Winner Prediction for 2007 Denmark Open

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by kennethkoc, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Ben L.

Ben L. Regular Member

Agreed!

Just because KKK/TBH won the last tournament doesn't mean they will win on the next tournament. It has been proven time and over time not only with MAS players but also with other players. It is difficult to do that even for LD. And for MAS to win 3 titles? Not a chance.

Personally, I believe LD, TH, LCW have the same chance of winning this tourney. The same goes for KKK/TBH, Cai/Fu, and MK/HS. China has more chance on the rest of the titles, with INA has a slight advantage on XD. But upsets might happen and the tourney could take a totally different turn. Who ever predicted Tine R. would win JO?

I see so many predictions on MAS, but that's just because there are more people from MAS here. As usual, they are the most talkative and loudest fans. :eek: But when their players loose, they are the quietest ones. :eek::) I often admire China. They have the best players and more than 1 billions people, but they are the quietest. ;)

#61 Ben L., Oct 12, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  2. soleha

soleha Regular Member

student
    hahaha... I think it was true... including me..:D:D

3. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Majority of the BCers are from MAS and those who are the most "talkative" and "loudest" mostly are teenagers. On the other hand, CHN is considered a minority in this forum, so they are the "quietest".:rolleyes:

Btw, the misuse of loose reminds me of someone else in the forum. I hope u r not him who uses another ID. Common Mistakes

4. Ben L.

Ben L. Regular Member

Nope, Ben is my real name. Thanks for reminding me of my error. :eek:

5. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    it is because not many Chinese fans come to this forum, and because there are more Malaysians in this forum. If you want Chinese fanatism, go to the Chinese forums....

6. Ben L.

Ben L. Regular Member

I don't think there are less Chinese citizens (either in China or living abroad) on this forum than the Malaysians. They are probably just guests without any posts. Why? Many reasons. Maybe they are just being humble, or shy or they just don't speak English well.

If you want to find general, "fair" and "balanced" opinions, you need to visit a diverse forum, like this one. The Chinese forums will have Chinese fanatism, as well as the Malaysian forums will have Malaysian fanatism. Only on this diverse forum can we see the attitude of all fans.

7. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Is a slow week, nothing much going on so we have to find something to talk about :D
    For those who understand Chinese and interested about the relationship between Lee Chong Wei and few of Chinese players, read this articles from Sina
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2007-10-11/09053219382.shtml

8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Is it good or bad relationship ? Is there any 'love' relationship between him and a Chinese player ?:D

9. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    ya.. becos many china fans are more comfortable to discuss in their language (mandarin/cantonese).. hmm i remember http://www.badmintonrepublic.com in that badminton forum website i believe china fans will be the majority :D and indonesian may be none :eek:

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hey taufik, you never celebrate Hari Raya? remember to bungkus some chicken curry, ketupat and more for me ok?:D:p

11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Thanks for volunteering to help as an English language guide.Yes, some mistakes recur too often and it's a great idea to add them to Common Mistakes ,instead of limiting to 10.
    Let's hope BCFers realise and appreciate that this is an effortless way to improve English for free.

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Thanks, Han.I only recognise the picture.I've just started my Mandarin course but it's going to take me 2 years to read and understand it. How about ,in a slow week,let's have CHN news with computerised translations? (and Robin7 will clean up the translation accordingly)
    I remember kevin used to do that. It'll be great if you can too.

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Just heard ZN is injured in Beijing now.....so she may withdraw from coming Danish Open...if so..my prediction on WS may be correct...:rolleyes:

Hope she able to recover for Danish Open...;):p

14. kevinboy

kevinboy Regular Member

And here is the computerised translation;) PS: Li Zhongwei= Lee Chongwei
    I have made some corrections. Hope this will be better. Anyway, robin will help us. lol

Sultry Blatter Stadium in Kuala Lumpur, Lee Chongwei face Sony last to shoot the ball sharp, reluctantly shaking his head, and then quickly pack their good package, the first sitting in a butt of lagging behind in the stadium and let the coaches Bela next to speak in what and then proceeded to laptop brain, fell to Drilling the players lounge, many reporters will be thrown in a mixed press area ...

This is one eighth of this year, world championships men's singles competition after scene, the host of Lee Chongwei Indonesia's Sony did not withstand the sharp offensive, going so far as 0 to 2 in the quarter were blocked outside. Long after Lee Chongwei before going out lounge, in the face of the non-stop blinking flash, the very slow speed, he said: "I hope that through the media, to apologize to the audience, the performance today I do not have the support of all shape and proportional to the performance of very bad, I really disappointing. I admit that my pressure is too great, then, I think I need to learn to better control their own. "

This boy's feeble Penang

Like championships, after Lee Chongwei lose not bow to the Federation of the phrase, with a towel covering his head, sitting in a modest corner. But even win, to the character he is still this pair of facial expressions, like China Masters, defeated Taufik in the quarter final, his face not too much joy, just quietly sitting with a big towel and cover the forehead full of sweat.

Indeed, Lee Chongwei practitioner must also thin, he always rickets in the body, free of vision, both before after, either win or lose, he always looks like this one to find out, how can one not like the world's top badminton players, but it is such a body the only 1.72 meters high big boys, in his thin body you and there are powerful forces.

Lee Chongwei native of Fujian Province, grandparents from Fujian then south for their livelihood, rooted in Malaysia from the second largest city of Penang. Lee Chongwei a sister has two brothers, as a home smallest children, the delicious fun always return all his, but he no longer always the sub. In order to allow some of their long high, Lee Chongwei obsessed with basketball, but my mother to see her son every day in a black Stadium sun, ordered his future not be allowed to stop playing basketball.

One day, like playing badminton with Lee Chongwei father frequented the Arena to play themselves, Lee Chongwei curious to pick up the racket several Hui, the coaches see this side of 11-year-old boy Although somewhat, but the physical coordination higher than the average child a big cut, then raised hopes for the followers to Lee Chongwei and let him every day after school to practice. here. Although very happy father, but he really did not have time to a day school, a coach, boldly said: "rest assured it, to me well, as long as you send him up every day, I hear he guarantee security exercising send the ball home." Therefore, Lee Chongwei began formal learning badminton. After learning that the ball will become stronger more Unexpectedly think, so many years past, he still had not attract much attention and feeble build the appearance.

Although the 11-year-old began contacts badminton, but Lee Chongwei sports talent quickly emerged from the Arena to badminton professional schools, from the state team (equivalent to China's provincial team) and then to the national team, Lee Chongwei only spent six years time. In Malaysia in 1999 won the national championship one stroke after 17-year-old Lee Chongwei finally throwing Wales uniform.

2000 World was placing high hopes Lee Chongwei lost in the semifinals of the Indonesian star Sony, finished third. At that time, Malaysia's men's singles "Columbia" is 15-6, the only coach Lee Chongwei as a "technical comprehensive and promising future" to the new culture until 2004 in the Chinese Taipei Open, Li Zongwei to get their first Open champion. With their first champion Lee Chongwei stand in the Athens Olympic Games arena, but rather immature 16 of his game into 8 lost to Chen Hong, he said that the first Olympic trip did not regret their own, after all, when poor or too much.

After the Games, Lee Chongwei ushered in the cause of the turnaround, his coach from the national team move him into this replaced by Bela Li Mao. But such a coach of great significance to the process, Lee Chongwei not willingly accepted: "It has always been the physical training Bela me very helpful, but Lee to a spear, are running less, I really do not trust him." But half a year later, Lee Chongwei before the footwork and network technology there was a clear increase, the results have gradually increased, not only for the third consecutive year won the Malaysia Open champion, early in 2006, his world ranking is up to the first, so at the speed of his own also did not expect.

Talking about his success, Lee Chongwei very much agree with all of his hard training evaluation, subsequently also very humbly said he still has 50% because of the talent: "Compared to other people, I studied the ball is very late, only 10 will be able to reach the world's top level, is really not easy."

Of course, this is not easy not only rely on natural talent. On weekdays the training, Lee Chongwei each training course must appear for five shirts, playing 500 ball, and each appear training courses, he also carried out a half-hour to one hour of boring muscle tension and relaxation, he smiled and said: "Up to now this level, and maintain is the most important, I the already poor physical condition, If we do not work hard, you How could I have always regarded it as a very strong opponent. "

There will be a peak trough, and the key is how to face

When Lee Chongwei get the leading role in the world badminton men's singles after he began a period of staggering along the downhill path. In September 2006 in Madrid, Lee Chongwei world championships in the quarter-finals lost to Bao Chunlai and then into the cause of the downturn period, after a year's time, he did not meddle in any tournament champion.

On the eve of the Doha Asian Games, Lee Chongwei unfortunate that the accident, a lot of blood flow to his head, the final stitches to 6-pin, then Road scar is still clearly visible. Misfortunes never come singly is that from the Asian Games''will be followed by a general from his players to the world's mentor Li Mao also left him, his coach and replaced by Carlo this. He himself said: "I can when the first in the world, this proves that I have the strength, injuries, the coach told me just for a test, I will walk past." With this strong belief, Lee Chongwei more input in training, and also Bela with the growing understanding of his speed and offensive above plus a qualitative leap.

Participants in Lee Chongwei out of the second leg of super's Indonesia Open, before he set for himself the goal of simply enter the semi, but he has a way to reach the finals, and in the final beat Bao Chunlai, easily won the 2007 championship first. In the ensuing Sudirman Cup group stage, he also beat Lin Dan, once again become the focus of media chase. Although the loss to Malaysia championships domestic resurgence of his suspicions, but Lee Chongwei himself said that the hidden murderous Lee Chongwei has returned. As for the outside world once again criticizing, experienced peak bottom in Lee Chongwei see very short, he said that no such win or lose, as long as fighting a fouled just as long as their health.

Wei Yili and Bao Chunlai are Lee's good friends, Wong Mew Choo is a "good friend"

The mother tongue is Chinese Lee Chongwei in the Chinese team have many good friends, is the first in the World 2000 on the acquaintance of Bao Chunlai. Because of similar age, personality similarity, Lee Chongwei and Bao Chunlai so many years have always maintained contact, or even often have Malaysia "Powell fan," Lee Chongwei entrusted to the UT in the game with some letters and gifts. Although the market is the opponent, but they have two people in the game often eat together while chatting, Bao Chunlai will praised Lee Chongwei "good people", Lee Chongwei will return to the same sentence, "he knew."

In fact, Lee Chongwei and the Chinese team members familiar with not only because of competition, more importantly, it is because he's another identity - between China and Malaysia "Erdaofanzi." In fact, before each competition, the Chinese team members will send text messages or Internet message to Li Zongwei, entrusted his band do some local Malaysian badminton accessories. Chengdu, China Masters, Lee Chongwei gave Wei Yili of the necklace with a few of the cool, and as the host, Wei Yili also help Lee Chongwei to get a Chengdu local phone card. Also invited him to take a hot pot.

The Lee Chongwei good doubt in the Malaysian team also has many good friends, ancient Jian Jie, Kuan Beng Hong of his good buddies, but still everyone is more concerned about his teammates Wong Mew Choo and the feelings. Although Lee Congwei never admit them to the media between lovers, but his remarks or leakage of secrets: "In fact, we have fairly good friends, Malaysia journalists often ask me this question, but I are all good friends. Said." In China Masters, the surface the poor lost feeling Mew Choo Wong, Lee Chongwei he grabbed their towels on the other side before Dangling, also said a few words in the Malay language, have also cried Mew Choo Wong suddenly beam with smiles.

For future life, Lee Chongwei not considered too much, he said that after the Beijing Olympics may be retired, and perhaps also a few years, when the results and see their mentality. As for the Olympics, he still did not consider too much, Malaysia BAM has not set goals for him, he just said that as long as their own to. He is now the only comparison is identified, retired, they will do business, have a simple, comfortable life.

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Thanks, kevinboy.I do enjoy the computerised translation which is just hilarious! So Bela is Mao and Carlo is Misbun..hmmm..
    Please include the Mandarin version as well so robin7 can do justice and I can improve my word recognition effortlessly.
    Is there any write up for JO07?

16. taufik-ist

it administrator
  17. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

maybe Lin dan is the winner for MS but my feeling says that Chen Jin wlil be the runner-up

18. kevinboy

kevinboy Regular Member

Summary for JO
    Lot's of errors in this passage. Please be patient and take a look first.:D

Yesterday is the end of Japan badminton tournament, which is called "small world championship". In order to bid for the 2008 Olympic points, including the Chinese team are top of the world, absolute majority of the team out. However, the Chinese team only Yang Wei / Zhang JW and Gao Ling / Zheng Bo won the gold medal women's doubles and mixed doubles. Men's singles only one person entered the semi-final, and XXF inability to stop the attack of Denmark's Rasmussen, the men's doubles are out in early rounds , these series of embarrassing scenes, shows the Chinese team for the Olympic Games in the road, there are many needs attention.

China Women's singles Zhang Ning and Xie Xingfang for many years relied on the major game sweep, having originally worried that the Chinese team, and in the world championships reaped by the final young woman Zhu Lin. Unexpectedly just three men external These cadres of the Chinese team, in the Japan Open women's singles connect suffered defeat. First, Zhu Lin defeated by the player of the Hong Kong, China Yip Pui Yin, in 16-round. Zhang Ning was unable to resist Rasmussen's offensive. But in yesterday's Women's singles final, Xie Xingfang is 15 to 21 and 17 to 21 defeated, originally confined to the second-tier success of the top players Rasmussen.

For themselves after defeating China's Jiang Yan Jiao, Zhang Ning, Xie Xingfang and LU Lan and won the state Rasmussen feel good to unbelievable, "may be my surpass give them some anxious, Xie Xingfang also formed on the psychological pressure." This is the only access she can think the reasons for the victory.

Compared with the Women's singles, China's men's singles players more to minimize confusion, since the 2006 Singapore Open, the first time in China Open men's singles No shortlisted finals. Bao Chunlai, Chen Hong lost the first round, Chen Yu lost to Hong Kong's Chan Yan Kit. Lin Dan is defeated by Li Zongwei, the Chinese team in the final two largest rival Li Zongwei Tawfik and between.

Strength and close to the Li Zongwei Taufik duo in the competition for the extremely fierce, especially in the game have had numerous war-tied, 20 - to seize the opportunity after Li Zongwei even in the two and a ratio of 20 to 22 win. The second Tawfik tenaciously to 21 than 19 difficult 24 shots. To match the competition Li Zongwei 21 19 difficult than winning. This played a decisive most tellingly, the Chinese men's singles is also under a war book, Taufik knife and Lizongwei potential return, let Lin Dan greater pressure.

The Chinese team is the only women's doubles also have the advantage of the project, in the final Yang Wei / Zhang JW and ZTT / Yu Yang between results with the re-Yang Wei / Zhang JW 0 to 2 won easily defeated opponent, the Chinese women's doubles also arranged a 4-all seats. Mixed doubles "go it alone" Zheng Bo / Gao Ling pressure light, since the 8 remaining strong Chinese team after their one pair of players, Zheng Bo gradually mature circumstances, the success of two consecutive entries in the finals 15-3 victory over defending champion, Indonesia's Nova / Nuoxier.

19. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

Lin Dan, xie xingfang, kkk/tbh, yw/zjw, nova/lilyana

20. taufik-ist

it administrator
    another die hard china fan of indonesia :D :D :p

another 'neutral' fan of indonesia :D :D :p

#80 taufik-ist, Oct 13, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2007