Why BAO Chunlai won?(Why LEE CW lost?)

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by LI De Quan, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    China have made it BAD-minton and SAD-minton. One of the Chinese fans described this as pathethic, disgraceful and shameful (可悲 可惜 可叹啊!).

#81 robin7, Nov 25, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  2. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

Don't always blame LYB... I believe someone higher than him (more authority) fixed this up... LYB is only a coach, he can't appoint line judges or order them to do so... someone higher than LYB is behind this...

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

At the start of the match,LCW was looking fresh and already sharpening his weapons (and I thought,wow,'it's gonna be a great match') until the first bad call.that's still ok to him. Until the second bad call and then it's not ok to him...I'm wondering.....if LCW had the freedom to play in his usual calm and focussed manner, would BCL have been able play as well as today..would BCL be able to defend that well if LCW's attack had been his usual standard?
    Would you say that,playing at the highest badminton level,when LCW's focus is off by 1%, his game will be off by 5-10% and BCL's game would be able to 'break through' the LCW barrier and wreak havoc like today?
    Actually, on reflection again, I am rather amazed that LCW could still continue to put on such impressive badminton display, using only half his mind.He's gotta be the real badminton king.
    What do you think?

4. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Didnt u watched the match?LD lost the match n he said the umpires r not fair enough?The umpires r chinese..n what happend after that?Did chinese ppl say that Park is so lucky to win the game?No..they think that Park is truly playing quite well that day.
    So..actually,linesman r not against Park.No,they're on Park's side!
    How could that be possible?If china's playing dirty n makes the umpires go against LD?

N for the second one,It's u guys whose preparing some trashtalking against them..no matter which chinese won.Just can't accept a fact of a malaysian no 1 lose..Remember,the same thing happend to the China's no 1 MS.It's just that the reactions of both supporters r different.

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

the author overheard an instruction made to the TV crew before the final matches that "all the bad calls that are in favor to CHN must be edited out and not to be shown on TV." (i.e., no repeat ... well, I think the last bad call was repeated on TV and it was obviously "out!")

i saw the match n all the bad calls that are in favour to china they din show the replay...that means they had made preparation...

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I will. Btw she already had a theraphy session later today and will still continue thruout until HKO. Dont worry, she is well taken care of.

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Its pretty obvious.

8. ants

ants Regular Member

All of us did infact accept that LCW lost to a better player which is BaoChunLai. Even if there is NO bad call LCW would still lose by looking the way he played and how Bao played.But also many knows that no matter what the outcome is.. someone is trying to do some hanky panky, and there is not suppose to be in the first place.

9. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

assuming the fair conditions, it's really hard for me to judge who would win...bao played well... lcw was distracted... i don't even know if lcw is in top condition when he played bao (like when he played taufik in japan open)... even so, if the situation is the best form of bao against the best of chong wei, i would say i would give LCW 65-35 edge... he is just the quickest and most agile player today...

10. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    OK, you are saying that the Chinese linesmen were favoring Park? How on earth did you know that? Did you watch the match? Park played better than Lin Dan.

Secondly, the umpire and linesmen for the two matches were different. That disgusting Li could have bribed one set of them for the finals match.

When Lin Dan lost, no one made any noise because he lost properly. Park simply outplayed him. When Lee lost, it was CLEARLY and OBVIOUSLY biased. THIS is why there is an outrage. I am sure Chinese fans would have been THAT outraged if such cheating scumbag tactics were employed against them.

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1) If you read thru the countless threads, you will find that Malaysians critize Malaysian players who lose badly. The Msian players are bashed, not the opponents. Means we dont think Malaysia should win every match.
    Just this tournament alone, see the thread "KKK/TBH lose again?" a lot of criticism on KKK/TBH but not Fu/Cai who lost in the 1st rd.

2) Again, if you have gone thru the threads, you would find those Malaysians who give credit to Bao. And same goes for all the matches that went fairly, we give credit to well-deserved opponents. When LCW lost to Bao in Semis in Denmark, Bao played better on the day, a deserving winner.

Majority Msian fans are angry with the umpire and line judges, not Bao

3) If it was Taufik Hidayat under the same situation, he would have walked off and Indonesian fans in this forum would be mad at the line judges too.

Even the South Korea MD coach was angry, they walked out of the match. So, imagine how angry the Korean fans are but they have their own Korean site for that.

4) Go read the info ixory found on what Guangzhou line judge said. Smells very fishy.

#91 eaglehelang, Nov 25, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  12. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

More stories ... in Chinese ... (again, not sure how true it is)

http://www.chinabadminton.com/ball/Announce/Announce.asp?BoardID=4000&ID=2816515

After LD told the media, "The judges made me feel that I'm not competing on my home soil."

(Huh??? LD took for granted that judges SHOULD bias to the players of their own countries????? Now I start to look down Super Dan.)
    (That reminded me of a sarcastic term originated from Taiwan decades ago: "patriotic judges")

After that ...

(1) WMC's coach (Tat Ming loh!) told the line judge, "Please, I beg you, practice fair play!"

(2) LYD "received" 5 "service faults" while CHN player's obvious faulty service wasn't get caught. CHN audience sarcastically said, "Let's award the service judge an 'Outstanding Judge Award."

(3) Okay, the judges didn't only bias major players but also second-tier ones. That caused JPN WD's Chinese coach scolded the judges during a match.

13. clearng

clearng Regular Member

Sales marketing
    Shame on You CHINA
    You make all the chinese in the world feel so shame

dissapointed

14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

LD's case is different.CHN did not expect PSH to trouble LD because LD thrashed PSH in 2 sets in DO / FO? recently so no pre-instructions were necessary. LD is seen as having a comfortable edge over PSH, so why worry? (That's why LD was woeful he lost partly because he was not extended 'home ground privilege.')
    BCL has a poor record against LCW and LCW thrashed him in FO even when nursing an injury. LCW is seen as having an edge over BCL so BCL needs 'assists' to win.So a complex system of umpire and linesmen was pre-instructed to 'deactivate' LCW at the ripe time.The MS title is a must win for CHN otherwise they will be left holding only the pretty but not prestigious WD title in their home turf. CHN or LYB will be the laughing stock.
    I wonder what would happen to LYB if they had not won the MS title through intricate means?

15. eaglehelang

Again, that was round 1. Simple fact : Lin Dan lost fair and square. Bao didnt (2 line calls were obviously wrong after watching replay).

Things were different, as you know, with the progression of the tournament. If you watched all the matches in Semi and Finals, you would know.
    If not, why so many disputes from the different countries ? The conterversial QF MD wasnt shown online or on tv, anyway, kwun filled us on what happened and it's in China's media.

The rest, I already stated in previous reply

16. eaglehelang

that means : 1) They did not expect Guo/Xie to win MD, rightly so, cos Kido/Setiawan are World no 3 and WC 07 champs.

2) They thought XXF would win WS. Women's dept has been China's dominance.

Interesting that even with all the "help", they only manage to win 2 titles. Imagine if all the matches were fair and square. China could taken only 1 title,
    I salute the Thai XD pair for beating Guo Ling/Zheng - I think there were some bad line calls then too but the thais keep mentally strong.

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Combined two relevant threads together.

You guys are making me work too hard. Cut it out.:mad:

18. Shiryu

Shiryu Regular Member

Nerd
    If the allegations are true, it's very sad indeed. However, there is hope yet; At least someone is willing to stand up and blow the whistles.

Now we will see how strong the will of the HK people is when under the pressure of big mother China next week.

19. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Badminton has become like circus!! or more like WWE

LD the Hulk Hogen, LCW the ROCK!!!

All fixed before being played... CHINA u really killing badminton with those Patrioctic walk over, and Partiotic Judge...

I can imagine XXF pulling WMC hair during matches and linesman being kick in the balls for making false call without fouling the players...

Sure! They earn more like WWE than Badminton...

20. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    will u talk like this if LCW thrash LD in the final of Super Series Final through the same kind of umpiring and bad line calls??? Do you think LD's fan would admit that LCW has won then??:D:D:D

I DON'T THINK SO........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.