Congrats Wmc!

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by zqloy, Nov 25, 2007.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

ok, some of the umpires would be the same as CO.How many I don't know but definitely the biased female umpire for the WSF CO match was in HKO06. Anyone knows her name?Maybe we should have a file on umpires so we can grade them.(By the way, they are called 'umpires' ,not 'empires'. An empire is a group of nations or states under one ruler or govt,like the old Roman Empire.)

2. Sammy

Sammy Regular Member

Engineer
    If she keeps on improving especially on her attacking skills/technique I dont see why she cannot repeat it again. Anyway congrat to her. Two Thumbs Up!! Nomination by Chinese in the ladies department had faded the color of the badminton world. WMC you really steered up the badminton world and put back some fresh color into badminton at least in the ladies department.

3. Sammy

Sammy Regular Member

Engineer
    Thanks for the big sledge hammer bang on my head. Thousand apologies. I didn't realized I was typing "empire" all the while. :eek::crying::crying:please slap me:D:eek: again

4. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

What? MAS women players were not allowed to spar with men? :eek: When was that changed?

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Can we simply stay on the topic? Why everytime regardless whatever topics we begin with, some ppl always have to drag the CHN team into the discussion? If you want this thread to be flammed with debating as another 2000 posts, go ahead. :(

However, I prefer to see a rather clean thread, simply to congrat WMC for her hard work and achievement. ;)

Btw, I believe CHN team do respect WMC, as well as all their opponents in general. As Cheung mentioned in another thread, CHN team always doing their homework by studying their opponents. That's how they taking seriously about their job, and that's 1 of the main reasons why they win all the time.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes, a (belated) congrats, once again..

...to MAS new "badminton queen"! Well done!:cool:...And as said by others, my sentiment also goes out for WMC: Let this victory become your springboard for more future success..:cool:

#106 ctjcad, Nov 26, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  7. bcmmgr

bcmmgr Regular Member

"CHN team always doing their homework by studying their opponents. That's how they taking seriously about their job, and that's 1 of the main reasons why they win all the time."

Agree, look as CJ and BCL, in FO, they totally lost to LCW, and within a week, you can see them pick up some new tactics and stratedy to handle LCW. Their response on study opponent weakness is quite fast.

8. happyice81

happyice81 Regular Member

yeeah... congrate wmc for her hard work... and achievement..
    just this... :p
    luckily no other ppl continue discuss my post :p let's ignore it... hehe
    sorry bout tat.. :p:p:p...
    hope she can still be the dark horse, and still manage to achieve something in the future...

9. Sammy

Sammy Regular Member

Engineer
    Sorry I mean domination not nomination. My mistake....

10. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

All right for the benefit of all those who miss out on Wong Tat Mings playing career I will feel you all in.

Some time in 1987, Wong Tat ming caused a stir when he beat Misbun in the Malaysian closed championship. Every one then thought Tat Ming would be the next m'sian hope.

Tat Ming's game then was similar to Heryanto Arbi later, very powerful legs and he just love to play net shop to lokk for lifts to smash down.

When Fang Kai Xiang (now Djarum club coach) coach M'sia, he wanted to change Tat Ming Style into a more complete package as those type of high octane game would make his career very short given that M'sia dont have many talented players and we need palyers to stay playing longer.

From then on his game suffered. With injury creeping in as well as some favouritism shown to the Sideks, Tat ming retired before his career even began but now he had proven to be a good coach in so far as WS is concerned.

WMC's game does look similar to LCW. BAM has came up with a innovative idea of having the men spar with the women on a weekly basis.

According to Rexy, he would get the MD players to tease the WD whenever they cant cope during the game and he would encourage the women players not to be affected by that and return the insults when they win a point, all done in good spirits.

What amazes me these days is WMC's footwork which looks so graceful. She has won alot of fans in China because of her humbleness and the way she carries herself in the media which come across as a little more personality esp when she complained that it was very painful when fell on the floor to retrieve the shuttle in the 3rd game.

11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

sonnymak,grateful for your input.many thanks.

12. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Tat Meng, like heryanto ARBI? But I am sure back than SIDEK is the KING!

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Firstly, thanks a lot for filling us on, good to know someone knows the history of our badminton players.

1) You read that somewhere or talked to Rexy during one of the tourneys?

2) He he that 's more because LCW is her other half cos on normal days they train in different venues with different coaches. LCW in "My Olympic"
    said when his game was down, he did his own extra training on Sat and Sun. Looks like WMC did a lot of homework.
    Also Wong CH's fighting spirit rubbed on to her, both have same coach.

If I remember correctly Cheah Soon Kit was the first to push for it to improve the Wd's game. Rexy was agreeable, finally they got BAM and NSC to approve. I said finally cos Cheah SK was complaining why took so long to approve since all coaches are agreeable - he was sending messages to the "higher authorities" to move it fast.

Of course, they made it across the board, WS players also spar with the MS players.

3) Wong Tat Meng did say that he wasnt very successful during his playing days but have big goals for WMC, like winning the Olympics.

Good for him, at least his career as a coach has taken a good turn. Many were doubful about him cos he didnt make much waves as a player,Rashid Sidek wanted the post too. Somehow, between the lines, I think BAM dont like Rashid's outspoken character, gave the post to Tat Meng.

14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

hmmm... that sounds about right..when his game is down, only WMC can lift his game up with their own training sessions on weekends and where 'love is all around...'

15. Tommy Susanto

Tommy Susanto Regular Member

WMC, you are the best;)I beat Loh in congratulating WMC:DCome on Loh, be a good sport:pSee more here

16. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Yes it was Cheah Sk who flouted the idea to improve the women's department.

What went on during those "transgendered" sessions, rexy told to the press once.

Btw, I played one sessionsof social badminton with Rexy a year ago, it was humble of him to come and play with us on the invitation of a friend who goes to the same church as Rexy. When he smash (and I think he was using half the force he is capable even now) you can only hear the swosh of the racket
    the shuttle was so fast your eyes cant even pick it up.

Back to WMC, so cute, in the interview with Chinese media she looked like a little girl giggling all over and i bet she charmed the Chn media and Chinese fans with her squeaky voice. She should be called mighty Minnie Mouse.

If anyone didnt think she played like LCW, looked at the cross court smash she mabe. head away from the opponent, left shoulder turning towards the right and then swosh the shuttle to her left.

Only Zhu Lin paid WMC compliment and she attributed her lostto 1) she was tired 2) WMC was returning every shot, even those which Zhu lin thought was impossible to return.

17. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    Congrats to wmc. Her hard-work has paid off. She will definitely be the hot favourite to grab the gold in the upcoming sea games

18. liying_0505

liying_0505 Regular Member

Student
    I'm very happy with Mew Choo's performance....
    I watched the whole match, the moment she won, it was so touching, I felt tears in my eyes.... LOLzzzz....
    Hope she will do well next time...........

19. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

I think a more appropriate term is "cross-gender". Nobody on the court was undergoing s.e.x. change. :D

20. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Something pops out...

LEE CAN WIN and WONG MAH CAN!

Note: Mah means also in Hokkien.​