Denmark Super Series 2007: Day 3, Round 2

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by yeeloon928, Oct 24, 2007.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Hehe...u still remember eh :D

Indeed, I was rooting for AG/Joko to win the Phil Open (lost to Albertus Susanto Njoto/Yohan Wiratama Hadikusumo), Bitburger Open (lost to Michal Logosz/Robert Mateusiak), then the Dutch Open (lost to Rian Sukmawan/Eng Hian).....speechless.....

2. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Speechless too.. Tomorrow I hajar them!! Hahahaha! Kidding.
    Maybe they should seriously change partner.. Try Devin again eh??? Remember last time when Kido and Sigit P. bullied Joko??? Then he partnered Devin for one week.. Damn funny!!!

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Devin Lahardi (24, one year younger than Hendra) could be a good partner. Joko Riyadi still has a future since he's only 22. But Hendra A. Gunawan, really doubtful :cool: He's looking more like Anggun Nugroho, who's now probably going out of Pelatnas.

With Lingga Lie partnering Fernando Kurniawan and Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan look like they are being prepared to step up after the Olympics, Devin/Joko could be tried out after the Olympics. One alternative is to switch Hendra A.G. to the mixed doubles where he can probably last for another 3 years.

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    Sorry for bothering....but does anyone know the match fixture for the QF?

5. TH_4_President

TH_4_President Regular Member

it's all in tournamentsoftware.com..

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    Really? Will it be shown after all the matches are finished?

7. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Check it out here.

Note: Nothing shown means they haven't updated it yet.

8. TH_4_President

TH_4_President Regular Member

my preds for INA players in QF

XD:
    Flandy/Vita
    vs He Hanbin/Yu Yang..Flavi shall prevail as they have passed the most dangerous momment at 1st round..frankly speaking, I would say this pair is the only INA hope as biggets possibility contender for the DEN tourney champ

MS:

-SS vs LD..wow..:eek::eek:..I would be dancing all the nite..if simon upset Lin Dan..as I said, would be the biggest upset of the year :rolleyes::cool:

-
    SDK vs LCW..i hope for Sony, but seems LCW is on his form..40:60 for Sony..as LCW will phase to the next round..:eek:
    well, not yet happen that INA lost MS players at semis, but realistically, that's the map after Mr.President (TH) lost to BCL :crying:..

MD:

-Markis/Hendra vs Rian/Yoke.. a tough test for Markis/Hendra :mad: as they will face reigning Dutch open champ from Djarum..it will be test as well whether players within pelatnas are better than clubs, but based on their consistency, eventhough this is 50:50 game, i would put my hope on Markis/Hendra :):p

#1088 TH_4_President, Oct 25, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Headlines

Santoso knuste Gades drøm

Gade: Santoso dominerede mig

Hurtig exit for Rasmussen

Jonassen videre til kvartfinalen

Jonassen spændt på dansker-møde

:D

source: Kunsport.dk

10. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    2 INA MD pair in MD QF..zzzzz..... Again, i wish QUALITY OVER QUANTITY for today ....

#1090 samuel882, Oct 25, 2007
  11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A few side comments..

Only noticed 2 upsets from Day 3's actions:
    PG loss in straight sets to SS and Rian & Yoke's hard fought victory over Luluk & Alvent..It's looking more and more like it's going to be a LinDan vs. LCW MS Finals..:p
    ..who needs REV-PSY??:p..Both LCW and KKK & TBH advance to the next round w/straight sets wins..and all w/out the REV-PSY..:p;)
    ..if i remember correctly, David Pohan came to the 2004 edition of the U.S. Open along w/ Angie De Pauw, Halim Haryanto, Haryanto Arbi and a few others....I recall him a pretty young guy..And i believe David Pohan has a brother living here in the L.A. area (who is also very good in baddy)..:cool:
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=5944
    Hmm, which makes me wonder, did the current Djarum boss/CEO, Mr. Victor Hartono, come along also during that trip??..Was that him??..If so, then i remember him..:cool:
    ..yannie, it's okay:p...But i thought you saw them play before (in the Copenhagen Masters) last yr??..Tell them to come to the Copenhagen Masters again later this yr., and you should see them play..;):cool:

#1091 ctjcad, Oct 25, 2007
  12. yannie

yannie Regular Member

I'm pretty sure Joko/Hendra will come to Copenhagen Masters this year.. Oops, I heard this from someone.. Cuz Markis/Hendra and Alvent/Luluk will be too tired for CPH Masters as they're going to Asian Games right before...

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I'm pretty sure..

..our yannie will cheer for Rian & Yoke tomorrow when they play against Kido & Setiawan...okay, maybe not outwardly, but inside her heart, she will be pulling for Ri-Yo..;):cool:..
    ..yannie, Asian Games was last yr (Dec.)...You meant the SEA Games later this yr??..;)

#1093 ctjcad, Oct 25, 2007
  14. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Yeah that someone told me Asian Games, then I got confused.. I mean Sea Games.. Yup.

Ha??? No Chris, I would say: May the best win.. :)

15. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Tough for you to choose yan....:rolleyes:. All INA players ;)

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

very surprise that Local favourites peter gade lost to SS....

17. george@chongwei

but i`m very happy bcoz KKK/TBH safely through to the next round...

18. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    what does that mean ??????? :D

19. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

his younger brother is Jimmy Pohan who ever play in US.

20. george@chongwei

from badzine.....

DENMARK OPEN – Bao stings, Taufik bows

[​IMG]Once again as in the semi-final of the Indonesia Open, Bao Chunlai beat Taufik Hidayat, this time in three games, depriving the Indonesian of a good run in one of the tournaments at which he’s not usually at ease. Indonesia, however, can still celebrate with their two other shuttlers making it to the quarter-finals, Sony Dwi Kuncoro beating Taufik Aqbar and Simon Santoso getting rid of local hero Peter Gade.

Raphael Sachetat, Photos, live from Odense : Badmintonphoto

Taufik Hidayat seems to be cursed in Denmark. If he usually takes it lightly when he plays the Copenhagen Masters – an invitational tournament – he has never really shone in the latest editions of the Denmark Open. And the 2007 edition will be no exception as the Indonesian jewel bowed as early as the second round to China’s Bao Chunlai, just as he did in the semi-final of his home event earlier this year.
    After a close call and a win in the first game 21-19, Taufik bowed in the last two 6-21, 15-21, obviously lacking stamina against the tall Chinese, who, oddly enough, was kicked off of the Olympics dummy list after the publication of the latest world ranking. But his good run in Odense might see him get back in the top 4. Especially after Peter Gade (photo below), now standing in the top 3, has been beaten by Santoso in the biggest upset in the men’s singles draw so far. The Dane didn’t play well enough to beat in-form Santoso, who came away with a 21-17, 21-18 victory.

Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei, the top two seeds, had rather smooth runs and also qualified for the quarter-finals, while Denmark's Kenneth Jonassen and Joachim Persson will fight for a spot in the last four on Friday. The youngster, promoted from the qualifying, beat Hafiz Hashim in straight games 21-15, 21-17. Chen Jin on his side will take on Bao for a spot in the semi-final.

[​IMG]
    In the ladies singles, all eight remaining shuttlers are originally from Mainland China, with 4 current, and 4 former Chinese national team members, which once again shows how overwhelming the Chinese supremacy is. Last month’s hero Tine Rasmussen bowed to Xu Huaiwen in straight games, and Pi Hongyan saved two match points before beating Asian Games silver medalist Yip Pui Yin of Hong Kong in three hard-fought games. Had the latter won, Hong Kong would have had 3 representatives in the last eight, as both Wang Chen and Zhou Mi qualified as well. Zhou will meet former compatriot Zhang Ning on Friday and could beat the top seed as Zhang has experienced a lot of problems beating Sara Persson of Sweden in the first round, then Kaori Mori in the second, showing she's quite far from her peak form.

Apart from the win from Sukmawan/Dasuki over Alven and Luluk, none of the top seeds failed to make it to the last eight of the men’s doubles, just as in the ladies doubles, where all favorites advanced to the next round. In the mixed, Europe will be well represented, with two Danish pairs and two English pairs left in the draw. Jens Eriksen and Helle Nielsen will take on Denmark’s Club opponents Robertson and Emms in one of the local highlights of the day.