i am waiting for M'sia open

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open 2008' started by jez ng, Aug 23, 2007.

1. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Thanx for the info.. I think I will give it a try :) . Now I only have to get some MO-tickets :D

/Twobeer

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    The Swiss Garden hotel is ok but stay away from the Nova hotel. Your best bet is Tunehotels, which is cheap, clean, and very convenient to all the eateries, and within easy walking distance from the two rail system stations. Getting to and from the airport is also very convenient. On top of that you have free use of 5 pcs for internet. The Tunehotels is a no frills hotel but with a good bed and shower. It has no chairs, no towels, no soap, just toilet roll and a bathroom foot towel. Air conditioning is charged separately, Ringgit 5 for 5 hours or Ringgit 10 for 12 hours and its used is within your control. A fan is provided.
    But one thing you want to bear in mind is to book a double room as there are more double rooms with an airwell view, which insulates you from those deafening traffic noises. Most single rooms have very good views of the Petronas tower and other grand buildings but you won't be able to sleep well because of the traffic noise. When you check in, insist on a room with an airwell view and stay away from streetside views. There is a convenience store at the lobby, open 24 hours. You can either buy a towel and other bathroom toiletries there or you can bring your own. There are no wardrobes, no hangers. There are two coffee shops, a licensed money changer and an ATM machine for cash advances or withdrawals.
    Personally I find this hotel very suitable, having stayed there at least 4 to 5 times. I used to stay at a suite at Times Square, with compliments from my brother. Although the suite at Times Square is out of this world, I prefer the Tunehotels for its convenience.
    Let me know if you need more info.

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Wow, Thanks for the great info Tpak!!

Sounds like a great option.. Some of my friends will be staying at Swiss garden..But I think tune looks like a bargain, so i will book a room there and spend the saved money on...

Well how is the old saying...

"I spent most my money on beer and women... the rest I just wasted" ;)

I don't mind traffic noise btw.. I usally fall asleep like a pig :D

/Twobeer

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Believe me the traffic noise at the first to fifth floor level is deafening, especially from motor cycles late at night and in the early hours. The windows have no double glazing. Sometimes the sound from motor cycles sound like machine gun shots. Many western guests have complained about this.
    BTW the room is small, just slightly larger than a queen-size bed. It is a place to sleep only, not to entertain friends. There is however a folding table.
    You will find all sorts of guests there, mainly from East Malaysia, Singapore, India, and the U.S. and Europe. Unlike the Swiss hotel, breakfast is not included. Another thing, there is only one electrical outlet beneath the folding table. It is similar to the British 3 rectangular pin type. Voltage is 220 volt. You may want to bring a multiple adapter with British 3-prongs on one side and European two-prong outlets on the other side. This will come in useful for your shaver, mobile phone, digital camera, electric toothbrush, etc.
    There is also a locker behind the counter where you can put your valuables. It is free except for two 50 cents coins the first time you use the locker, and two 50 cents coins everytime you open the locker and have to lock it again. There is also a longer period storage room for your baggages, at Ringgit 1 for each luggage per day. This is useful if you need some temporary storage when you have check out temporarily and will return later.
    The security is very good. The service is also very good. English is spoken there.

5. Budakkiwi

Budakkiwi Regular Member

Student
    Any info yet on how to get tickets yet anyone?? THanks!

6. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Well, you can ask the source at email kennygoh@bam.org.my, and he will probably direct you to whoever is in charge of selling the tickets.

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Wow, Palace of Golden Horses is 6 star hotel, very expensive by Msian standard. Swiss Garden if I'm not mistaken is 5 star.

Cybercafe in Msia charge only MYR2.50- MYR3.00 per hour. Cheap after exchange rates.

8. Zealous

Zealous Regular Member

Don't mind me asking. But where is Malaysia Open going to be held ? Is it in KL ?

9. winnie

winnie Regular Member

ya will be in Putra stadium (same venue with wc07) from 15-20Jan

10. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I hope there will be no "umpiring and line judging" disease in Malaysian Open. The last World Championships in the same venue had one of the most impartial judging I've ever seen in 30 years, never mind that home players didn't perform to expectation (except CTF/LWW and WMC).

11. Zealous

Zealous Regular Member

Ok...thanks for the information. That's also a good news for me. hehe.. How much will it be for one ticket. Is it the same as World Championship ?

12. blessing

blessing Regular Member

definitely will b cheaper i think..

13. cyclone9

cyclone9 Regular Member

ticket is unavailable yet? last minute eh?

14. Zealous

Zealous Regular Member

Normally they sell the ticket one month before ? whoa !! I didn't knew that.

15. winnie

winnie Regular Member

u can get the tix on the day of competition itself as the tix shud be more than enough due to large stadium

16. Zealous

Zealous Regular Member

But high chance we'll able to get the free sitting tickets. :p

17. winnie

winnie Regular Member

well, maybe this will only happen for semi n final.. but hmm not sure though.. hehe

18. Zealous

Zealous Regular Member

15-20 January is a school-ing day for me. no !!!!!:mad:

19. justin-terbalik

justin-terbalik Regular Member

Student
    If tickets is avalaible..please post the web so that we can buy the tickets..online..TQ

20. justin-terbalik

justin-terbalik Regular Member

Student

:mad:Too bad for u...as for me..2 days before my new sem start...means...i have to rush back to IPOH on 21th and on 22nd...my class start...

i hope i can make it