youtube uproar!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Netasia, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Netasia

Netasia Regular Member

2. chgoh25

chgoh25 Regular Member

very rude... mocking the elderlys

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere

How disgusting... and to put it mildly, we can see how the old man was made to suffer and to be humiliated, and how the offenders have destroyed their own souls(if and when they could return to their senses).

We are reminded that injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Wow...

:eek:..i'm completely speechless!!:mad::p Are those guys drunk or what??:p And what irks me is esp. at the end when the older gentleman didn't get paid, while he asked each one of them for somekind of fee (even for SIN$10), only to be left high and dry and empty handed..:(:(..
    I'm interested to see what other S'poreans think about this, maybe our Loh can chime in??..:confused::p

5. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    That's pretty sick and disgusting.

6. Ramster

Ramster Regular Member

Student
    Wow...Funny how the dude on youtube didnt call this bullying....

7. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    I saw this making the headline on a local tabloid. I did not buy the paper but it said something like the son of the riskshaw rider iwas planning to sue or to the effect. Whoever read that may want to share?

8. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  9. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

1. the old dude was smoking, so naturally in addition of his old age he has marlboro (smoker's) lung
    2. there are 3 of them brits dude in 1 rickshaw. most rickshaw can fit 1 or two max.
    3. However, it just plain rude and incompasionate to not pay, espc when you're a tourist there.

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I had my first ride on a rickshaw in Penang a few decades back. But instead of being a passenger I became the rider and the rider became the passenger. For the privilege I paid a few times more than the going rate. I repeated this experience when I first moved to Hong Kong in 1977 at Hong Kong's famous Star Ferry. I think this is what riding a rickshaw should be today-strictly for the experience of being in the other fellow's shoes.
    It is hard to believe the scene as shown on youtube actually happened, and of all places Singapore. How could 3 grown men have the heart to make an old man a beast of burden? Do you know how difficult it is to carry 3 grown men? Begging for a fare the old man is owed and being refused at every turn by all the three passengers is humiliating. I would like to believe that this was just a 'put-up' show to shock Singaporeans to the plight of some of their forgotten souls who have been left behind. If it actually happened then it is unacceptable.

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

very poor old man:eek::(
    why should these B*****d do like that to the old man?:crying::mad:

#11 george@chongwei, Nov 1, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  12. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    to that three jokers;
    1. becareful while crossing streets
    2. take care if the weather is raining/thunderstorm
    3. need to check their children whether got buttock or not.....
    :mad::mad::mad:

13. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    LOL! These are the ancient Chinese curses!

14. kitseb

kitseb Regular Member

Consultant
    As a Brit myself, I am frequently disgusted by the behaviour of other Brits whilst on holiday. Normally people like that stick to cheap package holidays within Europe, as their brains are too small to comprehend travel further afield.

They obviously don't that have any respect for others, and don't care how ashamed other Brits are by their actions. I just wish these yobs would stay in the UK, because we are not all like that.

15. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    wana add something.........
    4. better make sure their wives/gfs are not alone when the postmen deliver the mails........:D:D:D:D:D

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I agree, not all Brits are like that. I hope the 3 guys are drunk or something.

17. maryanne

maryanne Regular Member

No matter where you look at this, it is simply unacceptable. It is not about good manners, etiquette nor intelligence. It is all about fiendish intentions.

Other issues can also crop up, as this happened in Singapore, of all Asian places, and the culprits were Brits. I do not think we have anything to worry about in this forum for people to generalize & take it against Brits in general, as we all seem to have a bit more global exposure than a typical man, but let us just hope this incident will not cause further rifts

Would really appreciate updates and developments regarding this matter

18. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    The topic's just been posted on RAWK (for those who don't know, its core is British) and most of the responses bar one had been of the same on here.

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Apologies from Bo and his friends

===============================
    I have already sent 2 apologies out on you tube. But I'll apologise again. As I don't think many people have seen it.

When I look back at the video it does look very bad. I offer my sincerest apologies to Mr Lee, his son & everyone that has been offended. It was very disrespectful and insensitive to make fun of an old man. If you knew us you'd realise that we are actually nice guys.

On that night we'd had a few beers (slightly drunk), and needed to get back to our hostel. So we began walking up the street looking for a taxi. The trishaw driver was waiting at the side of the road and suggested we take his taxi. At first we declined as we wanted an actual car, but he insisted we got in. I thought ok, I'd never been on one before and told him our destination. He said $10 which was fine.

After setting off I did start laughing, I was a little drunk and thought it was funny how slow we were going. I did actually ask the driver if I could peddle before we got the camera out.
    So after travelling hardly any of the distance agreed, I could see that it was stupid for us to continue and said we should get out. We'd only travelled around a quarter of the agreed distance so I at the time I thought $5 was reasonable. Bearing in mind that we'd just come from Thailand where drivers initially charge way over the odds and it's customary to haggle the price.

I don't know why Mr Lee is saying we didn't pay, when in the end we gave him the $10. I know I was laughing but I wouldn't dream of not paying for the ride! That would be unforgivable. The camera cuts out before we actually leave the trishaw but I can guarantee everyone that we paid the $10 before we left.

My upmost apologies again go out to Mr Lee and his son. If it were my dad with 3 young guys laughing at him, I'd want to find out who they were and speak my mind. But can I just confirm again that we did pay!

Best Regards
    Bo

Do u people accept it?:confused:

20. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I dont mind .. at least he say his apologies.