Koo/Tan down to Japanese pair

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by kedahan, Aug 17, 2007.

1. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

My opinion that should be TBH's shot. Its just an easy front court smash, and yet he let it get past him for KKK to take....
    If only TBH played his own normal game, his partner dont hv to so much extra work and covering for him.

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    Actually, Rexy is like a blessing to us.Without him, our MD players won't be as good as they are now.We should be thankful to have Rexy with us.All we have to do now is give our full support to CTF/LWW tomorrow.

3. fanatic

fanatic Regular Member

yes, pls stay Rexy! ignore those idiots whose brains are located at their backside. we need u Rexy! malaysia needs u.

4. eugene

eugene Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Yes, finally there is 1 with my same view. :p

5. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

However, the lost is a good learning experience for them. TBH is barely 20. So continue improving with the experience, they will win the WC in future.

6. ckloo

ckloo Regular Member

Me also same view le..

Wah eugene you said like that not correct liao...not only 1 ler...Me too have the same view with you ler...

So dear Msia Fans, stop quarreling and focus on how to support CTF/LWW tomorrow.

7. eugene

eugene Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Yes, totally agree with you....Now, step back and think or rewatch the game why TBH won;t take this shot?

~End~

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    Generally, Malaysians are like that.Win=praise sky high....lose=bash like hell.....We should not have this kind of attitude.We should support our players through thick and thin.It was a close match anyways....they fought hard...that's the important thing.

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I was there also in stadium...I think TBH was nervous to finish the match....MAS MD has chances but TBH made 2 very very bad mistakes which I had not seen for a while...smashing TWICE into his court.....I think Japanese played very well as well.....very intense and entertaining match..just like LWW/CTF vs CY/FTF

10. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer
    agree....those fans tht ask for rexy's resignation should have their head examined....either tht or they knw nuts abt badminton.....

do you think if rexy resign, its goin to solve the problem?

the fans should learn somethin fr the travelling danish fans....win or lose they always support their country man/woman....they will shout words of encouragement and try to lift the players even when they are losing....even if the player lost they still appreaciate it....this is somethin the msian fans should learn.....

nobody wins alll the time.....even the great roger federer and tiger woods which i regard as having the best mental strength do lose at times....

#70 ksooi, Aug 17, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  11. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Wont continue the debate with u. Only the players themselves will know that. Anyways, those who understand chinese can read the news below:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2007-08-18/00253110675.shtml

12. fyong

fyong Regular Member

Management Executive
    The loss is not the end of the world. Eventhough I felt disappointed, I wouldn't blame on them. How long have KKK/TBH been playing together? Less than a year and yet everyone hoping them to get AG, AE and WC title in a year time. Would it be too demanding? They are still young and inmature. The journey to success would never be easy. The more obstacles they go through, the stronger they are. I'm looking forward to their bright future.

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    The Japanese players played well. Our doubles just are too pressured to win and was chasing the shuttle.We even hit the "out" shuttle few times. It was a close match. But the japanese were good today. I hope they can advance to the finals if ever. Our pair are still young. I'm sure they still have alot to learn.

14. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Big blow to Rexy. Its a wake up call to YKH and Rexy, they have not been consistent like LYB.

15. dreamloverhsy

dreamloverhsy Regular Member

student
    i almost died in the stadium.... died of heart attack....

but it was a great game... although they made a lot of mistakes but i think they tried their real best... still along way to go for them...

Good Luck to the last surviving pair for tomolo's game!

16. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    True, even if we have players/pairs in position to win but most of the time still failed but is that the coaches' fault? Be aware, none of the previous coaches from Yang Yang, Morten Frost, Park Jubong, Misbun, Li Mao, Indra Gunawan and Yap able to break the mold. We are better now because KKK/TBH won few major tournaments(AE & AG). The rest is same (m)old same (m)old. Not easy to be a Malaysian, heart broken so many times still have to pretend tomorrow will be better :crying:

17. dreamloverhsy

dreamloverhsy Regular Member

student
    although i am very dissapointed with the game.. frustrated as well... well.. i have to say the japanese have luck and also the determination. I was there the whole match and i was shouting like hell. Although they lost, Malaysians at the stadium didnt booooo at all (maybe some did) but a lot stand and gave a clap to them. At least they fight non stop.

Do you know who is the Japanese coach for the men doubles? Still remember Park J B the former coach of Malaysia? This is what happen when Malaysia doesn't appriciate the coaches when they are around. Dont put all the blame on rexy.... i believe he wants them to win more than anyone of us :)

18. kungfukid

kungfukid Regular Member

i was in the office watching the live score. even i'm not the one who plays, even i'm not seeing the real match on tv, i was so tensed n can hardly breathe. imagine how those players feel?? it's acceptable that they lost in this way, at least they didn't surrender n they did show their fighting spirit. i'm proud of them!!!

19. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

I actually saw Rexy praying for them during the tight 3rd match :)

#79 zqloy, Aug 17, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  20. markchan

markchan Regular Member

Haha........you and probably another few thousand fans almost died of heart attack watching the MD game in the stadium and another few million at home too. My wife who is not really a sports fan also jumped up and down and we held our breath as TBH was serving at match point but alas we didnt get it.

But I must say the japs doubles hv improved tremendously under PJB and this Sakamoto/Ikeda is not too bad. Watched their match yesterday with Luluk/Alven and it was also another thriller for those who were at the stadium.

The match could have gone either way and we should not be putting the blame on anyone as everyone has their down days. Ask TH,LCW or XXF....:)