No live telecast on Starhub Singapore?

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by Sealman, Sep 13, 2007.

1. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Thanks for the info. I think $32 is kinda steep (EPL only $25) but nevertheless, the experience to enjoy the badm game is PRICELESS :p:D

2. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

No, there's no need to pay extra for badminton. Badminton fans pay more than enough. Cricket is different. Badminton is the most popular sport after soccer, probably a close second, in Singapore. The problem is SCV is too ignorant or refuse to recognise that fact,hence its' sports schedule for ch 21 and 22 reflects sheer complacency.
    But look how your complaints have got them working. The first reply promised delayed telecast. The latest reply indicated 'live' telecast. Wow, your complaints (and your subscription termination possibly) are more effective than mine.Thanks and keep giving them feedback.
    Anyway, I have a couple more points to add to Linus' draft after some more research. In the meantime, pls add your names (and your buddies' names , with their support ,of course) to Linus' list. The more names behind Linus, the more his letter will have clout.Can you imagine the impact when he has 100 names? I'm targetting to get 20 names behind him by this Sunday.Do your bit , ok? Thanks for being responsive.

3. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Just to update all that I have now 84 names. I will send the letter tomorrow.

Past experience that the editor will usually publish letters in a few days time, as long as the content is not questionable or there is no important local or international issues that dominate the headlines and discussions.

I will be travelling overseas for a few days, hopefully by the time I return the letter is published and Starhub would have replied openly.

4. MSHSBadmPlayer

MSHSBadmPlayer Regular Member

and now, no (live) telecast on macau open 2007 :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

5. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Well done Linus. Your letter was featured in the ST online forum.

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST+Forum/Online+Story/STIStory_164275.html

6. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Yes, I was a little disspointed when ST chose to put the letter on the on-line version rather than print version.

Although it still get published, the impact of it not on the printed version is considerable less for StarHub to respond publicly their stand. You will notice other sports supporters are now piggy-backing asking for more times on arm-wrestling, chess, sepak takraw etc... sigh! :eek:

Well, I know I tried. Will see how it goes. Good luck all other Singaporean members!

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Linus, give yourself a credit..at least you do something about it....Bravo! may be next time when you complain, they will feature in printed version...good job! eventhough I will not have starhub...love your passion and spirit on badminton...

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Can you do a favour because I don't have the IT skills to do it? Pls forward Linus letter to StarhubCV s customer service for their attention. Let's see what's their response to you.(maybe a month later but they will reply because they have to)

9. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    pjswift, i have emailed Starhub and informed them of the online letter. However i doubt they will respond at all.

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Thks for helping. They definitely have to reply to you.It'll be interesting to see their reply to 84 names.

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well everything starts from someone initiating some action. I think 84 names is nothing. But keep sending, it may work. Good luck.

12. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Starhum has replied my letter online

Ok, Starhub has finally replied my letter on ST online version. I have attached the relevant part here for easy reference. For full text of the reply go here:

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST+Forum/Online+Story/STIStory_165466.html

Although she is not very forthcoming on the live telecast, she did promised the final of the SS Final in Dec will be live. I hope this is the begaining of more to come in 2008 (finger crossed!).

13. Temasek Green

Temasek Green Regular Member

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

15. Noridayu

Noridayu Regular Member

Childcare Teacher
    Dear Linus

Dear Linus,

I always call starhub to inform them why there is no live coverage for badminton. I always complain to starhub as I cannot see the match live. Even during the delayed telecast, they usually cut it short or the match is not shown due to the having live matches on.My complaint fell into the deaf ears.
    Thank You.
    Ayu

16. Noridayu

Noridayu Regular Member

Childcare Teacher
    Dear Linus

Dear Linus,

I am supporting you as my name is Miss Noridayu.
    Thank you.
    Ayu