World Junior Championship 2007

Discussion in 'World Junior Championships 2007' started by champion8, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Adi Pratama is from Jaya Raya. Always a Jaya Raya kid... And I just heard that Khrisabella-Reni were chosen by PBSI as INA's other Girl's Doubles... due to some strength-rating system...

2. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    Wow, I reckon the Indonesian women will be favourites if there's a women team event. With Pia, Febby and Febe , they should get at least 2 points from anyone (China included) and then there's the asian junior women double champions as well.

3. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

I knew Adi Pratama is from Jaya Raya,
    Maybe some reporter confused about club initial, Jaya Raya (JAR) Djarum (DJM) and they thought JAR is Jarum.
    Or following the current trend a lot of Jaya Raya's players moved to Djarum, from the twin Rintan/Dara Aprilia, Lili Siswanti, Khrisabella, M. Ahsan and Rendra Wijaya.

As my prediction Khrisabella/Reni Rosi were chosen as 2nd GD, this mean Richi will paired again with Debby Susanto. Hopefully they win like in Asian Junior Championships.

Any info about Boy's Single, any addition ?

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Jaya Raya's code is always JRJ... He he he. The reporter cannot distinguish eh? Inexperienced...

5. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I think INA girls deserve to be in the semifinals... But to be champ... mmm... difficult... :eek::p The Korean and Malaysian girls are good too... And against China... er... maybe the score can be 2-3 in favor of CHN... :eek:

6. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

China is likely to meet Msia in the semi and Indonesia is likely to meet Korea in the Semi. China is the clear favourite for the team event title though Korea or Indonesia could give them a fight.

7. rwchen

rwchen Regular Member

I think these four teams are close in terms of strength. Malaysia defeated China 3-0 in the Asian Junior last July and I think China vs Malaysia is a toss-up, the match can go either way. China should have the egde in GS and GD whereas Malaysia looks stronger in XD/BD. BS between Chen Long and Arif may be the deciding tie.
    I would not write off Japan as they upset Korea in the Asian Junior.They are expected to face China in the quarterfinal and they have an outside chance of taking the match if Tago Kenichi and Fujii Mizuki claim victories in BS and GS and upset China in one of the doubles.

8. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

i think Fuiji is overage for this tournament but they have a strong LS in Suzuki who can play single and double but still the chinese looks stronger. I think China still have the edge as they are always better prepare at the world junior than the asian junior.

9. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I'm quite surprised with KLRC being the main sponsor of this tournament....

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    As long as it gives more $$$ for badminton... ;) $$$ is always welcomed...

11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

and to contribute to sport....very much welcome..for the good of the sport..:D:D:D

12. blessing

blessing Regular Member

i noticed that KLRC kept on sponsoring badminton events held in new zealand.. do u guys notice that too?

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

TEAM INA's possible combination against KOR:
    Men's Singles: Arif Nandang Saputra -- unlikely to win
    Men's Doubles: Wifqi Windarto/Afiat Yuris Wirawan -- possible to get point
    Women's Singles: either Pia Zebadiah or Maria Febe -- must get point
    Women's Doubles: Richi Puspita Dili/Debby Susanto -- must get point
    Mixed Doubles: either Wifqi or Afiat/Richi Puspita Dili -- possible to get point

14. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    You should be proud if you are a players of KLRC ;)

15. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Err :cool: What's the KOREAN lines-up then :confused::confused:

16. event

event Regular Member

No word from the Korean team yet. Most of the Korean juniors are fairly inconsistent. Even within their own teams, the pecking order is so hard to determine. Bae Youn-joo will likely be the choice for singles as she has been the least inconsistent. Although she lost in the R32 in Germany, she did reach the semi-finals last year in Incheon and the QF in Kuala Lumpur. She also won silver in the Cheers Satellite and today she took gold in the high school division of the Korea Games. The two 16-year-olds, Sung Ji-hyun and Aum Hye-won, have created some upsets this year but mostly within their own team, as when Aum beat Choi Hana and Sung beat Bae in Germany. Aum lost in Germany to Aprilia Yuswandari.

Shin Baek-cheol won gold in singles in the Korea Games today but with his success in KL in mixed doubles and his erratic performances in singles (gold in Germany, 1st round exit in KL), he will likely be passed over. Interestingly, Park Sung-min, silver-medallist in Germany, was not chosen to represent Incheon in the Korea Games. The honour went rather to his teammate, Kim Sa-rang. Kim is the one who lost to Tago Kenichi in the KL team competition. Both Kim and Shin lost in the first round in KL while Park and Lee Dong-geun made it to the R16. Kim is having trouble in this week's competition, losing twice to the same unknown player. Either Park or Kim will likely have to go head-to-head with Shin in tomorrow's team final.

In the doubles, look for similarities to the KL lineup. Kim Ki-jung did well in Incheon last year and his pairing with Jung Eui-seok will likely continue. Lee Jung-hwan and Lee Dong-geun might pair up with one of them, too. Kim Da-jung played doubles in KL but he was forced to retire from a match today so he may be injured.

Yoo Hyun-young will likely do double-doubles-duty again, playing with Shin in mixed and either Lee Se-rang or Jung Kyung-eun in girls' doubles.

17. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

what about the Malaysian line up? Wll there be any changes. Heard Lydia still injured.

18. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Thanks for the info.. What happened to Park Sung Min, If i not mistaken this guy did create a couple of upsets before.. :cool:

19. event

event Regular Member

I wouldn't say anything happened to him. For Incheon, they had a choice between Park and Kim and Kim had done better in domestic tournaments recently. He won a nation-wide tournament in June where Park finished 3rd and then he lost to Park in the final of another one in July. The key may be that, back in June, Park lost to Shin Baek-cheol one day and then Kim beat Shin the next day. Because only one player could represent the city in this week's tournament, they might have trusted Kim to have the best chance of knocking off the favourite, Shin. Park is undefeated in team play this week and he is almost certainly going to Auckland to represent the country. He has been at every tournament to which Korean Juniors have been sent this year. He lost 23-25 in his third game against Takeshita Riichi in KL. He was second in Germany. He beat Vountus and then lost to Chong Wei Feng 25-27 in their third game in Vietnam.

20. event

event Regular Member

This isn't an officially announced team, but these 15 juniors are going for a 7-day training session starting tomorrow.
    Boys:
    Jung Eui-seok
    Shin Baek-cheol
    Kim Sa-rang
    Kim Ki-jung
    Kim Ki-eung
    Park Sung-min
    Choi Young-woo
    Kang Ji-wook
    Girls:
    Yoo Hyung-young
    Bae Youn-joo
    Choi Hye-in
    Jung Kyung-eun
    Aum Hye-won
    Sung Ji-hyun
    Lee Se-rang
    Notable omissions for the boys are Lee Dong-geun, Lee Jung-hwan, and Kim Da-jung, all of whom played in KL. For the girls, Jang Ye-na(won GD in Germany), Choi Hana(played in Germany and KL), and Ju Eun-ae(played in KL). Back in for the boys are Kim Ki-jung, who won bronze in Incheon, and Kim Ki-eung, who won bronze in BS in Germany. Also, the two names in green are middle school students. They played the Asian U-16s this year and Kang won a gold and a bronze while Choi reached the QF in all 3 events. Choi and Kang might not be going to Auckland. There were no 15-year-olds on the Korean team last year.