Chinese Domination 'Sickening'

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by DaN_fAn, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    How come Taufik is the first MS. It should be:

MS: Lee CW, P Gade, K Jonassen.

The MVP was a joke. It is a real joke by its entertaining nature. For example, it counts points instead of winning matches. But it gave Asian team just 1 point for Lin Dan beat Gade, but gave European team 3 points for Jonassen beat Taufik.

2. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    Ultimately, this boring and "sickening" dominance will bring up the bar for the standard of professional badminton around the world. These are just the first stages of it. Be patient and you will see the fruits of their labour.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Great, the best players got punished because they are too good, and others don't want to work hard in the gym, but rather crying hard on the stage. :cool: Such a wonderful idea to promote our sports. :(

4. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I think the title" Sickening" is NOT appropriate.....China dominance is not sickening....we, other countries are SICK, not to riase the higher bar to compete with CHN....I think we should DELETE this word...

5. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Why does this thread come out just after I made my promise of no sarcastic and rude comments until end of WC 07?:(

You have no idea how hard I am trying not to start a flame war here...:crying: It's like being constipated, and can not get it out...:(:crying::crying::crying:

6. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

are you sure you're gonna put jonassen ahead of taufik or maybe sony?
    I bet boonsak could beat jonassen:D:p

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Thought you promised to be NICE....:mad::mad:...:D:D:D

8. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Indeed I have not said anything that is not nice...YET...:p

9. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

That is just a fun match... What I think is important is that, say top European players all train together for a few months every year.

10. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    it's from the official ranking, not me. If there is such a competition, players should be picked up according to their ranking points.

11. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    When you compare prices in MAS vs. CAN you have to take into account the average income per player..
    Almost EVERYTHING (Housing, clothes, food, etc.) are more expensive in Canada.. I am pretty sure if you calculate the average income divided by the NS cost in both countries, You will find You are actually paying alot less in CAN for your NS..

It's all a matter of perspective and priorities you make..

/Twobeer

12. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    heh start getting used to it and starting sucking it up, cause China has the most talent, not to mention the most people...they have little factories pumping out kids, then they sort them out according to what their good at and give them training. Nobody can stop their domination...China's juniors own other's countries starters...

PROUD TO BE CHINESE GO CHINA!

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    You are correct on cost of living comparison, a NS would cost less in Canada than in MAS. I am an engineer, therefore would use my profession as a comparison. On average, an engineer in MAS makes less than in Canada, even w/o the currency conversion.
    What I trying to emphasize is how rich North America is and not cost of living comparison, and that baddy needs to tap into the rich North American and European market to impact the $$$ purse.
    With MS gold in SS only $15 to $20K, who want to try professional w/o insecure future and no sponsorship from the country. If you are an athlete, tennis prospect seems better.

14. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Absolutely, you are correct. CHN prowess raised standard of baddy and show how far the rest of the world trailing. That is also why, baddy play to empty stadium, $250K total price for SS, no emerging stars frm DEN (check Erland Kopps comment), no TV broadcast, fans begging and rely on free web broadcast or free dl (are you one of them stay at home fan???),baddy stays regional.
    Depends what fan you are; the one who kiss CHN butt (I know of some people who I play with kissing CHN all the way too), or the one who want see baddy popularize???

15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I can understand if kids from Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, China, have a hard time to get enough money to play badminton and get good equipment, shuttles etc. But all the Wining from, the by comparison, rich kids in Canada, Europe, US is imop a bit silly.
    For example Icehockey is really big in Canada / Sweden, and the cost is HUGE!!! compared to badminton!

I can really respect a kid from a a poor family in malaysia that can't afford a top-racket..But I bet he will feeel really good inside when he beat a richer kid having all the latest suff, with his losy racket and shoes :)

/Twobeer

16. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yes!

I aggree 100% with you on this!! Gettin US corporations interested in investing in badminton would be the best thing for the sport!!

/Twobeer

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think your view is biased and self interest to boost your own country profile. If we apply your principle to say the IT industry which is dominated by India, india will be a poorer country. If US and canada restrict IT business to their home base, India is not what it is today.

In badminton, if we restrict chinese participation in certain tournaments, who wanna watch a rigged watered down event except for locals? If the secondary countries have no higher goal or standard to shoot for, country like india will never improve in anything, be it badminton or any other disciplines.

#37 cooler, Aug 17, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  18. bhtan

bhtan Regular Member

Say if we have a south-east asia tournament , you think talfik or lee chong weng is interested to participate to beat susilo of singapore? They wouldnt see the point. No sizeable fans will be interested. Such 'force' event is finish before even starting.

i thank BWF for their work to keep great badminton tournament going around the world. Offcos it's not very interesting to see china domination at semi stage, but that's not alway the case right ?

I think the way to go for future success in badminton is to pump up those prize money to attract more european/american to take badminton seriously . Once that's achieved , interesting finals will naturally occurs.

19. sumbadder

sumbadder Regular Member

It's funny how in badminton, people deplore the domination of a team in the sport but in tennis when someone dominates the sport they are heralded as legends. Why don't we respect the players rather than b***h about how they keep winning.....

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    We do have such a sport event already, it is called 'the commonwealth games', no chinese players here. In 2006, badminton titles were mostly won by ENG and MAS. If u dont like India's results, don't blame it on china domination. http://www.thecgf.com/sports/tally_category.asp

#40 cooler, Aug 17, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.