Why BAO Chunlai won?(Why LEE CW lost?)

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by LI De Quan, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    This info i got it from the forum chinabadminton.com, i heard that it was the top that ordered the officials and judges to favour CHN in line calls, service faults etc.

Now the CHN officials, umpires and linesmen hate LD very much. LD told the press that the linesmen didn't favour him and cos him to lose the match. All the bad line calls started after this, cos the CHN boss wasn't happy with all the CHN officials there by not helping their countrymen.

Even the umpires and linesmen wanna act fair and square, they were NOT allowed to do so. They even rigged CCTV5 not to show the slow and zoom in replay of those bad line calls.

Now I'm all pitying the umpire and linesmen. They must have gone to the toilet and cried after the match for not being able to be a fair judge.

Boss: Either u get sacked or u do your job !!!! and get it done properly !!!

2. Whipper

Whipper Regular Member

hi all,

I went through all games at Tianhe Sports Center. I could feel it at the scene that LCW had obviously become the most popular star after LD's wash-out.

We did give our thanks to LCW for his amazing performance (especially in semifinal when he outplayed Chenjin by 2-1) and what he's athletically done after losing the final game. Lee looked disturbed by the judgements, including 2 clear incorrect calls, but I think it's his off-day condition and BCL's perfect play that prevented he from dominating the 2007 China Open.

btw, congrats to WMC, her dogged persistence was wonderfully rewarded.

one more impression on me was made by a MD player from taiwan, I know little about him except the name Leeshengmu. he stopped at semifinal but proved himself an excellent player.

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    For sure those who officiated LD's match will have a hard time next year.

4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Good summary, well said.

5. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

I hope what you found out is true. Otherwise the burden is on WBF, which in my mind is still a fair and respectful organization. This brings up another question, how many orders from the top will there be in Beijing Olympic !

6. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Catching WBF's attention is one thing, will they do something about it is another thing.

7. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    one of the Chinese fan posted, "China won just "ONE" extra title throughout whole China domination in world badminton, but HAD DISGRACED China sportsmanship............"

The poster closed up the post with an old chinese proverb, "To get a sesame, but throw away a big water melon"

8. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

And there was't as many bad calls in WS event is because the so called "top" did not expect WMC to beat XXF. Its a miscalculation.

9. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Maybe not. Those officials who took part in this event have passed the test and proven their loyalty. Next year, they will be on for Beijing Olympic !!

10. speedy

speedy Regular Member

From what I see LCW couldn't play well because he is emotionally disturbed.

I'm surprised to see quite obvious bad line calls against LCW.

The umpiring when WMC played was almost perfect : no bad calls.

Did anybody mention that one line judge was replaced during the semifinal of Park against BCL due to an obvious bad line call.

And the umpire calling a fault on Sudset for raising his racket is really stupid IMO. As if he doesn't know the rules of badminton. Actually he was angry at Sudket before that because Sudket made some protest.

I hope BWF would look seriously in this matter.

Finally, I regret that I have to say what I have to say in the above

11. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Well, don't be too harsh on BCL. He was a in dilemma. He has to act as if the line judge is not helping him, otherwise his fighting spirit will fade and he may lose. The reason why he can't afford to lose is exactly he has received so many help, from CH, from umpire, etc. It is shameful if he lost. Remember how he was bashed as "useless" when he lost to PG after CH gave him a WO?

Maybe he can tell LCW after the match, sorry Chongwei, I have to do that to save myself from disgrace... And LCW would say, I totally understand...:D

Of course you have a good point here... If it was ZJH playing LCW, I am not sure but maybe he would intentionally hit the shuttlecock out to give LCW back the point? :cool:

12. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    yup, miscalculation. Those who did the calculation will face some serious consequences now..............:D:D:D

accountant: no problem, can win one........
    boss: you sure can win??

accountant: no need to pay extra to the umpire and linesmen. expensive u know boss........
    boss: nevermind just deduct from your salary to pay them........

accountant: very sure can win la boss........
    boss: alright, your *** is mine if XXF didn't grab the title.

5 seconds after the match....................
    accountant: better hide now.
    boss: oi, accountant !!! get your *** here.:D:D:D

13. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    too bad even ZJH won't be dare enuf to do that under the supervision of LYB just behind the court.

I've seen enough of LYB's arrogance during his play in the 90s. Can't deny he is a good player, but a very KIASU player with a very bad on court attitude/temper.

For those who doesnt believe what i've said here, watch the 1990 AE Final between PJB and LYB. I pitied Tian Bing Yi who was so patient enough to withstand LYB's hot tempered behaviour on court.

14. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    BCL was a victim after all, at some point i guess.............:eek::eek::eek:

15. kungfukid

kungfukid Regular Member

i have sent an email to China Press(中国报), hoping they can help to publish this issue and urge ppl to sign for the petition that vching created.

Hope u guys do the same.

16. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    that's very nice of you...........;)

17. Whipper

Whipper Regular Member

the clearest incorrect call came when BCL was really on fire and 14-10 leading over LCW in the deciding set. I was hoping that Bao, to make a perfect win, would tell the umpire it is OUT. he did not, and finally got one of all flawed wins that most players would prefer to losing it.

I'm a Chinese fan, when sitting there I was expecting a great competition rather than any result. anyway, if the damed officials have ruined it for a result they want, please don't blame BCL, he was merely doing what a player does and writting over his match record with LCW, which is now +4/-8.

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    krisna plan to marry some of them;):p

19. Whipper

Whipper Regular Member

btw, I wonder why BWF wouldn't like to induct instant replay systems like Hawk-eye in tennis, and make it final judgement when there is dispute?

20. Konnichiwa

Konnichiwa Regular Member

Studente
    hmm LCW lost in two convincing sets by bao.....he looked tired....could it have been lost fair and square to a player who consistently does well? nahh couldnt be :rolleyes: ...anyway what if the line judges were just really shitty at making line calls....who knows but there is no need to get flabbergasted over it ....please folks...its all about the love for the game and excitement of watching you favorite players dont get outta control

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.