KKK-TBH 6th title of the year, congratulations!

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by little_bird, Oct 28, 2007.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

As stated in other similar threads about Hafiz, Hafiz is with the club Nusa Mahsuri, not BAM. So, technically he's wasting the club's $$$, not taxpayers money. I agree though he's wasting other resources - Misbun's time and sweat as coach, all the sports science staff, etc.
    In the same vein, many have critizied Kuan Beng Hong, for the years he's under BAM havent produced any significant results.

BAM should consider upgrading the juniors -Tan CS, Chan KB and groom them to take over from LCW.

2. Lingguat

Lingguat Regular Member

Consultant
    I am absolutely agree with you eaglehelang. They should perform otherwise hantar balik kampung tanam padi lah. Shortage of man power in that sector.

3. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    This place sounds more like Chow Kit day by day. :)

4. eaglehelang

LOL, padi is not lucrative nowadays, maybe tanam kelapa sawit.

That's why the other BCers said there should be another 'Rexy' who dare to take risks in MS. If the juniors are not given more exposure than what is currently, they might get discouraged.

Relating it to MD, TBH said in an interviews (after winning AE) that he saw players from other countries who are the same age as him playing with the big boys at International Level.
    While he being the senior squad only sparring partner, he felt like giving up. I think TBH was refering to the time he was still partnering HoonTH. The seniors had a go at team events, as the youngest pair, like reserve pair (TBH didn't say that, just my observation)
    Thank goodness Rexy gave him opportunities to see action.

5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Kinda agree and also disagree. TCS, CKB are sent to play internationally but they are still 'short'. Sometimes you need to coddle them a bit before you let them lose -- KBH was one where he was thrown into the pool and he did not know how to swim fast enough. He has never recovered from his fear. Obviously, LCW was special, he had a strong desire to succeed.

BAM has always said TCS, CKB will have their tournaments to go to, e.g. the satellite tournaments (VO, MO, PO, etc.) and they have stuck to their guns. TCS is slowly gaining confidence and it may be the right pace/timing for him. JUst because there is a crisis (lack of top players) does not mean we can send TCS, CKB into action immediately. We must be patient and of course, there is pain in being patient.

6. eaglehelang

That's was Razif's answer when they wanted to upgrade TCS. Read my post on TBH being discouraged. He was only 19 and he felt left out. KKK is only 22, he was 18 when upgraded to senior squad.
    TanWK/WoonKW were grateful to Rexy for letting them play in major events, they said it improved their game up a notch. Both are only 18.

TCS is already 21. Chan KB is 20. Young players from other countries are exposed in their teens at SS level. Is it different for MS than MD or XD?

7. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    6th title will be gud for them..
    next they need to take the JO title,which the lost it last year!
    i really want to see koo/tan take back every SS,Gold GP & BWF event titles!
    maybe not all in a time, but can took every title once,atleast..

8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Like I say I am not really sure whether to sent the young guys (as you pointed out it worked before) or not (after what happened to KBH).

I guess the senior guys are 'hogging the space' if they don't perform. And I believe the ultimatum has been given to senior players that they will not be sent for tournaments if they don't perform. I always believe the time would come when Hafiz would feel like he should not go if he keeps losing early (I hope he calls into his inner strength to pull himself up).

And we cannot say WCH is passed it either because he still gets around but in his case, he already said he will retire after the Olympics. And if it is true Hafiz is not paid out of BAM, then he can continue to be around if KLRC is sponsoring.

Anyway, TCS, CKB will definitely be thrown into the 'cauldron' next year. I hope they will get up like LCW.

9. eaglehelang

1) How did you find out about TCS,CKB? Cos Yap KH said there won't be additions to senior squad till after Beijing Olympics.

2) WCH should definitely be in, he's a good example of fighting spirit
    3) Hafiz is with Nusa Mahsuri(run by Jailani Sidek) like his older bro. BAM wanted to have serious discussion with his club on how to improve his game. Yeah true, he'll still be around if his club keeps him. He's only 25.

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    Am I too late to congratulate them? Anyways, CONGRATULATIONS KKK/TBH!!! Keep on improving and achieving greater heights.All the best to them in the coming tournaments.Let their success be an inspiration and motivation for other MAS pairs to work harder in order to achieve their goals.

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I don't know -- I am guessing that would be the case coz their ages are about right to start them in the seniors else they would not hang around for long. Doing satellite tournaments are only half fun, pretty sure they want SS tournaments. BAM should know this. Don't think YKH knows everything that is going to happen, and if something goes wrong with LCW, it might even be faster.

If I were TCS or CKB, I would enjoy for now coz tomorrow could come too soon.

12. eaglehelang

Ha, ha, ha. The juniors in general don't seem to think that way- from what they say in the media. They only have limited number of years to make it in sports. They're eagerly waiting in the ranks to join in, so glad they get to spar with LCW in training. And fired up after getting a chance to play in SEA Games.
    Can't imagine what would have happened if TBH had gotten fed up of waiting and opted out.

13. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Its due, give the juniors a chance ! What does BAM has to loose ? Let the juniors spar and train with the seniors. Time is now to groom future champions, be pro-active instead of waiting for the seniors to turn around. After Olympic 2008, give the junior program to WCH or hire another established foreign coach. Overhaul the program !!!!!!

14. damouse

damouse Regular Member

Certainly congratulations to KKK/TBH for at least trying to maintain consistency...I think they are the first Malaysian pair/player in a LONG time to go into a tournament ranked world #1 and managed to win the title of the said tournament. From memory, most of our players flopped in the next tourney after being ranked world #1.

However, I still think they need to develop their personal relationship more so that they can have a better partnership on court. Was watching the final match and Kien Keat wasn't happy at all at Boon Heong when he conceded a point to the Danish pair at the rubber, at 20-11.

I saw Chong Mong/Kien Keat playing in Commonwealth Games 06 in Melbourne and they definitely have a much much better personal rapport. They're always smiling and joking with each other and perhaps Chong Ming was a more patient senior to Kien Keat compared to Kien Keat to Boon Heong...

I guess I am disappointed that I never saw them exchanging hugs after a win - only a high five. Even winning the All England, they didn't hug each other, which makes me think out of the court, they're probably not very good friends. That's kind of sad when I remember Kien Keat and Chong Ming hugging each other so cheerfully after the Commonwealth win. :(

Ah well. Really hope they can develop their friendship off court, I believe that will take them to even greater heights on court.

15. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    That's actually a very good point. It's not very much practiced in BAM forsome reason. Seniors set up are not helping their juniors enough. Actually it could be a very mutual gain but i suppose some ppl.........

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

WCH should make a good coach - he knows the ropes as well as anyone. I have a strong feeling he would be given his strong interest in badminton.

17. eaglehelang

In the case of TanCS, ChanKB and a few other juniors, they are already doing that. They spar with LCW and Hafiz cos all of them train under Misbun.
    MD-juniors and seniors spar with each other regularly.
    WS and WD - No idea how the setup goes.

Currently, due to lack of space, the seniors and juniors train at different venues,so, except for Misbun's charges,they have to put it in the schedule for junior(national back-up players, not BJSS) to spar with senior.

18. bcmmgr

bcmmgr Regular Member

Note : (all media is wrong, this is the 5th time KKK/TBH beat the denmark pair).

1. Japan Open 2006
    2. All England 2007
    3. Swiss 2007
    4. Sudirman 2007
    5. Denmark 2007

19. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Nth wrong with that, i think KKK is trying to tell TBH keep his focus in closing the game. He actually thanked TBH for supporting him throughout the match when he is not playing well, I felt he actually appreciate the partnership more now.

20. spchu

spchu Regular Member

But I can argue it's not normal for 2 Malaysian men to hug in public. :):):)
    and in our culture even(most) fathers dont hug their sons anymore...:):):)