The unlucky CTF/LWW

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by ye333, Nov 5, 2007.

1. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

If not for the following, the 1st game would be a close one:

1. 2 (or 3?) service faults.
    2. When around 7:7 or something, FHF's smashes touch the net twice in a row, making it impossible to return well. (Is it luck, or a new skill FHF obtained from god of smashing? Scary... :D)

Of course, without the above, I think FHF/CY will still almost surely win since it seems CTF is in bad form. Just the match would be much more exciting.

2. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Sure, could have, would have, should have but what's the point? This pair has been consistently fail in the final, you would think they are related to Bao :D:D:D
    Until Choong/Lee can proof otherwise else they are always only the best except in the FINAL. Having say that, it's never easy to maintain their form at their age, credit to them.

3. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

If CTW and LWW is unlucky, then BCL is probably the worst of luck player in the history of badminton. Hehee

I enjoy to watch CTW and LWW games alot, probably because they seems to enjoy their game so much, and they always bring up a very close game against CY/FHF. 2 thumbs up for the veterans!

4. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Well, I don't think LCW got a single point out of shear luck... LCW totally dominated BCL.

I am not trying to find any excuse for CTF/LWW. Just I watch the video with the question "how did CY/FHF beat CTF/LWW with such a comfortable score in the 1st game?" And after watching the video, I think the main reason is luck.:cool:

CTF/LWW seem to try to take a rest in the middle of the 2nd game, but such a request from the old men is denied by CY/FHF... :D

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    ctw/lww and cy/fh play similiar style of MD. Don't be hard on ctw/lww, they did beat cy/fh a few times before;)

6. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

Actually, if you all the face to face btw those two pairs, CTF and LWW are leading 6-4 =)

7. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Not Many MD pairs on this world able to played with such a relaxing mood as they do ! They were really enjoyed the match all the times.. :)

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

You're talking about how they play normally right? The finals on Sunday, CTF was tense and nervous, not relaxed. Rexy did say before they tend to put too much pressure on themselves. now is their last year/s in playing, limelight not on them anymore,less pressure.

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    CTF is in relaxed mood is because he is in LOVE...love is in the air, as the song goes......:p:D

10. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    :D:D he is indeed in love...........I teased him though when he was the only Malaysian player watching women double final in DO.....:p

#10 huangkwokhau, Nov 5, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  11. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    He is watching ZJW play and counting how many gold biscuits ZJW has collected so far to add to his meagre low collection, and how to divie them up among their future kids...hehehe!!!LOL!!:p:D:p:D

12. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

How can you call service faults are due to bad luck??? They even showed how high LWW was serving above his waist(or lowest rib)... Any service judge(if doing his job right) would have called it like it was.

Fu served 2 good low serve in a row and both CTF and LWW hit one into the net, would you consider that being Fu's good serve or bad luck on the Malaysian part again?

Shuttle roll over the net... happens all the time, and that is something that every player needs to accept and deal with.

I don't think it was CTF being off-form, but more like LWW not 100% focus, as he made more mistakes due to bad judgment... a couple of back court shots were badly judged and left when it was completely "in" the court.

#12 bananakid, Nov 5, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  13. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Well, my opinion is that service faults are partly luck. A different service judge may judge very differently. Just watch any video. How many suspicious or outrageous serves escape punishment, while some less outrageous ones actually get faulted?

I never said Fu's good serves are luck. I was talking about the power smashes. I cannot think of any other game where there are two power smashes in a row touching the net-tape, getting slightly deflected, and thus become extremely hard to return.

CTF was off-form (maybe he is nervous) in the 1st game. LWW is normal. While in the 2nd game, CTF is OK but LWW off-form. Both lost confidence towards the end I think, while CY/FHF are determined to take the title no matter how hard they needed to try.

Again, I am not trying to find any excuse. CY/FHF played better that day.

14. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Talking about service fault...Kido/Hendra got 4 or 5 during China Masters....how would you say that? tough to argue with Service Judge....
    I agree with Bananakid that LWW/CTF lost, not because of service fault....they did not play accurately like they did in Macau Open...LWW was not accurate and sharp enough to attack Fu/Cai...and Fu/Cai made less mistake in FO final ...compare to Macau Open, Fu/Cai played superbly.....we have to accept that LWW/CTF did not play their best this time which I have been supporting them....

15. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Well, I guess LCW didn't win the F SS title by luck. Just that BCL was unlucky to meet a renewed LCW in the final. If LCW was 100% fit and played his old game, it's hard to say whether LCW could still win.

16. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    You're both in agreement, then. Peace.

17. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant

BCL has been in 17 singles finals and has won only twice. CTF/LWW have been in many finals and have won only a few times.The commentator said that people have sometimes referred to these players as the 'nearly men of badminton'. It is very frustrating to the players especially BCL who showed it at the prize presentation.
    I also would like to know how much was the prize money for the Mens' Singles Final.

18. ronnie14

ronnie14 Regular Member

he`s in love? really? betul ke? :cool: hehhe

19. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

LWW/CTF were like Bao, they r the Mr. Runner-ups in MD.

20. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I am waiting for them to break their curses...............tough to be Runner up all the time......may be they should go to smaller tournament and win....I remember that it happened to Joko Supriyanto also...they sent him to smaller tournament and I think he did it...