French Open 2007 - Day 3 - Nov 1st

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by chemile, Oct 31, 2007.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Sorry,who was lost to TH in last week DEN SS? I think Simon lost to LD with straight set at quarterfinal.

2. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    injuries come and go, and you shouldn't doubt and insult Chong Wei's integrity.

agree

3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Simon has shown his consistency by entering quater final, at least in last few tournaments...I hope that he continues doing so...INA needs more players like Simon as we can not depend on TH all the time....we need them to step up to elite level...

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I wish we have someone like Simon in the Malaysian team to back up LCW, in case something happens to him.

5. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    yea, I thought Wong could back Lee up, but evidently he still can't. Hafiz used to be the one, but then he can only back Lee up when he is on the up side of the yoyo.

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

If indeed LCW's injury is worse than he's letting on, Simon stands a chance in upsetting him. Simon has scalped LCW before, injury or not, so what's to stop him again? For me, it's too close to call; I don't even dare PAW it.

7. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Do not underestimate Simon! He has defeated LCW this year if I am not mistake....... I think performance of Simon quite good recently, with only lost by top players and most of them are teammates. He only lost from LD and defeated Peter Gade, hence LCW must be careful.....

8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

You are stating the obvious. LCW knows better than to misjudge Simon.

Simon is bound to test LCW's knees by lobbing the shuttle a lot more.

9. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    Simon defeated Chong Wei in the Taipei Open i think...

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

SS defeated lee chong wei at the taiwan open...
    but this time LCW will revenge his lost against SS.:D
    I HOPE LCW will win this match.:)

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I will PAW on big points today....:D:D...this PAW thing is getting more interesting .....haiya...just PAW it...does not cost you any penny....:D:D...I just want to make sure that I have to beat you to be top 3....hehe...

12. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    injuries.

Just let us see what reason or explanation comes when he looses the next game. Not to look down or insulting to him. Let us hear it from him or his coach. I hope he wins the tournament. It'll be a startling result to beat the likes of LD if he was injured in the previous tournament. The logic says rest and recover well and not aggravating it. Do you continue to play even if its injured or pain? Do you know how tough a tournament is? Played it before?:D

13. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    of course i've played in tournaments before, but obviously not to the level of Chong Wei.

So how do you explain several other occurances where injured players or players in extreme pain still want to carry on? Michael Chang won the French Open like that; he had to be treated for cramps and was in great risk of injury, Sun Jun went on and continued playing a 2 hours game despite not being able to walk properly, when the only chance of him winning was hitting winners off Peter Rasmussen's serves in the 1997 world championships, Chen Hong in the semifinals of the 2001 and 2003 All England when he played a 1 hour plus marathon match against Roslin(2001, 2003) when he needed ice packs to sooth his legs? How do you explain why all these players decide to go on even though their pain in more than what Chong Wei was experiencing?

Your tone irks me.... so you think you are superior just because you played competitive badminton and won tournaments before?

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Haiya, I'm not even close to the top 3...
    Not even in the top 10...
    Barely in the top 20...

Guarantee you'll beat me, even without risky PAWs :D:D

15. extremenanopowe

injuries.

Well, again everyone has their views and opinions. I just don't think its a good example to show to the up coming kids who may be champions in the future. if they were to hear this and follow their role models and play a game while suffering injuries, then they may risk their future (we may loose our generations of champions) in playing the game correct? Do you think all these players knowing BEFORE that they are injured and yet go in and have a tough game, is a good thingy? What message are you trying to send? Die-die just play and hope for sympathy when you loose? Is this healthy? Hope this don't irks people.:D Do you still continue to play while injured and do you still have the confidence to win?

Some like to watch spirited people play while they are injured because they earn the sympathy, but in reality do you think its a good thing for the player in the long run? Then why have physio or doctors? Any doctors here?:D

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I think you are making huge assumptions that he cannot assess his own injuries, and that he has not consulted others on his injuries.

If it was career threatening, do you seriously think he will play? What you are saying or trying to insinuate is that he is not doing the right thing and you are a better judge here.

#56 X Ball, Oct 31, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  17. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i've never heard about players that had permanent injuries because they played on and decided not to withdraw. Its not setting a bad example, on the contrary, I believe that this sets a good example; the fighting spirit shown by these players to carry on although they were in pain should be emulated. Im not saying that people should purposely injure themselves to gain sympathy, but the willingness to fight is praiseworthy.

18. extremenanopowe

I rest my case... ur the best ardent LCW fan ever. Just think long term for the good of the players.

19. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    precisely. I am thinking about the long term for the good of the players- players now have it too easy, in the days of Zhao and Yang Yang, where all prize money was confiscated by the government. Nowadays, the players are driving Mercedes and BMWs, and do not know the fighting spirit on court...

20. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    dont say too much yet X Ball, giving pressure to LCW, later LCW lose.........:D:D:D:D:D

sure you are very happy now........me too.:p:p:p:p