught how to break the Indonesian word into "suku kata" [word particles], so in this case In-do-ne-si-a... You cannot break it to In-don-e-sia... That's just wrong in our language... :D An innocent mistake, but just wrong...

Outside Indonesia, we would call ourselves "Indo-s" for short in front of our foreign friends... "Kita anak Indo!" [we are Indonesians] :cool:

Note: but we will not call ourselves "Indo" that in our own country. "Indo" means eurasian in the Indonesian spoken language.

14. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

- here in Singapore ....... sometimes (but not always), Berita Harian (a Malay language) used "Indon" ........ and almost all Malay community here used this word.
    - in some conversation with Singapore Malay, sometimes they asked : "kamu dari Indon ?" ... (You from Indonesia ?)

anyway, it had better to use INA, MAL, CHN, TPE, JPN, USA, etc. for the future .....

15. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Strange. I've always used the word Indon as a short for Indonesian. Because I've noticed other people use it. It's not supposed to be insulting.

It's just like the word Cina. In Malaysia, the word Cina is commonly used to refer to the Chinese (both race and the country PRC).

But in Indonesia, the word Cina is supposed to be insulting to the Chinese.

I guess it's the same when other parts of the world call us "Malays" rather than "Malaysians", the distinction being "Malay" is a race whereas "Malaysian" is a nationality. There are many Malaysians who are not Malays, and there are also Malays who are not Malaysians.

Whenever others make this mistake without malice, we just have to politely correct them.

16. alohio12

alohio12 Regular Member

ahem, its cheng/chien. NOT Yu/Wen! AHHHHHH! lol please get it right, thanks.

17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

ok, let's get fussy. It's not MAL for Malaysia but MAS, I believe. MAS can stand for gold or Mana Ada Sistem ,depending how you feel about it at that moment.

18. blueagle

blueagle Regular Member

he was just too tired after the XD match. in fact, he was lying on the floor for quite sometime after the game. i thought he had muscle cramps.

19. Tjun Tjun

Tjun Tjun Regular Member

Hi Krisna,

Sorry for the late reply. Just came back from dinner with some friends coming from NZ.

I'm a Malaysian. I was totally caught by surprise that Indonesians do not like to be called "Indons". Believe me, I've never heard of this before. Anyway I would not have adopted "Tjun Tjun" as my name in this forum if I don't respect Indonesians. Henceforth, I'll use "INA" as Pjswift suggested earlier. Cheers everyone.

20. Tjun Tjun

Tjun Tjun Regular Member

He had some problem with his neck as well. Saw them applying ice pack to his neck during match interval. Guess that hampered his game in men's doubles.