French Open 2007 - Day 6 - Nov 4th - Finals

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by robin7, Nov 3, 2007.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Yes..he did....

2. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    according to bulutangkis.com, Chen Jin asked to see his coach during the play and he told his coach that he was feeling the pain on his back...after consultation, he decided to continue playing...I guess now it explained why CJ lost so easy.....hope he can rest his back for China and HKG open.....

3. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    My paws here:
    NO.[25] MT501: [X]X.F.Xie..... v [ ]H.Y.Pi......(. 7 - 14 ) delete [ ]
    NO.[26] MT503: [X]Zhang/Wei... v [ ]Zhao/Yu.....(. 8 - 13 ) delete [ ]
    NO.[27] MT504: [ ]Choong/Lee.. v [X]Fu/Cai......( 11 - 9 .) delete [ ]
    NO.[28] MT505: [X]Zhang/Xie... v [ ]Vita/Flandy.( 10 - 10 ) delete [ ]

:cool:

4. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    hmmm i was suspicious that too... i believe LCw would beat CJ ..but not expecting CJ lost so tamely 8:21,8:21

5. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    :D:D.............thank you!

6. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    ermm
    tonight results as follow..
    LCW beat BCL
    LWW/CTF beat CY/FHF
    PHY beat XXF
    ZTT/YY beat ZYW/WYL
    Flandy/Vita beat XZB/ZYW
    believe it!

7. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Too bad that I can not PAW anymore..:crying::crying: you should pick ZTT/YY for bigger points..:D not late yet

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Just came back from Guangzhou this morning and quite surprised to see Zheng Bo/Gao Ling and Lin Dan "losing" their SF matches :eek:

MEN'S SINGLES
    Bao Chunlai vs Lee Chongwei -- no doubt, Lee Chong Wei is out to avenge his loss to Bao last week and he should win the title today! That will be his 3rd Super Series titles this year!

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah
    vs Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun -- Choong/Lee are also fired up after the many near-misses in several Finals this year. It will be a 50-50 match against Fu/Cai, but, if they can calm their nerves, they should beat the pair they have beaten twice in recent months.

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Pi Hongyan vs Xie Xingfang -- Xie will take home the title.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Wei Yili/Zhang Yawen vs Yu Yang/Zhao Tingting -- yawn...it might be another WO.

MIXED DOUBLES
    Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen vs Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa -- despite many of you saying that Flandy/Vita have an advantage over the Chinese pair, they have lost once to Xie/Zhang. Hopefuly, Flandy/Vita can rise up to the occassion and win their second Super Series titles.

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

my prediction

LCW vs BCL
    LWW/CTF vs CY/FHF
    PHY vs XXF
    ZTT/YY vs ZYW/WYL
    Flandy/Vita vs XZB/ZYW

10. george@chongwei

hope that LEE CHONG WEI will win his 3rd superseries title tonight.:)
    camon chongwei!!

11. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    predictions:

Predictions for the finals of the inaugural French Super Series:

Lee Chong Wei vs. Bao Chunlai
    Viewers were deprived of a Lee Chong Wei vs. Lin Dan match up when Bao edged Lin Dan in three thrilling sets yesterday, defying his horrendous record against the Chinese southpaw. Lee easily swept past an exhausted Chen Jin, and would be out to avenge his shock defeat in the hands of the Chinese last week in the semifinals of the Danish Open in Odsense. Bao aka. Mr Runner Up unfortunately, or fortunately for Malaysians, will achieve another runner up position, making it his FOURTH runner up in a Super Series event (Malaysian Open, Indonesian Open, Denmark Open). I predict Lee in 2 relatively tight sets.

Choong/Lee vs. Cai/Fu
    Another exciting encounter, with the Chinese wanting to make up for their consecutive loses in Macau and Kuala Lumpur. Choong and Lee swept past the Japanese killers who took out reigning world number 1 Koo and Tan. Encounters between these two pairs have always been of the highest standard, and I believe this will be no different. As to who would actually win this match, it all depends whether Choong and Lee can maintain their attack and focus. Cai and Fu's strategy will be to tire out and seep the stamina of Choong and Lee. However, the veterans know better than to allow that. Choong and Lee in 3 sets.

full article here: The Badminton Blog - French Open finals predictions

12. george@chongwei

Lee Chong WEI bOLEH!!!!!
    Choong Tan fook/Lee Wan Wah boleh!!!!
    MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    MS
    LCW to win over BCL
    After yesterdays easy match over Chen Jin, and BCL taxing himself to beat Lin Dan in a 3 set thriller, I must fancy LCW's chances here. It will also be a chance to exact revenge over his DO Semi's exit to BCL, The Mr Runner Up.

Hopefully, for Malaysians and LCW, that will be the case for tonight.

MD
    FHF/CY over CTF/LWW
    Since CTF/LWW has not won an Open international event since 2004 (Dutch Open). (excluding Sea Games, Commonwealth, Asian Champ titles of course)
    I find it hard to believe that things will change now. FHF/CY to win in any manner of style.

WS
    XXF over Pi
    What is normally an easy call to make, Pi's recent performance and strong crowd support has beaten the odds for the past few matches. Will she do it again? Very unlikely. but then again, she's already proven us wrong.

WD
    I have no opinion on this match actually. will they play? :D

XD
    Flandy/Vita over ZJW/XZB
    A very tough call. Believe the indonesians to take the title with their flair and match temprement for big events and even bigger crowd. I expect the flambouyant veteran Flandy to play a major role in sweeping the win on the opening match of the finals.

14. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

And my prediction is....
    BCL over LCW - LCW is still injured,...he beat CJ easily because CJ was down with injury not because LCW play so well....and BCL is determine to win a title after so many tries......and also LCW usually fail when every body is expecting him to win...

CY/FHF Over LWW/CTF - MAS pair as usual will colaspe in final...just like the previous 2 AE finals.....and CY/FHF will also very determine to revange over MAS pair last 2 defeat....and also a typical MAS players will lost when every body expecting them to win....

p/s : Like in World Junior Championship..the one we expected didnt win....the least expected ...XD won....hehehe

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

LOL and LOL. Fastdrop is in France watching it live in the stadium. He flew all the way to Denmark and France to watch these two SS. SO, we have been getting juicy off the tv news from him.

16. oyl928

oyl928 Regular Member

Engineer
    French Super Series Final schedule on my blog, and my prediction in bold:

MSChunlai Bao [4][​IMG]-[​IMG]Chong Wei Lee [2]
    MDTan Fook Choong [5], Wan Wah Lee[​IMG]-[​IMG]Haifeng Fu [2], Yun Cai
    WSXingfang Xie [1][​IMG]-[​IMG]Hongyan Pi [6]
    WDYawen Zhang [1], Yili Wei[​IMG]-[​IMG]Tingting Zhao [5], Yang (F) Yu
    XDYawen Zhang [3], Zhongbo Xie[​IMG]-[​IMG]Vita Marissa [4], Flandy Limpele

LoonSport.net :D

#56 oyl928, Nov 4, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  17. madbad

madbad Regular Member

LCW v BCL. How badly is LCW injured? This certainly factors big time into the match. LYB has already played all his cards by "allowing" Bao to make the final; remember Bao beat LCW in the last tournament. LCW has added a much better strategic game plan to his arsenal and if his injury persists, may need to think his way past Bao. Those old school type long rallies may come into play again. This is not an easy match to call, despite many already crowning Lee the champion. That said, I think LCW will have the minutest of edges in the end. Expect a tough 3 game slog.

FHF/CY v CTF/LWW. Here's the difference; the CHN duo know how to win finals while the MAS pair have choked at this stage. Could be 3 tight games going either way if the MAS oldies can get into the CHN boys' heads, or FHF/CY are going to blow the geriatrics out of the water.

PHY v XXF. A most intriguing match up. On the one hand, you have one of the most dominant women players in the game oozing with physical skills and talent. On the other, you have the cast off, smaller in stature but a tenacious fighter. It's going to boil down to 3 things: Will Pi get stage fright in front of the expectant home crowd? Or will she galvanize the energy from her rabid supporters? Mental strength–if Pi can break Xie mentally, then it's definitely game-on. The longer the match goes, the better chance Pi has. I just have this feeling.... and she's cute too :D

WD... next (boo!)

Zhang/Xie v Vita/Flandy. Don't really have much of an opinion on this one as this match lacks the drama the others can generate. However, I like the way the INA pair has been playing and they should pull through.

18. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Correction. At last year's AE, CHN didn't take the MD title. The aged Danes Lundgaard/Eriksen did.

19. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    LCW v BCL. I will go with slight advantage to BCL. LCW was impressive last night, but one could see that he cannot be as explosive as he normally does. It will not be easy to play Bao by keeping purely to rallying play. As for BCL, he has to step up to win this, being Mr Runnerup too many times might just affect his mental capacity esp if the game is close.

FHF/CY v CTF/LWW. CY is back at his best, compared to last week. Choong/Lee will have their backs to the wall, despite their achievements, their usually solid defence is not quite so solid this week.

PHY v XXF. On paper, Double X has a clear edge. But cute Pi has the capability to rattle Double X. Might even get more help from the line judges (boo!!!). Double X is temperamental, either she is brilliant or she is not. Yesterday almost forced to a rubber by WMC.

WD... many boos!! Title could even be given on silver platter to ZTT/YY.

Zhang/Xie v Vita/Flandy. Flandy's deceptive arrays of shots totally destroyed the Danes in the 2nd game. INA should put a lot of pressure to Xie Zhongbo to take this match.

20. Winnie Lim1314

Winnie Lim1314 Regular Member

Malaysia Boleh!!!LCW and CTF/LWW boleh!!!