Chinese Domination 'Sickening'

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by DaN_fAn, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    let me remind u again, graphically....

Attached Files:

2. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    LCW lost Chen jin ... so what :p :p,

3. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    wow, so many backlashes... :D

what do you mean?
    i'm not denying Indonesia's sucess in this WC. However, I said I would want to wait for a few more tournaments to confirm INA as a powerhouse again... one tournament, however big, dosen't mean anything... my opinion - don't shoot me!
    but KKK TBH will beat kido next time! must admit that kido's smashes are so cool!

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    20th Century, dude, 20th Century, not 1980s...

Wait Torres... that analysis was for the whole 20th century! Not the just the 1980s [which I admit was clearly dominated by China]. ;) And the 21st century results obviously should not be counted.

How can you say that since China did not participate in the 1960s and 1970s and they automatically was the dominant power in the 1960s and 1970s? Not fair. Besides the Chinese players in the 1960s and 1970s were mostly from Indonesia. Hou Jiajiang [sorry for the incorrect spelling], Tang Xianhu, Fang Kaixiang etc. were all from INA, by the way, in case people do not realize this... It was obvious which badminton powerhouse they came from...

As for the Thomas Cup after China participated, the results were:
    1982 China
    1984 Indonesia
    1986 China
    1988 China
    1990 China
    1992 Malaysia
    1994 Indonesia
    1996 Indonesia
    1998 Indonesia
    2000 Indonesia
    I do not need to disclose the results before 1982, because Indonesia and Malaysia/Malaya dominated big time before that... which is further proof that China did not dominate the 20th Century male category. :eek:

And it is obviously China's fault that they were isolated by the international community... Of course it was! Remember, Mao Zedong & co. was in charge and they did many things to the chagrin of the rest of the world.

The cultural revolution even sent people like Fang Kaixiang to the villages and not play badminton for several years etc. If this is not China's own fault [to have such bizzare country management at that time], then is it the fault of Indonesia, Denmark, and Malaysia etc.?!? Of course not. When Deng Xiaoping took over and changed China's attitude [to be more open and friendly], then obviously many countries became friendlier to them.

Hey, if anybody have the opinion that Fang, Tang, Hou, etc. can beat the Indonesian Thomas Cup team in the 1970s while these Chinese players did not even practice badminton at all [Coach Fang and Coach Tang told us this] for 2 years or so when they had to farm in the villages... well, that's just an opinion. No facts to back that up.

5. taufik-ist

it administrator
    @torres

collect some facts and write carefully before posting :)

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    The inability to break Chinese Domination is Sickening

Perhaps it is not Chinese Domination that is sickening but the inability of the other badminton powerhouses to defeat the Chinese that is sickening.

Must population size and race be the determining factors for success in badminton? Surely not, otherwise we would not have witnessed 'upsets' from time to time.

I think the gap between China and other countries is narrowing and this augers well for the future.

LazyBuddy likes this.
  7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Badminton has been dominated by only 7 to 8 countries, a very small club indeed. This is no good for the game's future. The direction for badminton is to get at least 50 countries up to an internationally accepted standard. Then and only then will it have a 'right-of-birth' right to be included in the Olympics permanently.
    This is precisely what the BWF Council is tasked with, in which they should not be working or seen to be working for member countries federations but solely and exclusively for the game of badminton. Yes, sometimes to the disapproval of some member countries federations. It is easy to be the head of a provincial or even national organization but it takes much more to work for the game globally.
    This is similar to how the Chinese now groom their future leaders, by putting them through graduate school first, then a low level job looking after the interest of a small select population, progessing to city head/mayor, provincial chief, different ministries, before taking on a more national responsibillity. The end product is one who knows all about competing interests, prioritizing, and thinking 'globally'. This is better than promoting an excellent fighting foot soldier to a commander-in-chief.

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    One BIG tournament does not mean anything?!? :eek: :eek: :eek: I think Lily-Nova and Kido-hendra would rather not win the first 7 Superseries tournaments this year and yet win the World Championships... :cool: That's my opinion... I can ask them when I see them, but I think they will support my view.

Would LCW trade his win in this year's Indonesian Open and Philippine Open for the World Championship? No? Ok. Good for him then... I would rather win the World Championship... ;)

9. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i'd rather win 7 SS this year than to win only 1 WC. More ranking points :D
    all I'm saying is that its still very early to conclude that Indonesia is back as a top elite badminton power-powerhouse...

10. taufik-ist

it administrator
    don't be jealous if your country is still below indonesia :p

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

This is laughable...u can ask LCW or KKK/TBH if he agrees with your assessment :cool:

Mind u that the next WC is only going to be held at 2009, which makes winning it this year all the more sweeter :D

12. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    There is only one WC and many Opens title each year to win...years down the road, who remember who win what Open...one reason to garner ranking points is to get a better draw and qualify for WC/OLY...the bragging right of WC, at least to win it once, should be highlight of a baddy player career, even though many claim WC is watered down being an annual event...only OLY title exceeds WC cos there is only chance in every 4 years to win it.
    MAS is one of top 5 baddy nations in the world, yet has never won an OLY/WC gold (the other top 4 nations all has WC/OLY gold winners, the 'desperation'/hunger to produce a WC and OLY champion, to be in the elite group is important. BAM put so much emphasis and resources towards WC07, if it is not important, why do it??

13. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Ranking points more important than winning the World Championships?

Ooo... I see... in your opinion: collecting a lot of ranking points mean more than the World Championship... Ok, that's your right to prioritize what's more important and what is less important. Of course, many shall disagree with your level of priorities...

In my experience, most fans, current and veteran players don't remember how many ranking points were collected by whom and when... but they remember who were the World Champions. The BIG titles leaves more legacy. :cool:

On whether it is too early or whether there is enough evidence that INA is one of the top powerhouse in badminton. For me, two INA "World Champion" pairs [a status that will last until 2009] are big indicators. Good enough for me. ;)

14. taufik-ist

it administrator
    Vching would say different if malaysia could win a title :)

15. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Exactly my opinion too, OneToughBirdie. World Championsip and Olympics are very very very important. vching disagrees with this. He wrote that ranking points are more important than the BIG prestigious tournaments. :confused:

16. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    :D:D..you are really unrealistic...no wonder MAS newspaper put : "Mas dreams, INA delivers"....only retarded ones that would think SS is worth more than WC......

Forget about the loss..MAS players need to do more friendly matches with INA players...will be benefit more to MAS,..this year...MAS refused to do so during sudirman cup....as MAS thought INA would not be good enough for warm up matches...I wont be surprised that MAS will look into INA now....

As a proof..MAS will send their 38 players to Gudang Garam challenge...
    I hope MAS will improve....it is good for badminton....

Honestly MAS and CHN have a better program for their long term projects..with all facilities and funds are ready...also MAS govt supports more badminton...INA government supports more soccer that has not scored any victories even in ASEAN region...shame to INA govt...!!

17. taufik-ist

it administrator
    every province (local) government in indonesia supports soccer club, they spent billions rupiahs/year taken from govt. budged (APBD).. :( :mad:

18. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Yah.. I really support the ideals of the some franly matches between MAS & INA... But will both of them field their top players.. I doubt so.. It happens in BATTAm if i was not mistaken.. MAS skip LCW/ WMC for the SC franly with INA.. REsults in INA oso "revenge" it on sending some 2nd field players.. It was an meaningless matches !:mad::mad:

19. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Thats right...it has to be sincere from both sides and looking forward to long term....I suspect there is not enough trust between MAS and INA too..

Thats very sad!!! it will help MAS and INA to play better.....

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    INA play soccer???? they wasted billions in soccer. INA should spend money on sports that they have a chance of olympic, canada do:p (ie, we spend nearly zero on badminton LOL)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.