Zhang Jiewen where are you?

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Just4Kicks, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Just4Kicks

Just4Kicks Regular Member

Chef
    Yes its confirmed

ZJW is back with YW.. i hope they wont meet GL and HS at a very early stage though...would love to see them battle for the final.

the two other pairs doesnt interest me much ZYW and WY... oh and YU is now paired with ZTT .. quite interesting.. wonder what happened to DU. If DU is not injured, ZTT must really have connections up there. The DU and YU tandem is quite solid too -though i dont really fancy their style of play, i find them too cocky. Its my own opinion though...

2. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Not to me.......

3. mikefly

mikefly Regular Member

Programmer
    ZJW and YW won the WD final, they both play very well. I can see them play the game while smilling, i think they dun have any burden/pressure hunting them, hence even thought, most of the time CL and WS were ahead, but they still can chase back the score, and winning the final. Another thing is that, Jie Wen defense was improved, as she can replied most of WS smashes, which are very sharp and heavy, cause i heard WS scream out loud when she smashed, YW front net play is very good also. Well done Zhang Jie Wen and Yang Wei. We will see what will LYB say...:)...I saw ZTT, with the :( face all the time when ZJW and YW keep winning points.

4. flymordecai

flymordecai Regular Member

I wonder what will happen to ZTT. She definitely needs to improve if she wants to be in the top 5 WD, and she needs a partner.

5. Just4Kicks

Just4Kicks Regular Member

Chef
    Congratulations to ZJW... hope this WC07 title is reason enough for LYB to bring them back together, I just hope they can continue giving good results so that they can string many points for olympic qualification.

6. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

HMNnn ZTT is in danger if Zhang JW gets back together with Yang W,And maybe Wei/Zhang YW is in danger too,Perhaps LYB will send GL/HS,YW/ZJW amd Du J/Yu Y for OG.

Anyway Congrats to YANG W/ZHANG JW,Hope they can be like they were in 2004-2005 when they won so many titles.Really looking forward for their next matches against Gao/Huang

#146 tommy_bun, Aug 19, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  7. mikefly

mikefly Regular Member

Programmer
    Yes they are smilling with each other during every matches in World Championship, i was remember when they played at All England 2007, they din smile at all, its like they having some kind of pressure that pull them back, hence they lost All Englan to YaWen/WTL. but now, Yang Wei and Jie Wen is like entered to different stage, they no longer nervous when opponent aheading them, instead they play very patient, steady and not losing concerntration. At last they pull GAo LIn/Wang Shui off and win the final.
    Good Luck, Jie Wen, we are always support you as always.

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I'm happy that Zhang Jiewen and Yang Wei won! :) Gao ling played well too.. but i think she is not as good as before.. but she is still a great player. Imagine playing in both MXD and WD.

9. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

Yang wei looked totally different with Zhang Jiewen than with Zhao Tingting.
    You could see her smiling to jiewen, talking to her, giving her advices
    Things she didn't do with Zhao Tingting !
    My favourite pair is now back on top !! GONG XI GONG XI =)

10. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    Finally she proved to LYB that YANG/ZHANG is the best pair of China again!!
    congrats!!!!!!!!!!

11. mikefly

mikefly Regular Member

Programmer
    From article (http://2008.qq.com/a/20070820/000005.htm)

但中国队总教练李永波(Qzone)今天表示,杨维、张洁雯在本次世锦赛上的对手都不是太强,因此,她们的夺冠并不意味着这对组合在世锦赛后还能续存。

mean that, LYB said even tought they ZJW/YW won the WC, its deosnt mean that they will still be pairing, as he said, this year WC no much of strong opponents, winning the WD title is expected, so do ZJW/YW, no need to be shock. They are still be splitting, i guess, YW still will be pair with ZTT. :(

12. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Dont think he will still spilt the pair. He is just being the normal self, talking rubbish to save face. No strong opponent? Maybe he expect them to beat GeFei/GuJun 1st :p

13. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

yeah i don't think so too .. didn't he say before the tournament, Zhang Jiewen was supposed to be paired again with yang wei because of the wrong combination with zhao tingting ??

14. mikefly

mikefly Regular Member

Programmer
    Does LYB meant, ZhangYaWen/WTT(seed 1), and Gao Lin/HSui (seed 2) are not a strong pair? What a confuse statement? Then which pair is the stronger pair in China team now?

15. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    The stronger pair, is Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen, that's who. Zhang Jiewen was so sharp this World Championships, she is the best WD player for the tournament in my book. And Yang Wei really looked much happier with Zhang Jiewen around.

Gao Ling might be tired played XD and WD, but even in q-finals, she and Huang Sui had no business being extended by the ENG pair. It needed a red card (though possibly deserved) for Donna Kellogg to break the momentum in the 3rd game.

Zhang Yawen/Wei Yili are good, but still are not patient enough.

16. kennethkoc

kennethkoc Regular Member

email support agent
    Zhang Jiewen's Latest Blog:

World Championship has ended. I’m back in Beijing, finally. It had been very tiring. The 19th of August is the day I play in the World Championship finals with Yang Wei after five months we’ve split up. Honestly, I’ve never thought that this is a special day. Probably since I was too busy thinking of how I was to play this final match good to let my supporters and fans see a professional match. Somehow to me, any of the matches I play these days could be the last match I’ll play so I really hope to give those who like and support me a good memory of my matches. Winning and losing is no longer my first priority in a match. The most important thing for me now is to play a match happily and to enjoy the happiness it brings to everyone.
    As I remember, all of us were asked to fill in a form before this World Champs. One of the questions in it was “What is your aim and ambition in badminton?” My answer was “To enjoy the game.” At that moment, the girl who was giving out the papers was stunned with my answer; because all the others wrote their hopes of getting a gold medal or to remain undefeated and it was rather unbelievable for me to have written what I did. She asked me shockingly, “Is this your aim and ambition?” I answered her with full determination, “For me at this stage, it is.”
    Many of those who see me playing have been telling me that my expression while playing is different from last time. Actually, I can feel it myself. I think compare to the games before, I am more confident, more determined and I’m enjoying the game even more now. Remembering what Yang Wei told me last time, she said, “You are always playing every game for the audience. You are supposed to play it for yourself; not them.” I’m finally doing it now. Guess it’s a lot more enjoyable and pressure-free. Supposedly, it is very important to enjoy the process in one’s life. Many people do understand this saying, but how many of them can actually do it? When you’ve really did it, everything will be different, and you’ll feel a lot happier than before.
    I hope that all of you can also enjoy your lives like how I do, appreciate what you have now; and most of all- cherish the memories that your life gives you. As long as you take everything with a joyful heart, you will see that there are actually many interesting things around you. Perhaps you might be facing a great obstacle now, but you should know that not everyone will have to face it in their lives, and in another word, not everyone can get over with it. The most interesting thing in life is to continue challenging. Let’s all work together. I hope that all my friends and all those who like to see me playing will live everyday with an open and happy mind.
    I’ve been to Malaysia for quite a few days and I hadn’t been checking my blog lately because it is too costly to use the internet there. I was too busy unpacking my things yesterday since I’ve just arrived back so I came online today seeing I’m free now. Oh how touched I was to see the messages. Many of you have been supporting me, caring for me, cheering for me, inspiring me and visiting my blog to drop me a message. I even heard that there were people who cried the moment they saw Yang Wei and me winning the gold medal (that’s what my mum said).
    I would like to thank all of you sincerely. I will do my best; and for now when I still have the chance to play, I will try my best to play each and every game well, and bring everyone an enjoyable match. Wishing all those who support me all the best and be happy always!!

-- i really hope that this message by Zhang Jiewen inspire everyone. Imagine, she plays her game as if was her last and enjoy each moment of it.. How touching... =-) i really think that the World Championship is really meant for her. A good person always been blessed by God =-)

17. mikefly

mikefly Regular Member

Programmer
    ZJW/YW once again will play in India Open, I think YES, LYB just want to save face then only talked like tat, maybe LYB boss also think ZJW/YW should be together, gave LYB pressure.

18. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    LYB was just being himself, his public comments are meant to keep all his players on their toes. Even the most consistent ones like Lin Dan.

Of course, we don't know what's going to happen behind the scenes.

19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Great words..."play each game as if it was the last game played and enjoy the game", "play for yourself", "play your best"...of advice to us all and YKH and LCW.

20. mikefly

mikefly Regular Member

Programmer
    http://2008.qq.com/a/20070827/000077.htm

LYB decided to let YW and ZJW reunite, he admited that ZTT is not suit to pair with YW. YW and ZJW will be reunite to play coming games. Hope they will gather more point to make it qaulify to next year Olimpic.