A Classic for LCW

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by ye333, Nov 3, 2007.

1. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

In the same sense as 90 AE is a classic for ZJH, 05 WC is a classic for TH.

2. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Since when does it become a classic without having to beat the likes of Taufik, Lin Dan... or someone similar??? This is the argument that usually comes from Samuel882.:p

Beating Chan of Hong Kong to get to the semi... :rolleyes: Part of a classic??? You don't mean it like the KFC's classic recipe now, do you?;)

Samuel882 used to say, in order to make it a REAL Championship... someone should face the likes of

1st round. someone like (simon, kenneth)
    2nd round. Peter Gade
    quarter finals. LCW
    Semi finals. Taufik
    finals. Lin Dan

3. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    It was really a classic play by LCW. I remembered how Yang Yang, Zhao Jian Hua played back in those days then.;)

4. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

You totally misunderstood. :eek: I mean it's a classic match for LCW. Just one match. "Classic" in the sense that it is a must for LCW fans to collect. Just like if you are a ZJH fan, you have to collect AE1990; If you are a TH fan, you have to buy a WC05 DVD. Understand now? :cool:

For LD, I cannot think of one... Maybe AE 06 beating LHI? AG06 is a great victory but LHI made too many simple errors for it to be worth collecting. :cool:

One more way to explain: in my opinion, a classic match for a player is a match that his/her fans could proudly show to other ppl, saying "see! that's how my hero is like when he/she plays his/her best! Total domination! Making world class opponents look like amateurs!"

#4 ye333, Nov 3, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  5. kungfukid

kungfukid Regular Member

I totally agree aith u ye333!! It was a fabulous diaplay by LCW today!!! I was watching the match with both my french frens, n they were so impressed by how LCW played. Chen jin was totally dominated by LCW throughout the whole match. I was waiting for a tough clash after seeing how Chen Jin defeated Peter Gade yesterday, but LCW was just incredible and flawless.

Btw, i was happy to see BCL defeated LD. Finally he did that. His smashes were sharp and it's nice to c him came out from the serie of losing to LD. Can't wait to c the final tomolo opposing BCL n LCW. Too bad can't c it at stadium tomolo.

6. MaLaYsIa Boleh!

MaLaYsIa Boleh! Regular Member

wait..
    which match do you mean?
    LCW vs CYK or LCW vs CJ?

7. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Of course CJ... Don't be too serious with Bananakid... :D

8. Konnichiwa

Konnichiwa Regular Member

Studente
    he hasnt even won the title yet what is everyone getting so excited about....of course he played well against CJ today but wait until after the title is won :D

9. woodenRacket

woodenRacket Regular Member

to beat a not-in-form CJ becomes a classic?
    how CJ lost in such a score is a big ? for me at least

10. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I agreed. Sorry to LCW fans, this wasn't suppose to be his classic match, He was not as his usual game. Smashed little, diving saves zero, only factor i can see from him which is better than before is his net game...

11. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Conspiracy between Yap Kim Hock and Li Yongbo? :D:D:D

12. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

Yeah, the master dictatorship in the World of Badminton.

13. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

The classic LCW is the match between him and TH at the JO... TH was i think, 90% fit then... the match was an amazing display of contrasting styles of the two players... well, it's worth the 1.5gb that i downloaded... :D :)

14. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    what's the difference then?? last nite LCW's match is a collector's item because he put on a classic play. same like ZJH's AE1990. more or less a compliment for LCW's extraordinary classic play.

15. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Just watched the video between my 2 favorite players and very impressed with the way LCW played...LCW played a calculating rally style similar to DO07 when he played Bao...CJ appeared to be off form and hurt but then there was not much CJ could do on this night when the birdie was obeying LCW every wishes leaving CJ shaking his head and smiling with amazement at the baddy lesson LCW gave him...LCW is very gifted and talented to be able to play a completely different style and still excel at a high level...whether LCW win or lose, this is baddy that I would pay to watch and while I am not sure 'classic' is a word I would use to describe this game but I certainly would put in my collector videos...the way LCW played reminds me of Tang Aik Huang but better, and that is from an old guy like me having seen TAH played lots of times live in MAS...TAH does not win often esp when playing Rudy but TAH matches were very technical and entertaining and filled with awes the way the birdie danced...one other thing I noticed was the absence of the air-filled plastic stuff used in Anaheim, MAS, etc...those stuff (whatever they are called) are irritating and the French organizer did the right thing not to hand out those stuff.

16. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

U mean the clappers? :D
    I like them, it brings on the atmosphere! Or maybe its just an asian thing? :p

17. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Yeah, the clappers, thank you. I was in Anaheim for WC05 with our group of 14 friends and the clappers were so noisy, obscuring our view and irritating as heck....as for Asian thingie, yeah maybe for you young generation type having fun but for oldies like us, we rather quietly concentrate on the matches...a tale of 2 generations, hehehe!!!:D:p;)

18. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    The French Audience din have the clappers.... But they were far from Quiet!!!
    Prolly one of the best badminton audience in the world to show on TV really how much fun you can have at a Baminton Match.

19. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    He he, then I'm the one in between the two generations, not too fond of clappers whatsoever, but definitely cannot enjoy the match with quiet concentration. Needs some spark like the ones legendary venues such as Stadium Negara and Istora Senayan can give, some twenty years ago.

20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1) There are a lot of Malaysians in this forum, so of course, much discussion on Malaysian players.

2) LCW has not dropped a game in this tourney although playing with injury.
    3) Due to injury, has changed style of play to ala Morten Frost AND interestingly, beat his opponents easier with this different style.

So, LCW fans will be thinking LCW's in top form, should be even better....