Armortec (some questions)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by AznDude, Dec 2, 2007.

1. punchclear

punchclear Regular Member

I hope you find what you're looking for. Best of luck...:):):)

2. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    AT700 is hard to get used to cause it's so slow... not to mention completely different than MP99.

3. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Regular Member

Engineer
    I have to admit I'm baffled when I hear comments such as 'oh raquet X is powerfull vs. raquet y being manueverable' and so on. I've gone from a Ti-6 to MP-100 to the AT-900P and now I'm messing with an Arcsaber. I can't honestly say that as I went from the Ti-6 to the MP-100 to the AT-900P that my defence or net play suffered. Likewise playing with the Arcsaber didn't suddenly improve my defence or net game. In each case my game suffered at first until I got used to the raquet. The same thing happens when I change from one type of bird to another. Once I get used to the new birds my game looks exactly the same as it did with the old birds.

4. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

well everyone has different opinions u have some people saying that AT 700 is slow and worthless while other people say he has lots of power and u should get that racquet for sure

5. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Regular Member

Engineer

True, In general though I think that whatever raquet you choose you will eventually get used to. In hindsight I would also consider how easy it will be to replace a given model. For example I busted one of my AT-900Ps and now I'm looking at paying a relatively large cost (255.00 at the local club) to replace the damn thing. Of course I haven't learned any lessons because the Arsaber isn't even available here.

6. Athelete1234

Student
    Hey, nobody has mocked the power of the AT700; it's pretty damn powerful, but for smashes, you're 0.00000000001% slower, and in general, swinging it around will make you feel a tad more tired. Everyone is just saying this:

AT700- long shaft (flexes more), head heavy, regular handle, box frame that's more stable, but slower.
    AT900-short shaft (more stiff), less head heavy, long handle, box frame.

Both are very powerful, slower than your average racquet, and are in general for power players. That's the kind of criteria you have to make your decision on.

#106 Athelete1234, Dec 21, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  7. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

so i guess my qusetion is which one is more extreme basically.. which one is easier to use and will make u less tired etc etc

8. Athelete1234

Student
    What do you prefer; swinging takes more effort, or you have to swing to flex the shaft? You either take a stiffer shaft or a heavier feel.

9. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

well my last racquet was Mp99 the stiffness of that is more similar to AT 700 or AT 900 P?

10. UncleFester

UncleFester Regular Member

It's more similar to the at900p.

11. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

A solid basic racquet will suffice

I believe the current basic racquet for Yonex is the Cab20 for intermediate players.

It doesn't have all those fancy technology but a solidly build 1 piece carbon graphite with a t-joint. :)

If you can play with this racquet....the armortecs, muscle powers and nanospeeds are a breeze. Theoretically the later models will add incremental advantage to your game.

So don't worry what the racquet will bring out in you.....but what you will bring out of the racquet. :cool:

12. Vincent604

Vincent604 Regular Member

Very well said!!!
    But I bought the Ns9k(X) for the solid feel.. i hate vibrations..
    I used to use AT500 and the racket twists when i clear and smash... >_<!

13. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

ha ha i just got the 900 power the power is a beast when i hit the sweet spot but after 2 hours of playing with it i think i still need to get use to it more before i make any comments however i feel sometimes on "flick wrist shots" there is no power becuz i can't bend the shaft maybe but when i full swing its really strong

14. locker138

locker138 Regular Member

At900p Vs At700

I am using NS9000S now and looking for an alternative racket. I am thinking of AT900P or AT700. Are there much difference between these two??

Also, I think the 3U racket is too heavy, 4U should be easlier for me, would this degrade much of the smash/attack power?? Thkx.

15. yamhill

yamhill Regular Member

Student
    heh I decided for at 900p and now wanna change to ns9000s :D

but never tried at700, not selled anymore

16. locker138

locker138 Regular Member

ha, i see. but i am hope to get a 4U version, either AT900P or AT700. AT700 is still available for sell.

For the NS9000S, i think i can not produce as much smash power as the AT900P, therefore would like to change my racket. But still, NS9000S is a very good all round racket.

17. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

o sorry for double posting but for some reason i can't edit my last post but after palying with it for 3 more hours i kind of found out that when defending and lifting drops the racquet is not that good ( for me) becuz its harder to bend the shaft however my last racquet ( mp99) shaft is EXTRA STIFF and i can use it just fine this one is just STIFF and its causing me problems for some reason =/

18. February

February Regular Member

Even if you hear that 900P is harder to get used to, just spend more time with it and practice, thats all.

And you should get the 900 over the 700 just because the 900 is much more durable. Would you like a $160 racquet (the 700) to break on you? Or would you pay $35 more to get a more durable racquet?

19. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

umm from personal experience i think that the NS and AT series is different. WHen i use NS i feel its very light strong defense for nice high lift on smash returns (easily) and good net touch but when you smash the power is just not the same. I only decided to get the 900 p over the 700 because of the fact that it was only 20 dollars cheaper.. The guy gave me a price off of the AT 900 P cuz its christmas. I think it would be better to get a racquet with new technology as opposed to soemthing made 4 years ago for around the same price

i agree 900 p is harder to use the racquet is heavy and "stiff"(even though it feels more like extra stiff) it takes a while to get use to the timing

#119 AznDude, Dec 25, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  20. Athelete1234

Student
    In America, they're all fragile anyways. You guys dont' have 3U.