Chen Hong WO

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by twobeer, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Sina report

Reporter did ask Chen Hong about why he withdrew and Chen Hong answered : "What do you think?" Chen Hong did not elaborate further. The reporter guessed Team Chinese is worried as only Lin Dan is in the top 4 and Bao is at 5. According to WBF, only the top 4 can avoid meeting one another until final round. Please refer to link below for more info from Sina Sports in Mandarin.
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2007-11-24/02103314716.shtml

2. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    you think this is mocking? How much then, do you think I, and all badminton fans are mocked when LYB orders these walkovers?

dont like, dont read. That is my policy.

get a life.

3. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

hehe, calm down man. I was just saying your previous posts were not funny though they were intended to be. That's all. If you want to say something, say it in a straight way. Trying to be funny yet ending up boring and pathetic is really bad.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    u still dont get it. LYB didnt ask anyone to lose.:rolleyes:
    on the contrary, LYB is enforcing the rules to the letter.

5. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    too bad, again, dont like, dont read.

if it mocks you so much, dont read

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

u r not seeing the big picture...

7. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

If game fixing hurts you so much, don't talk about it, right?

8. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    if i dont talk about it, it hurts me even more.... At least I have an outlet to all the disgraceful and shameful acts.

9. Fuji_

Fuji_ Regular Member

Hi cooler,
    Care to elaborate?
    I don't see the big picture as it's not obvious to the normal audience like myself. :rolleyes:
    I hope the big picture you're referring to is not an ugly one that on one appreciates. ;)

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

there is alway the toilet bowl:p lol

11. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I'll reserve the contents when I meet Li Yongbo :D:D:D:eek::eek::cool::cool:

12. waile

waile Regular Member

medical doctor
    when did rexy do that?? did we ever have that kind of privilege?

13. night

night Regular Member

14. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    when did rexy ever do that? all matches were played out. Please watch your allegations....

15. chity hour

chity hour Regular Member

malaysian players also all chinese ;)
    you see ........
    lee chong wei
    wong mew choo
    choong tan fook
    lee wan wah
    :p:p:p:p:p

16. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    hey, i was just making a suggestion. why are you so hostile to everyone? is there something wrong with you? or is it that you just don't like to read and take in other people's opinion? and only speak well with those who suit your thoughts.

17. victory

victory Regular Member

(1) Sharing price money. In China, national badminton players share 60% of all their price money with they coaches, they keep the balance 40%. In the case of CH WO to let Bao win, CH get to share 50% of Bao's price money if Bao wins in the following matches.They share money if it is open tournaments. If it is sport event eg Olympic and Asian Game and etc, where no price money in volve then they will share whatever rewards and treatments they can get in their country. However this was the consensus when CH was still in national team. All the players follow this "norm", and yes it was there years ago even before LYB become national chief caoch. Also "WO for the benefit of the team" not just happen in badminton, in table tennis for example, this happen very frequently.And players share their rewards. However, since CH is not in national team anymore , I am not 100% sure whether they still follow this norm. But my intuition is they will still let CH share the money, since they have deprive CH the chance to win the title. Otherwise it is extremely hash to CH.

No this is not my imagination. I get to know this from my brother who is a personal friend of a top chinese player. I don't think it is a good idea to tell who this player is because this could possibly further jeopardise his position. he is already not a favourite boy of LYB.

(2) Why CH left national team. He left because he didn't get equal chances in the team even though he is better than his juniors that is Bao, CJ and CY. At the time when CH left national team, his capability is only second to LD.In their "team match", young players like Boa and the rest just couldn't topple him except LD. And yet he was left out of heavy weight event like Asian Game. In Sudirman cup he was brought along but he was not given a chance to play in impartant matches. Instead, CJ and Bao were picked to play. At that time , he already got the hint. And He always wants to play the Oplympic. In one interview he told reporters that" If even Asian game I was not the chosen one, will I be chosen to play in Oplympic? I will be 2 years older by then." Also, as someone pointed out earlier, CH was ask to WO to CJ and Bao in some opens inorder to "give opportunities to the young one". If you are in his shoe, you too will get the message isn't it?

(3) Why LYB still can ask CH( in fact any chinese players!) to WO. To put it blunt and simple. LYB is very powerful in China badminton. Not to mention CH dare not to offend him, even other very well known and respected players and coaches get sacked by LYB. Among them Li Mao, Li Ling
    Wei , Wu wen kai, Sun Jun and others. Look, some of these players and coaches are world Champion and Olympic champion, if they can not get along with LYB, they still have to go! He is too powerful and dominant( and he has a one kind attitude!), if you can not get along with him , you have to go! Simple as that. Back to CH, unless he is willing to give up badminton or go oversea like Li Mao( Curretnly LI Mao in Korea), He still have to work with LYB some how. That is even if CH decided to go back to Fujian province to work as a coach or adminstrative job, he will still face LYB somehow. This is because in China provincial team work very closely with national team. Therefore CH will still have to "give face" to LYB.

Besides, someone earlier pointed out LYB can exercise veto by instructing the organizer to stop CH playing. That may be true also, although I do not have the exact information.

In CH case, simply put, he is a like guy that still performing but the boss doesn't like him that much and favour his colleagues. This happen everwhere in life isn't it? Not just in badminton. This is really life my friend.

18. chity hour

chity hour Regular Member

LYB
    is the person to be blame at for CH walkover

19. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I am not hostile to everyone.

No, there is nothing wrong with me.

I like to read and take in other people's opinions.

that was just my irritation regarding your ignorance of this issue. How can you say that there is no proof when LYB himself said it, when it is so blatantly staring you in the face?

20. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.