KKK/TBH might split???????

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Inky2000, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

HH is a lousy player consistency-wise. almost everyone knows that. but KKK-TBH are on the right track now, so are LWW-CTF. and we are hoping that both pairs can continue on playing how they played in the Macau Open.

2. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

i know. i heard they have 3 training sessions in a day starting as early as 6.30 or 7.30am. i understand the commitment they show there and i respect it. but some people think that he parties a lot and is all big headed. i dont think that is completely true.

#182 llpjlau, Oct 7, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  3. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

KKK/TBH is the current MD pair who won most title of the year period, so do the comparison yrself.

4. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

and they are still working hard.

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I wonder who is these some people. Big headed.. who are they to say that he is big headed. Do they know KKK well? Maybe he does give an impression that he is arrogant,cold etc.. but he is not. If we dont know a person well we have no right to judge people and stake a claim that he is this he is that.
    Well that is people's perception. Can't blame them at all.
    M not saying KKK is a perfect person. He is also improving to be a better person. He is only like 22yrs old. Do we expect him to act like a 30yr old wise man? He is consider young. He have alot of things to learn. Don't we all do? Even an old man discover new things everyday.

6. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I agree when it comes to top level badminton, the difference between winning and losing is the mental aspect. And I rate our best medal hopes (gold) in LCW and LWW/CTF with KKK/TBH as the longshots. Why? Ok for LCW, I rate him up there with LD & Taufik, only issue is his mentality for the big events. LWW/CTF, despite their advanced age may still be able to wing it. They have the experience but again, a little suspect on the mental side as proven in yesterday's final where they choked big time. KKK/TBH.... hmmmm, lets wait and see in the Denmark Open.

The Olympics in Beijing next year is gonna be big. The crowd will be there , unlike yesterday's Macau Open. It will be a pressure cooker kinda environment unlike the 'walk in the park' yesterday. And the Chinese, Indonesians and all will all be going all out.

I m 23 (and you are?). I am Malaysian 100% and you dont have to be caucasian to speak decent English. You can be African, Indian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Nepalis or etc to speak decent English. I am educated in Malaysia 100%. I went to a chinese school first and then to a national sports school, so I can speak half decent mandarin as well. At home, we are pretty multi lingual from Bahasa, English, Mandarin, a little bit of Hokkien (with my grandparents) and Cantonese (from watching Hong Kong's movies).

I think going to a chinese school has done me a world of good. Because of that I understand and speak another language, have a more open outlook to life and I think I have a chinese mentality as well.

When I went to the national sports school, I must admit it was a honeymoon period (only those who attended chinese school would understand). I was easily the top student :D and I scored big time in maths (thanks to my chinese school headmistress!!). Anyway, it was basically football 80% and study 20% while I was there. But sadly, in Msia we dont have things set up like they do in the UK or else, I am pretty sure I be playing for one of the clubs in the Premier League or at worst the Championship (not boasting). How I wished I was born in UK!!!

7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Lets see then ...

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Why compare KKK/TBH domestically? Compare la with the world out there, if you aspire to be the top.

And the reality is that KKK/TBH is still unproven whether they can handle the big events. For example, in the WC in KL (home ground ok) they failed big time.

Now they win the MO. Ok good. Lets see in the Danish open and then the big one i.e. Olympics in Beijing.

9. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Are you still playing soccer ? What's the highest level , state ? country or just school ? Ever thought of playing soccer in the states, might get US citizenship like some of the badminton players.:D

10. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    few people realised this.menang salah kalah pun salah....
    what ever it is,i think kkk is the one who determined whether hes on the top or not.and other people(i mean the fans)dont have any power to do this.
    they can talk and talk but the man whos in the court is kkk.
    so ignoring for what these people say,kkk have all his loyal fans' support .no matter what happen.
    so other kkk fans ,keep supporting kkk in the court and defending him in this forum.u have us,kkk.

11. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Lol... this is a good one "menang salah kalan pun salah" :D
    Its a pity some just dont know how to appreciate their efforts...

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Its football not soccer

Soccer is for girls. :rolleyes:
    Now, I play socially for fun. Gave up the game competitively 2 years ago. Highest level? Ok, I represented the national juniors U21 in the Tigers Cup held in Indonesia & Singapore in 2002 (played 1.5 games - was injured :mad:)and then the Pre Olympic in 2003 (played 3 games only - broke arm).

It was fun while it lasted. And no, have no intentions of pursuing football as a career. Maybe when I reach 50years old and made enough money, I would like to open a football school in my kampung for kids ;).

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Ok la ... bring out the marching band, dish out those State awards, get those politicians moving and lets fete KKK/TBH our Macau Open champions!!

Malaysia Boleh!

Good week for Malaysia Boleh la. Our Spaceflight Participant aka Space Tourist ... opppps , I mean Astronaut or Angkasawan is going to space. Our badminton heroes KKK/TBh just took home the prestigious Macau Open and are looking good for the Olympic next year. Malaysia semua pun boleh jadi punya!

14. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Someone forgot to tell Beckam that he is playing in the ladies league. Sorry things didn't work out with football but its noble of you to give back to the game. Best wishes to your endeavour.:)

15. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    OLY is an unpredictable event, often defies logic as less known player won in the past OLYs...playing at home sounds like home court advantage but you are correct, the intensity, pressure and the tremendous expectations from 1.3 billion folks and CHN first OLY are not easy to handle...let's see the draw before you even guess who has the best chance to win.

16. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    With LCW, TH and LD at parity, the gap is so close that whoever has the mental edge on game day and which 2 of the trio are in the same half may effect the winner, except past OLY winners tend to be lesser known players...OLY is big time event, you are correct, no walk in the park, occuring once every 4 years we can expect every player aiming for a win cos there may not be a second chance whereas losing one SS, there is another one coming up....

I am double your age, my son is 24, older than you...and I could retire in 3.5 yrs time but probably go for 8.5 yrs. I don't mean to say you need to be caucasian to master english well, I know lots of malaysian friends who write/speak excellent english but very few at your age group. I compare you to my nephews at your age in MAS, your english is very good compared to them, and with you educated in the chinese medium, I guess transition to english later and 100% in MAS, that is quite remarkable.

You did better than me, I am a ex-MAS chinese who can write/read/speak english and ahem! broken bahasa, speak fluent cantonese, and some bits/pieces of mandarin (from talking to my older siblings who are chinese educated and also from romantic :crying:eek:ld chinese movies) and lately, starting to pick up some Hokkien words from my wife (I have to if I want to retire in MAS, her family speaks only Hokkien, mama-mia!!!).

I understand what you mean "honeymoon period"...I had ex-classmates who came from chinese school with solid math and science foundation...but they struggle when it came to english and bahasa, whereas your english is very good. That throws me off as I look at your age and kinda wonder how your english can be so good and your posts so well written.

As for your soccer aspiration, sorry to hear it did not work out...I have posted before that I admire all people who invested time and chose sport as a career to make their nation and their countrymen proud...I do not have that gift nor talent, even if I have it, I doubt I would follow through with a sport career filled with uncertainty and abuse, instead of something more tangible and easier to achieve like a professional engineer who can have an occasional wine, beer and cheeseburger and sleeping late with no curfews.

Nice to talk to you, god bless!;)

17. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Lost In Translation

Er, where is this thread going? :confused:

18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Birdie, add VChing in the list- he's only 17 years old. Pemuda's English is ok-lah, though from his posts I know he's not above 30, the maturity will show (Don't get angry Pemuda, just my observation)

In Malaysia, language wise, if one is so-called 'English-educated', dubbed banana person like me(Chinese Malaysian who can't read and write in Chinese), our English is quite ok. Some of my friends can articulate well at 18, esp Urasians or those who speak English at home.

19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Actually, Rexy mentioned it before in the press, not specifically the word 'big headed', Words like 'show-off','arrogant' have been used and after that people picked up on it. Rexy keeps saying he hopes KKK/TBH wont get too big-headed - first after KKK/TBH won AG, then after they won AE and again in the Star after KKK/TBH beat Kido/Setiawan in Macau Open semis.

UNLESS - Rexy purposely says it to make opposing countries think Msian MD in chaos, using the media as a strategy, has been done and can be done. Then the opposing countries would be caught off guard. If I'm the coach I would use the media to my advantage.

20. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    yeah..
    i think i have to agree.we have use 3 pages just to debate with Pemuda.
    BCppl VS pemuda.
    Sorry Pemuda,i think its ur right to declare ur opinions but this continous argument will bring implications to all of us.
    first,we debate about kkk then about language?Whose english is better?
    lets move to another topic,can we?
    I hope there's one of us who can make this clear and ended this argument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.