Th Vs Ld

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by xlasher, Nov 1, 2007.

1. woodenRacket

woodenRacket Regular Member

LD falls far behind 8:14, 14:20. all are expecting rubber set. but .... superdan comes back! winning 6 points in straight and devastated TH's confidence and superiority.
    Poor TH, he is becoming a history...

2. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Don't count TH out yet as he's not in his peak. For him to be as dominating as before, he has to regain his deadly smashes ... Like Haifz, Taufik just have to train very hard and realize the past success is not the guarantee of the future winning. Taufik should realize by now, he has only two options, quit or work harder as his current form will not win him any more big tournament. More drama to come before Olympic ...

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    I see this win as a revenge win over TH because if u remember how LD lost in the 06 AG at Doha where LD mis-timed and mis-paced his afterburner as he was also way behind on the 2nd set. Usually LD needed 3 sets to beat TH but this come back to win show that LD has supercede TH in both of the mental and physical department. TH fans often see (or wish) how taufik can do well in big event but dont recognize or appreciate how much potent reserve (skills and stamina) LD has behind his sleeve.

4. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

It's hard to judge whether TH can come back or not. After all he has been in the circuit for 10 years and suffered many injuries etc. Maybe he is really already worn out by now and will never be as lethal as before (just watched a TH - CH match in 2004 I bought from you, really really surprised by how hard he can smash back then, CH just cannot return those powerful smashes).

On the other hand, TH will be eligible for OG as long as he is not behind both Sony and Simon. Which is not a hard task if he attend every tournament. And he is doing exactly that recently. After May 01 next year he can pass all tournaments to concentrate on training his physique. So there is a possibility that TH can boost his stamina-speed-power substantially before OG 08. If LD thinks TH is already past-tense, he may pay dearly before 3 billion staring eyes.

5. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Once again, Lin Dan proved to the world that he is the true champion.
    Taufik Hidayat must have been very disappointed with his performance.
    Anyway, LD was just too good by taking 7 pts in a row twice in the 1st game, grabbing 6 consecutive pts and saving 4 game points in the 2nd game, to seal the match 21-14 22-20.

6. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

Taufik did play well today. However, I think his stamina is the problem. He also made a couple of wrong judgment thinking the shuttle is out. Taufik is known for his back hand smash but now he has come up with a new trick that appears to be a back hand smash but last minute it will be a back hand drop. He caught Lin Dan twice. The crowd loves Taufik.
    I must say that Lin Dan and his coach can always come up with a quick fix everytime there is a problem. Apparently, when Taufik was doing his almost perfect net shots, Lin Dan was always ready to do the counter-drop.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

3 sets or 2 sets??..

..hmm, i would assume you are referring to TH's chances vs. LinDan in the just ended QF matchup?? If so, then possibly.;)
    But if the notion is about Taufik having a chance to win in 3 sets over LinDan, or esp. against a top 10 MS opponent, i **highly doubt** his chances or "his little chance of upsetting LD in 3 sets". As a matter of fact, when was the last time or how often does Taufik win in 3 sets over a highly ranked opponent?; let alone win over LinDan in 3 sets?? And IIRC, Taufik's wins over LinDan were always decided in 2 straight sets. And once again, he proved to us that he still struggles winning over LinDan, even in 2 sets;)
    ..both are needed, but yes, the main factor in Singles play is always stamina/fitness..;):cool:
    ..(been waiting for cooler to chime in on this thread, which i'm sure he's been itching to sound off)..:);)
    As for LD having "potent reserve (in skills and stamina) ", i'm sure many of us/baddy fans/followers are well aware of that..;):cool:
    ..his stamina/fitness has always been his achilles heel, or at least, most of the time, even before his 2004 Olympic Gold~due to lack of training/conditioning..;)
    *appreciate, again, for sharing your first account point of view:cool:

#47 ctjcad, Nov 2, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  8. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Thanks for the summary!

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

TH, thanks for the memory:p

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

ya, i had to restraint my laughter when Indra wrote before the match that TH can beat LD in 2 or 3 sets, 'take your pick'. LOL

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Heh..

..cooler never ceases to tease, pinch & tickle the many Taufik fans in BC..hehe:p:D;)

12. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Taufik came quite close to winning in my opinion
    To be honest I think if it was the old scoring system LD would have been deprived from scoring
    Anyway ever since new scoring came in Taufik's game has always been shaky and unpredictable
    With his current form the chance of bagging gold in OG08 is slim.. hope that he will start training hard!

13. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    He was just reserved his energy for next year OG :p
    His main aim is to qualify for Beijing OG.
    by next year, he should more adopt to the NSS & able to challenge + surprise many ...

14. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Video?

Is it possible at all to have video for this game?

15. stucken

stucken Regular Member

I was at the match yesterday. I saw that they had a camera on the side of the court and i think also somewhere behind the court. It was a great experience to see such a matchup. It should have been a third set. He was well in front in the first and especially in the second set, but he made some bad plays at the end. At some times he played brilliantly. First point of the match: a net roller with LD at the net. Few points later fantastic backhand smash at the body and he scored lot of points with the backhand drop cross court and the overhead smash straight. Tactically Lin Dan played a better match. he got a lot of lifts to end the rally with a smash. TH was not dominant at the net as is necessary to win this match, but he is a delight to watch. He makes it look so easy. The french croud really loves him haha

16. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Don't be naive.. he seriously can't win with the way he is playing now
    He needs to give it all out like Asian Games 06, keep on attacking, his recent play is seriously terrible, especialy against Chen Jin it was totally not his style of play
    Anyway I realy hope he can win.. we shall see how it goes, afterall theres still a few tourny till OG08 :)

17. Kuan Ye

Kuan Ye Regular Member

How i wish i can watch TH play live...He makes it so easy...so relax. Luv him:)

18. rhinovinda

rhinovinda Regular Member

Scientist
    Did anybody observe, after beating TH, LD will certainly loose in the next match?.

19. ronnie14

ronnie14 Regular Member

wut an analysis..but yah,kinda true..

20. daniel2323

daniel2323 Regular Member

yaa agree.. but not only LD, i think anyone who just beat TH hv lost after then..

just like
    FO-07.....LD lost to bcl
    DO-07.....bcl lost to ld
    Wc07....anup lost to yoyo??
    phill-07...nguyen lost to CH
    china master...lcw lost to ld
    ina-07.......bcl lost to lcw
    MO-07....ld lost to psw.... :)