Hong Kong Open 2007 : Day 6 (Dec 1st) - semi finals

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open 2007' started by kwun, Nov 30, 2007.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I don't think Hau-Ge is badmouthing the Chinese players :cool: We were there and watched the matches (and saw those players "live"). Did u? He just plainly stating the facts.

I can tell you that I saw Guo Zhendong practising with Zheng Bo in the court downstairs, when he was supposedly "injured" which caused his W/O to Fu/Cai on Thursday :cool: Oh...do you believe that Xie Zhongbo was "injured" too yesterday? Even the Chinese fans in chinabadminton.com were disgusted with LYB's tactics.

Chen Jin was fine and he just demolished Sony Dwi Kuncoro on Friday. Almost everybody can tell what was going on yesterday :cool: The crowds were disgusted that Lu Lan lost so easily to Xie Xingfang and did not even make any attempts to run for the ball :eek:

2. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    actually the one who is suffering a 'heart problem' is LYB

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I never claimed that I am better informed than u :cool: Just read the Chinese forums :cool: Heart problem WAS NEVER EVEN MENTIONED :eek: But fatigue and pressure of winning could be valid reasons.

Err.....Guo Zhendong/Xie Zhongbo have risen to the top 8 if you want to know....and they are even better ranked than AG/Joko and Luluk/Hendra now. I even rate them as above AG/Joko by looking at the INA pair's three losses to Guo/Xie :cool: Add Shen Ye/He Hanbin to the list, who is an upcoming pair.

Reason for their loss is simple: Rexy and the INA coaches know HOW TO BEAT THEM. That was why Fu/Cai lost 8 out of 10 times to INA and MAS pairs. The other two losses were to Eriksen/Hansen (Denmark Open) and Paaske/Rasmussen (Japan Open). It's also the same reason why Kido/Hendra ALWAYS LOSE to Koo/Tan :mad: The better pair simply outplayed the pair who lost from the very start.

4. kokotea

kokotea Regular Member

student
    yes, that's my point, if they really want to fix a game, in stead of making a noise like WO, they can easily do a three "friendly warnup game" as 21/19, 19/21 and 21/19 without losing any energy. Maybe they don;t care at all, or just quit because of tiny uncomfortable.
    And I don't think "Claiming players manipulate shuttle to cheat" is a plain fact, do u?

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

But THEY DID W/O and the Chinese fans were disgusted that LYB did this so bravely. The crowds simply booed when it was annonced that Xie Zhongbo "was injured" :cool:

6. hhs1000

hhs1000 Regular Member

This WO problem will always be there as long as BWF have no balls to deal with China. And it is a disservice to real badminton fans in the world if it does not stop.

I remember BWF vision of being the most popular racket sport by 2010 ? 2020 ? 2200 ?

It is time to introduce negative points and fine for every deliberate WO.

7. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    As baddy fans, especially the fans who pay to watch the game, they deserve to see a 'real' badminton game being played, not fixed outcome and not w/o if unwarranted.
    For fans who never fly to see a live game and hiding behind the security of the computer screen and diehard fans of certain countries or players, then game fixing is fine with them as long as their idols win.

8. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

So you are frustrated when Mas 3rd MD pair lost in 3 tight games to the Chn 1st MD pair? Gosh that's high standard! :D

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    The positive point is that the finals look pretty good today.

The negative point is the semifinals were.......:(:mad:

10. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    valid frustration points. Too bad. It seems the game now is being dominated by 'god fathers'. So, my guess is that there is a long way to go to reach a full professional game where each individual gets their own merit and incentive. So far, the 'god father' says it all who gets what and when. It is easy for him to manage, but certainly difficult for the fans to accept (boring game). So any petition or idea to make it more entertaining or professional?

11. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

i m speechless...so sad for those 'puppet' players...

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1) Because the Mas 3rd pair, Zakry/Fairuz beat Fu/Cai just the week before in China Open in 3 tight games.
    Just so happen the draw made them meet again in Hong Kong. Here, from scoreline, this time Zakry/Fairuz lost in 3 games. From Rexy's tone during post-match interview, can see Rexy's dissappointed.
    Since HK Open have no live for 1st round, I dont know how both pairs played.

2) And because when CTF/LWW retires, they will be 2nd pair, still havent won any tournament yet. They have the skills to challenge top pairs, have beaten Tony/Chandra before(Indonesia Open 07), just not the grittiness to finish off.

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1) Badmania, why you angry today??:D I meant that as a compliment, you ARE better informed than me. I also wanted Kido/Setiawan to win, break great wall.

2) I cant read Chinese lah, is banana person, can speak, cant read. Computerised translation is very very weird, make me more confused. So I wont know what China fans think unless it's in audio.

3) And yes, I also wonder why your heros like lose confidence when they see KKK/TBH's face, so to speak. Against uncles CTF/LWW they not scared, against our other pairs they also not scared.

Anyway,I was stating what the media (GD Sports) derived from intv with China MD manager/coach.

14. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    News Report From The Truth Daily

Special Facilities For Team China

By Diz-Gusted Phan
    PA Staff Reporter
    Sunday, 2 Dec 2007

Hong Kong: China's premier badminton body, the China Badminton Association, said today that Team China would now have its own travelling hospital.

"Our players are being hit by injuries," said Top Honcho, the head of the association. "Some of the injuries are so bad that our players are forced to rest for up to two hours."

Recent tournaments have seen a string of injuries, many of them sudden and serious. Officials and fans alike have been baffled by the developments. A senior orthopaedic surgeon said he was impressed by China's ability to spot injuries that remained invisible to even sophisticated medical equipment.

"I believe Team China has someone with either ESP or clairvoyance," he told PA on the sidleines of the Hong Kong Open 2007. "It's very good for them to have someone with a gift like that."

The CBA said its magic man was coach Li Yongbo. Apparently, Yongbo was blessed with not just ESP and clairvoyance but also X-ray vision.

"We are incredibly fortunate to have Li Yongbo with us," said Top Honcho. "Very often, our players don't even know that they are injured. But Yongbo can see it. His actions have saved not just the health of many of our top players but also, more importantly, their badminton careers."

Team China will now have a touring medical unit to aid in the recovery of players each time the coach spots a career-threatening injury. With the Beijing Olympics less than ten months away, the hunt is now on for sports doctors who can aid this magical process of diagnosis, treatment and recovery within hours.

15. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Come on, how long did it take for you come out with that, Oldh-... I mean Diz-G? ;)

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Good stuff

17. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

About 10 minutes...
    I used to be a newsman :p

You see, disgust generates great speed :D

18. roger_beckham

roger_beckham Regular Member

no need to prove......this is china team....you can see Ina semi MD, play so well.....but when China vs China, if not easy competition, is WO or cheating and said injured....this is china....no one good man......

19. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    kokotea... ...

hauge is not that kind of person.. who will talk about "players that he knows"'s bad thing (badmouth)... he never does that

i have met him in person.. he's very kind,nice and helpful person..
    becareful with your statement... ;) OK

#799 taufik-ist, Dec 2, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  20. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Not all strong statements need to be proven.
    Many are true just by themselves. :)

Sample these:
    1. The sun gives us light
    2. Oldhand is a nice guy
    3. Hydrocyanic acid is lethal
    4. Team China fakes injuries
    5. Lin Dan can beat Lee Chong Wei
    6. The earth spins from west to east
    7. Line-judges can be brazen people
    8. Chen Jin was as injured as Lin Dan

See? :cool: