Malaysia Open 2008 - Day 6 - Jan 20 - FINAL

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open 2008' started by badMania, Jan 19, 2008.

1. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    That's possible also. LHI's return to form is very timely after a poor season last year. In fact LHI only had one poor game all week, the 1st game in the match against Sony. I was surprised when he turned the tables eventually, probably due to his superior fitness.

2. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    JR/LP have already created 3 major upsets, beating KKK/TBH, LWW/CTF and FH/CY. What's one more upset?! :p

3. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Ok folks, the time is 2:15 am. This is Abedeng, your commentator, who will be reporting live via blackberry device from the venue in the next 11 hours.

To begin, we will start the program with the mixed doubles final match, between the error prone Lee Hyo-Jung/Lee Yong Dae, up against tomboyish Yu Yang and her steady partner, He Hanbin.

Despite their errors, the Koreans had been able to knock out two World Champion pairs in Nathan Robertson/Gail Emms and Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir, and as such, must start as slight favourites for the contest.

#43 abedeng, Jan 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I dont mind if they create another Upset.

5. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Next, we have a mouth watering women's singles match, with Denmark's Tine Rasmussen, the Japan Super Series champion, up against the World Champion, Zhu Lin.of China.

Tine had beaten 3 of Zhu Lin's illustrious teammates on her way to her Japan Open title, and would be anxious to reinforce a message to the CHN coaching camp that no amount of team orders, deception or dirty tactics could stop the CHN women's singles squad from being strongly challenged in the Olympic Games in August.

Zhu Lin, on her part, must retain her title at all costs, in order to please Chief Coach Li Yongbo.

6. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Later in the program, the match that most BF forummers are waiting for, the men's singles title battle between Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia, up against one of his bogeymen, Lee Hyun-il of Korea.

This is also very much a battle between two coaches, with Misbun Sidek, Malaysian coach, locking horns with Li Mao, former Malaysian and current Korean coach.

7. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    After men's singles, we have the expectedly boring women's doubles match, an all-CHN affair between World Champions Yang Wei and Choong Tan Fook's sweetheart Zhang Jiewen, up against the smiling assassin Gao Ling and her new partner Zhao Tingting.

As this game is expected to be long drawn, it is best that the commentator take this chance to have a lunch break, go to the rest room or take a nap before we come to our final program.

8. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Our last program is the men's doubles, pitting Denmark's 2003 World Champions Lars Paaske and his BF forummer partner Jonas Rasmussen, doing battle with current World Champion an in-form pair, Hendra Setiawan and Markis Kido of Indonesia.

Paaske/Rasmussen have disposed of World No 1, Koo Kien Kiat/Tan Boon Heong and another World Champion pair, Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng, in their run up to the final. Both matches ran close to one hour and in 3 games.

Setiawan/Kido were no less merciless, destroying completely twice All-England and European winners Jens Eriksen/Martin Lundgaard Hansen and Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya, in double quick times. They will be looking for their 3rd successive Super Series title, and a climb to World No 1 ranking.

9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLES
    Lee Chong Wei [1] vs Lee Hyun Il - LCW to be dominant. Misbun outmaneuvers Li Mao. Home crowd goes home happy.

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen vs Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan [2] - closer than many can imagine. If JR/LP can play "smart", they can upset the INA stars. Would be nice to see new faces on top of the podium, so I'll call for a JR/LP win.

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Zhu Lin [3] vs Tine Rasmussen - Tine has proven her worth in the last 6 months. She will need to keep ZL on the court as long as possible to capitalize on ZL's suspect stamina. If it goes to a rubber, Tine is my gal.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES - don't give a ****! Just hoping LYB doesn't stick his dirty nose into affairs, but then again...

MIXED DOUBLES
    He Hanbin/Yu Yang [6] vs Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung - I like the KOR pair but the CHN duo have done very well too. A toss up but it a win by LYD/LHJ will give the tournament winners list a nice international look.

10. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    I dun think Kindra can win tomorrow...But give it a fight boy you can do it!!!

11. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLES
    Lee Chong Wei [1] vs Lee Hyun Il - Home favorite to take it in 2 tight games.

MEN'S DOUBLES - Match of the day
    Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen vs Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan [2] - The increasingly dependable MK/HS should win it in 3 games. LP/JR is a threat though, having beaten KKK/TBH and CY/FHF in earlier rounds. But fatigue can be a factor. if it goes to rubber, the younger & fresher MK/HS should take it. In other words, LP/JR must win the first game.

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Zhu Lin [3] vs Tine Rasmussen - Tine should win this one, and should manage to pull another upset in front of the malaysian crowds (and at LYB's face.)

WOMEN'S DOUBLES - Gao/Zhao vs Du/Yu. Before we talk about team-order, I just wonder which three WD pairs are China planning to send to OG?? It's looking a bit crowded with Zhang/Wei, Zhang/Yang, Gao/Zhao, and Du/Yu. They can only send the top three (provided they're all ranked in the top 4). Whoever wins tomorrow is probably the one who's 'chosen' to be the 3rd pair to go to Beijing. It's entirely possible that both pairs will duke it out, like they did recently (HK SS?). My pick? The cute Gao Ling , of course. :rolleyes:

MIXED DOUBLES
    He Hanbin/Yu Yang [6] vs Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung - This one's a tough one, but my pick goes to the Koreans who've done extremely well so far.

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

yup, abedeng, you do better job than many of the tv commentators

13. BooYa

BooYa Regular Member

MS Champion - LCW - he has been quite consistent lately, go CW & may the Boleh spirit be with you ...

MD Champion - JR/RS - We (KKK/TBH) took the Denmark Open'07, so this time we let the Dane to take the Malaysia Open'08 ... share share mah =)

14. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Im on the danes to take the MD title, man they really played well esp Paaske has found his long lost form. His net anticipation and all those flat jabbings is driving Cai/Fu crazy yesterday.

15. Xenoy009

Xenoy009 Regular Member

office lady
    I like to see these players get the title :p
    MD - Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen (a bit tough though)
    WS - Tine Rasmussen
    MD - Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung
    WD - Gao Ling/Zhao Ting Ting

on MS, full confidence on Lee Chong Wei!!!

16. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    :eek:Friend, it is Gao/Zhao vs Yang/Zhang final lah.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As usual (like the HK Open Final), I am among the few ppl who are betting on Kido/Hendra to take the title :eek:

However, I think I am not disappointed if the Danes were to beat Kido/Hendra today. They TOTALLY DESERVE this title here in KL!

18. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I'll root for

LCW
    Kido the Chilli padi. - 50-50

19. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    I do hope the Danes win for MD,but kindra is so consistent lately.

20. morphy

morphy Regular Member

Mine's almost the same as yours
    MD - Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen (They're the underdogs again but I pick them because they deserved it. It'll be hard unless the INA pair makes mistakes)
    WS - Tine Rasmussen
    XD - Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung
    WD - Ling Gao/ZHang TingTing

MS Lee Chong Wei this guy is combination of class act + mad skillz