Kendrick Lee

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open 2008' started by Kamen, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Not really because way before his time a Wong Peng Soon took the world by storm to win a number of AEs. Kendrick's early coach, Wong Shoon Keat, related to Wong Peng Soon I believe, was once SEA MS gold medalist. :D

2. Tommy Susanto

Tommy Susanto Regular Member

Damn SIN fans are so happy for Kendrick recent so-called-SUCCESS:eek:Guess everyone is seeking for a hero, that's quite normal. Optimistic is one thing, to say Kendrick got a potential to be a top player:rolleyes:Well you are pushing it man:eek::(:confused::crying::eek::rolleyes::p;):D

3. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Singapore is a different society, if Kendrick were in Malaysia then I think he may very well be up there along with Lee Chong Wei? In Singapore, education comes first even though Singapore government has also setup program for athletes who are able to excel in Olympic but those goals are quite un-achieveable in order to get the reward.
    The same thing can be said about US, hard to find talented badminton players since the financial stability is not there for this sport. Working in McDonald most probably gain more financial stability then winning the purse money from the SS which is SH(super hard).
    In shorts, right place & right time create the champion.

4. Tommy Susanto

I can't believe i lost my yahoo chess game by a force forfeit through my oponent just answering your McDonald and SIN education thingy. Unbelievable:pCan we move on please, i got a game to catch, i lost 14 points because of you:rolleyes:
    Let me sigh off, by affirming you that Kendrick Lee can be a solid player, please but not a super player, thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen;)

#24 Tommy Susanto, Jan 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  5. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Yes, lets move on. I don't want to be responsible for your 14 points lost:D
    Take care.

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yeah right...don't bother to start engaging in discussions with someone who never give constructive comments, except for blabbering on and on about the negatives about Singapore (players, coaches, systems, etc). Read more of his postings and you will know better ;)

7. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

But he has got a point or two although I like to see Kendrick excel in this game or should I say the whole Singapore badminton team to do well.
    At least he has to win something like a Super Series champions or a GP gold with the present of some big players like what Boonsak did in Singapore Open. And Sony DK, CJ, CY, Park SH will gonna be around eyes on the throne of LD, LCW, Taufik, Peter Gade, BCL after the Olympic.
    I see the same thing about Wacha, Nguyen TM, Andre KT too. Big potential but yet to be proven.

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's true that he has yet to reach that "stardom", but, you do have to give him credits for his improvements over the past 1-2 years. I am not a fan of Kendrick Lee, but, I acknowledge that he has beaten Chen Hong, Sony Dwi Kuncoro and Chen Jin (twice). That itself is an achievement!

Even players like Sony or Simon will have hard times beating Chen Jin :rolleyes: Remember...Sony got thrashed in straight sets by Chen Jin, who barely raised a sweat in the Hong Kong Open QF matchup.

Going on and on about Kendrick's and the Singapore team's failure repeatedly will certainly make you question the motivation of the poster :cool: :rolleyes: Read his posts...its basically about the same thing :cool:

9. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

Credits goes to where it dues. Asian games MS finalist sure not bad. Just that I've seen bigger achievements from Boonsak, Chen Jin , Chen Yu and Sony Dwi Kuncoro so far.

It's not hard to understand. He just can't get over some expat playing for Singapore now.

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Kendrick Lee is born in Singapore :rolleyes: The same goes to Derek Wong Zi Liang. The same goes for the sailors and bowlers (eg: Remy Ong). So, they are not "expats" ;)

We have seen some potential from the badminton players in Singapore lately and we shall if whether the presence of coaches like Eng Hian will help them to realise their potential. Remember, Kendrik himself was the World Junior runners-up a few years back :cool:

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Your use of the word 'damn' is not savoury especially when you use it to describe "happy Singapore fans". It is unfortunate that you should continue to use such negative language.

Your somewhat dislike for Kendrick Lee has appeared quite regularly in your posts concerning him and I don't know why you have this personal grudge.

What is your version of a "top player" if Kendrick can't be classified as one when he has beaten the world no.4, Chen Jin, twice consecutively at two SSs, the Singapore and Malaysia Opens?

Would you classify Simon Santoso as a top player when he beat the great Taufik Hidayat a few days ago at the Malaysia Open? After all Kendrick lost to TH at the SEA Games although he has beaten Sony Kuncoro along the way. And Sony is ranked higher than both Taufik and Simon. :confused:

Hope you don't lose any games as a result of another of my 'long' answers. :rolleyes:

12. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Obviously some of you guys here have not seen Kendrick in action. Why can't a Singaporean not be a world beater? If you saw how Kendrick totally outplayed Chen Jin a few days ago, you will know that he has finally arrived at the scene. His performance was much better than S'pore Open last year, it took a resurgent LHI and Li Mao to stop his progress. But age is on his side, he can only get better.

SEA Games silver, beating Sony, Boonsak at home ground, double World Junior Champion CJ twice, even Malaysian 2nd stringers including LTS, YKB and Roslin have fallen to Kendrick. That cannot be called fluke.

S'pore once had a grand badminton tradition when they were part of Malaya. They will rediscover that tradition again.

13. Tommy Susanto

Go SIN;)Get promotion to the 1st division SC and qualify for TC for the 1st time:cool:Win a SS:cool:All positives from here on, Bravo to the hot, new sensation, resurgent, ever rising indormitible young lion, Kendrick Lee:cool:
    SIN fans you are excellent in everything:):):)

14. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

I watched his games lately and noticed he got powerful backhand smashes, just like my Idol Taufik :eek: Yes, he has improved tremendously but his game doesnt have the variety shots aka tricky shots. In other words, he is NOT talented/nature player but a trained/nurtured one. However, we shouldnt take any credits from him, esp he beat Boonsak/Sony (SEA Games) and CJ (SO 07 & MO 08). I hope he will eventually snatch one SS before he retires.

C'on, we should support good players (except LYB's dirty tricks) and we (SG and Msia) were once a united country. I only support the local breeds and despice those "expats" playing for SG. oh well, looks like SG needs a lot of FTs (Foreign Talents), not just in working field but also sports :D

Msia Boleh.... Majulah Singapura...!!!!

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thank you Tommy. Hope you can say with more sincerity as time passes. :)

16. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    Loh, i think Tommy Susanto was hurt deeply by a Singaporean before.

17. scann

scann Regular Member

IT - Software
    Kendrick is showing us how he beats Chen Jin...

Attached Files:

18. Tommy Susanto

No problem as i am not a stingy but a little playful person, Loh. Sincerity will prevail over time:)

19. Tommy Susanto

Hahaha, Kamen. I couldn't help but crack at your comment:DYou cannot be serious:pStay cool gal:cool:

20. Tommy Susanto

I have indeed made discouraging comments about SIN players. However, i can not cause anyone's defeat(s):)Can i nail down this statement for good???
    No i did not in anyway make negative statements about SIN coaches and systems:confused:
    Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen:)