what happened to kien keat n boon heong

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by kkkfans, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    That's explains the whole thing. Even Roger Federer was beaten twice by David Nalbandian within 3 weeks. Nalbandian Beats Federer Again

2. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Nalby is 1 hell of a player! Gave me a big heartache for trashing Nadal in Madrid :crying::eek:

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

They have performed very well ....after wining 2 titles in a row....i m sure they will revenge the JAP pairs.......in coming tournament.....

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    They were dissapointed by the lost. It was close. And that lost was a 2nd lost to a Japanese team. Nothing against Japanese.. its just that it kinda remind them of the WC lost to whom its also a Japanese pair. They are ok about it.. and looking foward to go back to Malaysia. At least consolation for them is to buy cheap LVs to mend their broken heart.

#24 ants, Nov 3, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  5. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

I think Japan's style of play curse/clash with the style of play of KKK/TBH. Not many top pair in the world had beaten them..

6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

The same Jap pair who beat LWW/CTF in recent JO...so LWW/CTF will have to be carefull tonight....and to have revenge for their JO defeat and to revenge for MAS team......

7. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    omg Nalbandian beats Federer AGAIN???

8. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    did anyone here watch KKK-TBH play this morning?? how did they play, and lose?? well, at least they got the Denmark Open, the more prestigious one... hehe...

nearly choked when i saw that they lost to a Japanese pair again, but i knew that Keita and Tadashi were no pushovers... seen them, ad they were good...

9. ben95

ben95 Regular Member

studient
    I had the same feelings with MK. In the earlier round, HS was more attacking than him. It surprised me a lot. Hope he isn't injured.

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

And to cheer CTF/LWW in the match against the same Japanese pair. Hopefully the 2 veterans can rise up to the occasion.
    Hopefully, KKK/TBH can recover enuf and improve for next 2 SS.

11. Jinky

Jinky Regular Member

well...they just cant win all the time so they will be humble...

12. sweetlover

sweetlover Regular Member

STUDENT
    yup...
    i agree with u...!!!:)

13. stucken

stucken Regular Member

The match yesterday was fantastic. Both the MAS and JAP pair were enjoying the match yesterday. The MAS pair really are good all round but it wnet wrong after some controversy in the third set from the JAP pair. They argued that a shot that went via the top of the net didnt went over the net but stayed a t side of the MAS pair. I couldnt see if that was the case. But the service judge or the judge should have payed attention. The MAS pair did get the point but after that 5 min controversy they lost the match, so I think they were mentally not 100% because they lost almost every point after that. But masuda from japan really has a big smash. I can still hear that sound haha. Great match to watch for the fans

14. Natrificial

Natrificial Regular Member

Articling Student
    is this right?

if this article on badzine is to be believed:
    http://www.badzine.info/content/view/658/2/

it seems classless and unsporting on the part of TBH/KKK to see that a shuttle didn't cross the net... toss the bird back to the japanese and then keep their mouths shut when the ref makes a big mistake.

if thats true.. they dont deserve to win.. and they aren't any sort of heroes... what kind of olympic attitude is that? win by any means? this is not a line call where it could be both ways... if it didn't go over it didn't go over... its black and white... its unethical and dishonest... shameful

15. Small Fart

Small Fart New Member

I think most player will not confront the umpire for the mistake they've done on court. So can't really blame KKK-TBH for keeping quiet. It take lotsa guts to tell the umpire that his decision is wrong. Even the service judge dare not to say anything at all. Sometimes a great match can be spoilt by a silly mistake make by the umpire or the service and even the linesman.

16. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

The japanese played really well yesterday, i was so happy they won, they deserved it, Koo and Tan were just not fair play at all ... during one point, when keita smashed, the shuttle stuck onto the net, and went to Koo and tan's side. but the umpire didn't see it, so he thought it was a point for Koo and Tan, but all the crowd saw that, and moreover Koo and Tan clearly saw it .. and in France, fair play is something that has a big importance. SO the crowd expected koo and tan to say it to the umpire but they didn't ... then all the crowd were against' the malaysian. That's why for me the japanese deserved to win =)

#36 Syaoran_Style, Nov 3, 2007
  17. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

I beg to disagree with what you said. The umpire gave the point to the Malaysian. The umpire is the only person who controls the score. The Japanese protested and the crowd backed them up. Instead of rectifying his error, the umpire stood on his belief that shuttle went the other side. The Japanese pair even got a yellow card for complaining. The Malaysian never argued that the shuttle went the other side. They can't complain because they are not the aggrieved party. Unless they also want a yellow card. The crowd knew what happened and never blame it to the Malaysian pair. If a line judge made a wrong call, it can be reversed by the umpire. Now, the umpire made a clear error, can the players (any one of them) correct the umpire?
    As a matter of fact, the referee intervened but the umpire stood by what he imagined to have seen.:rolleyes:

18. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    too much M.night syamalan movie i suppose.......:D:D:D

19. flymordecai

flymordecai Regular Member

But it would have been good sportsmanship to at least acknowledge to the umpire that it really did fail to cross over. It's just a lack of class to not even admit to it. So you're saying it's ok to stay quiet because they benefitted from it?

The French saw that something wrong took place and cheered the Japanese on. It reminded me of watching the tough French crowd in the French Open (tennis) where they even sometimes boo players if they are showing bad sportsmanship.

20. Natrificial

Natrificial Regular Member

Articling Student
    Doesn't matter that KKK/TBH weren't the aggrieved parties... they should have politely asked the ref to give the point to the japanese because they clearly saw what happened and i'd bet my life that they won't be given a card for asking... that would have been the right and decent thing to do. If the ref still maintains his position even after the malaysians asked for the point to be given to the rightful team, then the ref is nuts and KKK/TBH can't be faulted.

For example:
    "the French Open a few years ago, when two Spaniards who were also friends faced each other in the finals. Neither had ever won a Grand Slam tournament. Carlos Moya won the first set and had broken Alex Corretja's serve once in the second. He was serving, however, and was behind in that game. Moya hit a powerful serve that was called out. If the call stood, it would have given Corretja the game and evened up the score. But Corretja overruled the linesman, giving the crucial point to Moya. The game went back to deuce and Moya eventually won. Steve was so impressed that he has rooted for Corretja whenever he plays.

In another case, Andre Agassi was playing in a major tournament and was scheduled to meet Pete Sampras in the final. Sampras, however, came down with food poisoning and could not get himself together before the time of the match. Agassi was told he had won by default. Instead, he suggested waiting to see if Sampras would feel good enough to play a little later. He did, they played the match, and Sampras won. This experience confirmed Steve's belief that both are great sportsmen and exemplary champions."

from: http://www.ethics.org/resources/articles-organizational-ethics.asp?aid=826

#40 Natrificial, Nov 3, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.