Intentional Walkover is bad for the sports

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by spchu, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    petition is right here: Petition to the BWF

signatures still so few......:mad::mad::mad:

2. roger_beckham

roger_beckham Regular Member

Petition

I think you should create a new thread for petition. it is hard to find here.

3. roger_beckham

roger_beckham Regular Member

VChing, where did you watch the game? online? which website/channel?

4. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I've made a new thread in the general forum, but then the readership there is lower...

5. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    hahaha, there still isnt any proof for THIS particular match. i havent read, seen, or heard of any source claiming that they have found the chinese team of match fixing in THIS tournament. unless you can find hard evidence, your guys arguements go absolutely nowhere.

vching: in your petition there are words like "we believe". these are all assumptions backed by nothing. how can you accuse someone of a penalty backed with little to no evidence?
    also, you state 'several countries' are involved but only list chinese examples. who exactly are the other countries?
    secondly you claim "The South Korean players complained of biased linejudging, and this would not have happened if linesmen were from a country other than China." i stress that last part. does this mean you can accruately prove that if the line judges were of non-chinese decent, that the koreans would have had the calls made in their favour?

lastly, it seems like you have taken the time to think of possible solutions. although i appluade your effort, many of the solutions are not realistic due to the cost but more importantly time. the propsed hawk eye system costs $20000USD-$25000USD per court for 1 week. this is on average more than a MS winners prize money.
    more importantly, it takes time to make a panel and for them to accurately make a decision on the issue. it takes a lot of time to make a desicion, and because you had stated in your petition that this panel would oversee other issues as well, a desicion may not be made in proper time stalling other games.

6. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    Firstly, do you still need proof? I just listed 5 examples in the petition on China walking in dubious circumstances.
    Can Chen Hong get injured 3 times in a row, all the day before meeting Chinese players, recovering all in time for the next match?
    This is sufficient suspicion, I repeat, suspicion. we are voicing our concerns. Suspicion leads to concerns. We have no exact hard evidence or facts in the form of confessions etc. That is why the investigation by BWF should occur. To see whether the claims are true or not.
    About the Koreans, I am not saying that the linejudges were biased. I am saying that if the linejudges were not from China, then the Koreans wouldn't have felt that they were being treated unfairly.
    I know that no action taken can be ever perfect or would solve the problem perfectly. But this is what i can think of. if you have something else, I am all ears.
    A panel can decide on things quickly. It can even decide on things at a later date. Such actions are not unprecedented. Sports such as cycling (tour de france) etc etc have panels that meet immediately or days after to decide on such matters.
    Lastly, on the equipment, i believe this is a worthy investment. If badminton wants to gain the same popularity as tennis, then that is a correct and good investment.

i repeat, stop saying there is no evidence. We dont have conclusive and enough evidence, but we have evidence and suspicion. that is why we are voicing our concern.

7. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i watched it from the china open website yesterday. today i'm watching it from rtm.

8. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    first, you contradicted yourself in the last couple of sentences. you either have evidence or you dont, it cant be both.

you're still not getting the point, but here it is ONE LAST TIME:
    suspicions will not get you anywhere. if you send a petition with 10000000000 names and no evidence, it leads to nothing. it will always come down to the question: based on what claims can you say this?
    if you look at the green peace petitions, they will always have reports and analysis backing their claims, not just suspicions.

also, what you described about the korean vs. chinese MD situation is racism/discrimination. this is not the case, it was a dispute over the call, not the line judges. the koreans did not say what you thought they said, so you cant assume it.

if the BC community have such high suspicions about the match fixing, dont you think that the BWF would have talked about this issue?

9. waile

waile Regular Member

medical doctor
    this is actually a good idea... give them sufficient/realistic time to recover from their injuries.... they can of course take longer time off if it is really genuinely serious injury. agreed?:D

10. waile

waile Regular Member

medical doctor
    losing intentionally or giving unreasonable WO are just as guilty as the other. putting shame to the country involved and the sport as a whole. like i pointed before, in the game of tennis, either way, its called unsportsmanshiplike. for example, nikolay davydenko from russia was fined twice this yr at least by men tennis governing body, ATP, for lack of commitment/trying on his part in his match. it is up to the player to explain his reason for lackadaiscal play:p

11. waile

waile Regular Member

medical doctor
    are u sent from BWF? hehe....:D

12. Lawho2030

Lawho2030 Regular Member

self employ
    :cool::crying::(:(I agree with Indra that is what that's unsporting way. All of them are from China, and the Beijing game is on next year

13. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I did not contradict myself. I said that we had evidence, but not sufficient evidence. Read properly.

if I have 10000000 signatures, it means that the international badminton community is concerned. the bwf, representing the international community must act. What do I base it on? I base it on the numerous walkovers and LYB's statement.

In addition to this, the Koreans dispute the call. and who made the call? the linejudges. Get a brain.

14. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    I'm in agreement with jgao_net on this.

Let's do it like this; this petition should be about asking the BWF to investigate into the matter and ascertain if any ethical breaches to the game had been done.

It is not your job or the forum's to present any evidence because you simply don't have it. Imply all you want and make that a case if you like but don't assume that what you have said is gospel.

A petition of 1,000,000 signatures asking for an investigation is a lot more agreeable than 1,000,000 suggesting or 'confirming' (notice the quote marks) that there is evidence. Doing the latter is suicidal - if the BWF asks for a show of hands (poker analogy), what can you put in the table?

Nothing.

History had taught us 1,000,000 can all be wrong at the same time - those people at BWF, China BA and their lawyers weren't born on turnip trucks yesterday.

15. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i dont get your point.

16. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    I'm supposed to go off for lunch anyway, that was all written in a hurry - I'll be back in a bit.

17. belagabego

belagabego Regular Member

what the ****, sick of this, becoz the dominate this competition so they can WO for the match in same country, where is the sportiveness, last weeks Israel and Croatia make soccer proud with playing sportive, but why in Badminton which minor sport in this world can do the same

yesterday .... IND mix double meet in QF ... but they still fair .. fight for their honour ...

but why CHINA playing like **** ... huh ...

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    enough has been said about this issue. anymore will just be people fighting and not able to contain their own emotions.

thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.