Koo/Tan in quarter!

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by kedahan, Aug 16, 2007.

1. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Well, I think you cannot judge Cai/Fu's form yet... They haven't met any good pairs yet. The Russian pair played against Tony/Halim last year in the US Open if I remembered correctly, easy game for Tony/Halim. So there is the possibiity that CY/FHF haven't really warmed up yet.

Taufik and LCW seemed to be in pretty good form just before they lost unexpectedly, right?

Btw, it doesn't matter to get one-digit points in one game. Remember 06 HK open? CTF/LWW got 7 or 9 points in the first game but came back and beated CY/FHF in the following two games.

I would say CTF/LWW - CY/FHF 49-51.

2. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    pls la.....come on.......pressure, pressure and pressure again. no more pls. if one wants lesser pressure, can stop playing professional badminton once and for all. Rather just to sit at home and watch WC, AND even site at home watch WC also got pressure, dont know whether the one you support win or lose........better sleep whole day then, sleep too much also have pressure............NEVERENDING. Better kill himself and no need to deal with the pressure anymore. :cool::cool:

NOW WHO DOESNT HAVE PRESSURE? IT'S HOW YOU DEAL WITH IT THAT MAKES YOU THE MAN.;)

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

KKK/TBH making many errors?

Just took a look at the statistics. KKK/TBH has 20 smash points, this is normal. CY/FHF has 29 against the much weaker Russian pair and we all know KKK/TBH is not as strong as CY/FHF regarding smash. Polish pair has only 6 smash points. So either KKK performed well at the net or KKK/TBH's defence is also OK.

Now, in the "others" category, KKK/TBH has 10 and Polish pair has 20. What happened? :eek: K/T making too many errors? Anyone watched the game please enlighten me!

4. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Not as many errors as LCW, or XXF have in a match though.:p

5. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    my guess is KKK&TBH playing quite relaxing games to overcome the pressure. as before this, LCW lost and blame it to pressure....:eek:

6. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    yes to your answer. and you can see Rexy's face was as black as charcoal during the interval.

7. yuqiu

yuqiu Regular Member

News from tomorrow. :D

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 17 (Bernama) -- Malaysian first men double Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong blamed head coach Yap Kim Hock for placing too much pressure leading to their loss to Japanese Shuichi SAKAMOTO and Shintaro IKEDA.

The world No. 2 and tournament second seed went down tamely 11-21, 9-21 in 36 minutes to Japan's second men double players.

Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong said Kim Hock put too much emphasis on them winning to end a 30 year drought since 1977 particularly when it was being held at home.

"Kim Hock always stressed that we have to deliver in the men doubles. No other players name were mentioned. The intense pressure affected our focus during the game," they added.

8. 2saya

2saya Regular Member

high school student
    hHAHhaHAHhaHAHha:D:D:D:D
    i hope that not gonna to happen!!!!!!!!!

9. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    From all the upset results we've gain so far for this WC, its prove that Pressure is being loaded heavily on the shoulders for some top players ! It was normal to get this kinda high pressure especially when dealing with WORLD Championship/Olympic games.. For MAS, the only country who never win any GOLD from their previous attempt, never looks comfort handle with those kinda situation.
    I can accept the pressure from the fans, but from their own coach??? This was totally insane ! furthermore YKH did issue his wish on the public !
    We all know LYB wants LD to deliver badly in this WC. Bad so far never see any of those kinda words coming out from his mouth... At least not in public.

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i watched 07 singapore open. lww/ctf have has better chance of beating cai/fu than kkk/tbh.

11. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    It will be hard for this old folks to repeat the same feat as in S007. I believe CHinese Team this time fully focus on all the MAS pair after those kinda "DREAM" statements issues by REXY in public for ALL 4 pairs to advance into the SEMIS.

12. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    It really doesn't matter how bad KKK/TBH played, bottom line is they still find ways to win, is like making the best out of the bad situation, sign of a good team. The same can be said about Tan Fok and Wan Wah who almost beat Fu/Cai in Singapore Open, played well but found ways to lose. As for Chong Wei case, who knows what happened? He's so cool when he wins and clueless when he lost, beat the hell out of me trying to figure him out!!! Mew Cho is the best, win the winnable match and fight hard for every point, sometime I even wonder is she a Korean or Malaysian? :D

13. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    WMC is not expecting to get pass ZhuLin.. She was deemed to be lucky to beat XXF whom i believe is totally out of focused in that match.
    MAS players can play extremely well today but lost tamely in the following day.
    If WMC manage to pulls it through. I believe her confidence for winning over 2 CHinese player in a rows will be in all time high. LuLAN will be her next victims in the SEMIS

14. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I think they are kind of lucky in Singapore open... Amazing defence which they have never shown before & after when facing FHF/CY. It would be hard to repeat that.

Basically, to beat FHF/CY, you have to attack attack and attack. Move them around by good placements and so on. If mental power is not counted, I believe CTF/LWW is a slightly stronger pair than CY/FHF. However you have to be mentally strong to win. So I would say CY/FHF has slight edge here.

CTF/LWW at their best can make CY/FHF look like fools, but most of the time they are far below their best. :)

15. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    She's a Chinese :rolleyes:

Chinese are the best now, not Koreans. So no need to be a Korean to win.

16. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

It shows the mental strength actually, especially KKK. That boy sure knows what shots to play when it matters, during crucial situation.

17. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    KKK/TBH is a true Golden combination. While one make mistakes, the other do the covering. They can be better If manage to reduce the numbers of unforced errors during the match.. It will be vital point as we could see Feng Yun commit less errors in their consistency game

18. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

I hope the KKK/TBH will play much better match. Yesterday nite, Poland player only u know.. they had to stress hard for the win...

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

KKK/TBH canot take for granted about their opponent in the QUATER... yesterday i saw the highlight the JPN player smash very hard and run faster.... on court

20. gidong

gidong Regular Member

im sure KKK/TBH will win tis one coz tis is da month of MAS indepnt day .. free from Japanese :p:p