French Open 2007 - Day 3 - Nov 1st

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by chemile, Oct 31, 2007.

1. chemile

chemile Regular Member

My prediction for Indonesian players:

MS:
    Taufik Hidayat vs Wacha..... slightly edge for TH. However, his performance recently in bearish. After reach 3 finals in a row, I think Wacha has chance to be a winner

Simon Santoso vs Lee Chong Wei... hard to predict since Simon also show good progress and quite stable. Experience will talk, and LCW has the edge. SS may get the opportunity if LCW mental weakness come.

WD:
    Jiang Yanmei/Li Yujia vs Endang/Rani... Endang/Rani still cannot prove as the 1st WD from Indonesia (based on their rank). They could not pass through QF in 3 last tournaments. I think Singaporean will take this match.

Jo Novita/Greysia vs Gail Emms/Donna Kellog... Greysia is not back to her best perform after injured, but Donna Kellog recently also not show her good performance. Hard to predict, but I choose Jo/Greysia since they also have motivate to chase the OG points.

Lilyana/Vita vs Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen.... 2nd matches in a row. Look performance of Butet yesterday, and they also easy lost in Denmark Open last week, I think Lilyana/Vita must all out and have extra energy to win this match, since they are also play for XD.

MD:
    Hendra/Joko vs Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmusen... Hendra/Joko are not lucky in few tournaments. They always met top pairs in preliminary rounds. However, look the performance, I think they can manage LP/JR

Guo Zhendong/Xie Xiongbo vs Luluk/Alvent..... Tough match. LH/AY usually show surprise performance when they not predict to win, but also make some shock when they lost from low rank pair. GZ/XX more stable.

Markis Hendra vs Michael Logosz/Mautesiak.... MK/HS show stable performance and deserve as top MD pairs, even always lost from KKK/TBH. Tough match, but slightly edge to win this match and go through SF to meet KKK/TBH.

XD:
    Gao LIng/Zheng Bo vs Devin/Lita.... Hmmm, this is 1st performance of GL/ZB after champion in JO. No chance for Devin/Lita to pass through next round, unless have a miracle.

Jenny/Kristian vs Vita/Flandy.... Vita look exhausted since must play in 2 sectors. I hope that she can manage her physic since both players are not young. However, the experience from both willbring them to QF.

Lilyana/Nova vs Kim Jun Min/Yeong Seong Yoo.... Lilyana/Nova suppose to be has no problem with this match. However, look Lilyana performance, also Nova, I little bit worry. Beside, they always get a trouble when facing new pairs, mainly from Korea or China...

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Whoah..^^..

..our chemile doing an impersonation of our badMania..With her own rendition of the INA squad's chances..:);):cool:

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

French Open Day 3: 11/01

MEN'S SINGLES
    Taufik Hidayat
    vs Przemyslaw Wacha -- a tricky match and Taufik can very well lose to Wacha if he adopts the same attitude towards lesser opponents :cool:

Simon Santoso vs Lee Chong Wei -- on paper, Lee should take it, but, Simon has scalped a few top players recently and he could perhaps win again?

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen or Tadashi Ohtsuka/Keita Masuda vs Hendra A. Gunawan/Joko Riyadi -- AG/Joko have an advantage of more rest as the R32 MD match between the DEN and JAP pairs have yet to end as of now as it's going to the rubber-set :cool: Can they progress to the QF? If the JAP pair progresses, I think AG/Joko can beat them, however, if Paaske/Rasmussen take it eventually, they still have the edge over the INA pair. So, I leave my prediction blank here.

Guo Zhendong/Xie Zhongbo vs Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto -- a tough match in prospect for Luluk/Alvent and with the Chinese pair improving, I can't see a win for Luluk/Alvent.

Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan vs Michal Logosz/Robert Mateusiak -- a tricky match, but, Kido/Hendra should progress to the QF where Choong/Lee are likely to await them for another explosive match.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Jiang Yanmei/Li Yujia
    vs Rani Mundiasti/Endang Nursugianti -- end of the road for Rani/Endang.

Jo Novita/Greysia Polii vs Gail Emms/Donna Kellogg -- it will be a bonus if Jo/Greysia can beat the ENG pair.

Vita Marissa/Lilyana Natsir vs Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen -- the CHN pair should reign supreme yet again.

MIXED DOUBLES
    Zheng Bo/Gao Ling
    vs Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita -- not much is expected of Devin/Lita. Just enjoy the experience....

Kristian Roebuck/Jenny Wallwork vs Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa -- the upcoming ENG pair should trouble Flandy/Vita yet again. So, the INA pair better be careful :cool:

Kim Min Jung/Yoo Yeon Seong vs Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir -- the INA pair survived a tough match yesterday, and it will be an equally tricky one today. They should win though :cool:

4. chemile

chemile Regular Member

:) yeah... but no problem kan.... I think too long if I must predict all matches, and badmania give me the idea....as far as not copycat :p

5. yannie

yannie Regular Member

errr.. merge the 2 threads????

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Another whoah..^^

..and not to be outdone, our badMania opened up his own preview of French Open - Day 3 thread..:p:D;)

7. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Haha... There is a double thread by chemile& badmania concurrently . lolz.. BTW, why the "tournament days" thread 1st post were always started for INA players huh...

8. chemile

chemile Regular Member

badmania, we made same thread and same prediction in the same time.. I probably must move my posting to here :) sorry

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Really???..

...hmm, never noticed that...maybe because a lot of the INA players are usually playing & are not........................eliminated, yet???..:p:rolleyes::);)

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Again, our sammie boy is quick to write his opinion without even looking at the fact. FYI, we DO NOT ALWAYS START the thread :rolleyes:

French SS Day 3: badMania and chemile
    French SS Day 2: vching
    French SS Day 1: oyl928

Denmark SS Day 6: sumbadder
    Denmark SS Day 5: Loopy
    Denmark SS Day 4: badMania
    Denmark SS Day 3: yeeloon928
    Denmark SS Day 2: robin7
    Denmark SS Day 1: badMania

We INA fans only start 3 threads compared to our dear MAS fans :cool:

11. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Who Concurred here ? :confused: lolz

#11 samuel882, Oct 31, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I simply pointed out your mistake dude....better think first before u write :cool:

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

The only..

..difference i notice is the way the date was written in the thread title..badMania-U.S./Western format and chemile-Asia/non-U.S./Eastern format..:p:);)

#13 ctjcad, Oct 31, 2007
  14. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Please go back & check how many thread was started by yourself on the tournament days' thread before you make such conclusion.
    ALWAYS doesn't meant 100 %
    And my friend, Loopy's thread was not started for the MAS Players , read carefully

Denmark Super Series 2007: Day 3, Round 2 Thread
    1st posted by Yeelon, who is promoting his Blogs and follow by.. TH_4_President (You know his is INA or MAS fans, don't you?)
    Denmark Super Series 2007: Day 6 (Finals)
    Sumbadder is a MAS fans too :confused:

From the list you've provided, only vching & robin7 looks likely were the one who started it for the MAS Players

#14 samuel882, Oct 31, 2007
  15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Okay, okay...

...everyone here share the same spotlight lah:cool:....samuel882 probably was just kidding in his initial post, nothing serious lah...:p..let's move on, guys..:):cool:

#15 ctjcad, Oct 31, 2007
  16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Off to Guangzhou now for the weekend.....:D

17. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

some debate goin on?? hahahah... let's talk bout FO instead! cheers!

18. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Cool.. Enjoy ur weekend ;)

19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Simon vs LCW --- LCW packs too many guns for Simon. I know Simon has been doing very well but I always say LCW is in the elite class (only LD is in the same class; maybe also Taufik, who has not shown a lot lately).

20. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

It was good to see Hafiz playing with huge enthusiasm. He needs to play hard -- it is the only way to get back to the top.