Malaysia Open 2008 - Day 6 - Jan 20 - FINAL

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open 2008' started by badMania, Jan 19, 2008.

1. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Guys,
    Lee HI is no doubt very awesome in MAS open SS, but will he able to sustain this kinda form thorughout the year. It still remain a BIG question mark...

2. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    We will find out very soon as Lee Hyin Il will meet Lee Chong Wei in round 2 in Korea Open. Same thing can be said about Kido/Setiawan vs Paaske/REasmussen, they too will meet in round 2. Can't get more exciting than that :D

3. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Same can be said to LCW. Will he be too tired to battle all the way again in Korea? Lets see what is he made off next week. But right now i should say he is the most consistent MS atm, 4 finals in the row is no easy feat.

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

That's what LCW said after Semi F interview. Sthing like he doesnt think so much abt winning MO or KO, this year he just wants to collect as many OG points as possible.
    LD absent in MO, Taufik will be absent KO, they have their own reasons, LCW's reason for participating in all is collect OG pts.

MD - Rexy wants them to stay home to train(different strategy loh). Only those who really need ranking pts - Zakry/Fairuz, Hoon/Wee Kiong are going.

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    LCW should miss a few tournaments before the Beijing Olympics 2008, IMHO

I do hope that LCW would miss a few tournaments before the Beijing Olympics 2008.

Having already been easily qualified for the OG 2008, and always having to play all rounds to the finals in all the SS tournaments...... it might be better for LCW to just play 1 out of 2 SS events that are organised (in batches of 2 within a fortnight), IMHO.

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Agreed. I think the All England is important for him, but, its not necessary for him to play in either the Korea Open this week or the Swiss Open following the All-England. Let alone the Asian Continental Championships in JB :eek:

7. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Maybe.. Lee CW need to earn more $$$ for him to marry Wong MC after Olympics :p

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

WMC would love to have LCW winning that GOLD@OG 2008 for her

Nay... LCW would earn more $$$ from winning the GOLD@Beijing Olympics than winning all the SS events from now to the OG 2008.

Besides, WMC would love to have LCW winning that GOLD medal for her. :p:p:p

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Nahhh, WMC herself can win medal, no need other ppl win for her. She's aiming to win a medal - bronze, not as valuable as the elusive gold of course, but by her own efforts, he he.

If both of them win medals , great wedding present.

10. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I would like to agree but I think getting 'tuned' is important. I have seen players getting jitters when they come back after staying away for a tournament or two.

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Beijing Olympics Gold Medals of love from gfs to bfs

Hahaha... Agree with you. :D:D:D

Not only that WMC needs to say that to LCW... I am sure XXF will say the same to LD, and ZJW to CTF.

But it could also be the reverse too... medals of love from gfs to bfs. :D:D:D

12. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

To me it's utterly bulls, they have enough training, what they need is to play more, lose more and learn from it more.

They've been kept before the WC and been training well, what happened next. The same thing before the MO, they have adequate time for training and it went sour again. In fact they getting worse since they started being selectively participate in competition.

13. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

I think Rexy is trying the protect TBH, no point going if they keep losing matches, dont forget our boy is only 20 years old, he might lose every bit of confidence left. Perhaps Rexy should learn a thing or 2 from LCW, ask the sports psychologist teach them how to handle the pressure.

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Fans want their heroes to continue playing to entertain them

Agree with you on this V3i HoN6... but this is only for the younger and less inexperienced players.

But players with experience who have already qualified for the OG 2008 such as LD, LCW, XXF, ZN, KKK/TBH, MK/HS, ZYW/WY, YW/ZJW, ZB/GL and NW/LN, all do not need to play more @SS tournaments, but they need to maintain their skills through their training. :):):)

However, their fans might want them to continue playing to entertain them. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

One exception though: Taufik Hidayat :p

Xie Xingfang is also absent from the Korea Open (whether its injury related or not) :D

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I wouldn't want to speculate about "the wedding" unless it comes from the couple themselves. The last that I knew was that they are merely good friends unless I'm outdated! ;)

There was a time when Chen Hong and Gao Ling were so 'serious' but in the end they do part. It must have been a great embarrassment.

Of course currently, Lin Dan and Xia Xingfang have exposed their relationship in public and have not denied, therefore it is acceptable to treat them as a couple in love.

But I think we should not treat LCW and WMC in the same manner. So letting the young Malaysian couple concentrate on their training for the Beijing Olympis might just be the right tonic for them, instead of distracting them. Thereafter, we shall await further news, if any. :D

#1176 Loh, Jan 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  17. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I question about Rexy's strategy too, if there's weak spot of the Malaysian pair then find out and fix it now! Staying and training at home will not expose players' weakness in my opinion. Selecting tournaments only adding pressure to the players and now they failed to live up to the expectation and the coach threatened to quit ... wrong strategy, just admit it and move on.
    Why so protective for this young pair, let them expose and make more mistakes then guide them accordingly. Imagine putting this pair in China during Olympic, you think they're better prepare now by skipping Korea Open?
    I like what Chong Wei is experiencing, he may not win all tournaments but he is exposing to different environment preparing himself for the big one that really counts, the Olympic. All under the same roof of BAM yet so much difference in philosophy from different coaches

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i was wearing a red tshirt le yesterday....:)
    but also reacted very wildly:D:p

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

george@chongwei wearing red to support Malaysia ???

Disappointed... I thought you would be wearing our harimau colours. :p:p:p

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic...and on topic..

..well, eventhough i was born in the same country as the current MD WC, that doesn't mean my heart is in the same country..;):p..Besides, i've gotta cheer for our resident guest players (JR & LP)..;):cool:
    My opinion, without having watch JR&LP's matches against KKK&TBH, FHF&CY & HS&MK:
    ..i don't know if practicing their serves more will work/solve their problem (from y'day's MD Final), but IMO, the Danes just have to have a mindset of playing more confident at the net (maybe easier than done)..In other words, the Danes can put the same pressure back to the INA, make the INA pair dictate what the DEN pair wants to do.
    I just thought, if the Danes were able to defeat KKK & TBH as well as FHF & CY on their way to the Finals, with the former pair having more success against HS & MK, why couldn't they do the same or have the same playing approach against the INA pair??..Is the INA pair's style that much different than the other 2 pairs??..:confused:

#1180 ctjcad, Jan 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2008