Macau Open Day 3: 04/10

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by badMania, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    No...LYD/JJS has just lost to KKK/TBH in the quarter final..

2. funnymei89

funnymei89 Regular Member

oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wats the score???where u all get to see those scores?

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

LD wasted 8 match points against LCW in MO06? with LYB and all the CHN coaches at the side. What would you call LD? Greatest choker in badminton?Xing aiying has done well.She just needs more match experience. The TPE players have improved in the past year and will pose a challenge to any opponent. I'm happy for TPE. SIN has also improved;they just lost to better players this time. They'll do better next time.

Jessica likes this.
  4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I think something fishy is in the works...or your cooking is just simply awesome, err...I mean cooking with fish and you want to show off your culinary skills to Hauge...just innocent and friendly gesture I guess...except for those with dirty minds that may think differently...hehehe!!! LOL!!! :p:D;)

5. Tommy Susanto

Tommy Susanto Regular Member

Does that hurt?:D:D

6. Tommy Susanto

Talking you what?:p Who said what now?:D

7. Tommy Susanto

you can do better than that, swiffy:D Now that you have finally decided to live in the republic, for good?:p

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

for those who missed the Final of the Macau Open 2007 action, you may tune in to astro channel 811 to watch the delayed telecast....

#368 george@chongwei, Oct 11, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

JOEL & KHUYEN WIN THEIR ‘COLOURS’

Wednesday, 17 Oct 2007
    [​IMG]The recently concluded Macau Grand Prix Gold was a great success. For a nation as small and fairly inexperienced in the ways of organizing high profile tournaments, Macau can give itself a pat-on-the-back for a job well done. Of course, much of any organizational success is due to various inputs – player participation, spectator response, sponsor involvement, media exposure and discipline. Macau was fortunate that most things fell in place to ensure a smoothly run tournament and everyone returned home quite content.

The reward for the success must surely go to an efficient organizing committee. After just one year’s experience of playing host to a GP Gold, the Macau BA under the leadership of Kong Tat Choi ensured that the lessons leant last year were not cast to the waste-bin. The end result was a presentation that won high praise from everyone, notably Karen Koh, the chief operating officer of Badminton Asia Confederation. “I was delighted at the manner the tournament was run and I extend the appreciation of my president and the EXCO to the president and council of the Macau BA.”[​IMG]

Much of Karen’s delight could be attributed to the outstanding ‘performance’ of her two ‘adoptees’ - Joel Mabborang of the Philippines and Nguyen Quang Kieu Khuyen of Vietnam. Joel and Khuyen were assigned as Match Controllers to the Macau GP Gold. This was their first assignment in that capacity and they came through with flying colours.

Mohan Dharan, Badminton World Federation referee who was in Macau to conduct an umpires’ course, was full of praise for the two youngsters. “I watched them at work. Considering that this was their first assignment, they did extremely well. I was very impressed. They understood their responsibility as Match Controllers and teamed up well to discharge their duties. Their commitment was absolute and I congratulate them for a job well done.”

[​IMG]Similar complements were expressed by technical and match officials who had the pleasant occasion of meet up with them. Maria Carvallo, a vice president of the Macau BA and a mainstay in the organizing success, was full of praise. “I was skeptical of course at the beginning because they were both new to this important responsibility. But once they got going - their teamwork, exuberance, energy and public relation was simply absorbing. I was very impressed and I thank them for playing an important role in making our tournament as success. The Philippines and Vietnam BAs can be proud of them.”

Indeed so, is the silent response from Karen who explained, “Both these boys are products of our development programme. Along with a third youngster, Samir from Nepal, Joel and Khuyen had spent some weeks at the BAC secretariat in Kuala Lumpur to familiarize themselves to the daily workings of an office as well as the more intricate and important responsibility of event management, the formalities of Rankings and Draw and the use of related IT software. These needed specialized training and they were able to gain much technical knowledge on them through hands-on exercises with BAC and BWF officials in Kuala Lumpur.”

Joel and Khuyen have passed their first ‘test’ with flying colours. And what happens now? “We are delighted at the turn of events in Macau,” they echoed together. “Of course we were nervous at the start. This was our first major assignment and we just could not fail. We believe the trust and faith we had in each other’s ability, was one of the winning formulas. We also thank the wonderful officials we were working with. They were so willing to share their experience with us. And of course, nothing of this would have been possible if our associations had not accepted BAC’s invitation for us to attend training sessions in Kuala Lumpur. That was really the turning point.”[​IMG]

Joel and Khuyen directed their final words at Karen. “We owe everything to Karen. She is our mentor. She has been kind, patient and tolerant, willing to spare time from her usually busy administrative duties to guide us and teach us. She is so very inspiring. In return we can only promise her that we will not disappoint her. We will continue to work hard and realize our cherished dream of being proficient in our area of responsibility. We aim to be the pride to our respective federations and the BAC.”

The BAC development programme to train young people to attain high proficiency has started off well with the likes of Joel, Khuyen and Samir setting the pace. Later in the year, it plans to invite personnel from three other member federations for similar training in Kuala Lumpur. This is an on-going programme to help strengthen the workings of the secretariat of members of the regional body.