Lin Dan's Technique

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by paulchow, Sep 11, 2005.

1. MSHSBadmPlayer

MSHSBadmPlayer Regular Member

i beg to differ. look at zhang ning, xie xingfang and wang lin's netplay.

edit: okay, maybe not XXF :D

2. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    How can you guys say that Lin Dan's footwork is just OK? Lin Dan's footwork isn't as smooth as Taufik or Peter Gades, but that doesn't mean that his foot isn't as good. His footwork is just rigid or rough. To me, his footwork is just as good as anyone else out there.

Deceptive: Lin Dan is Deceptive. It is obvious when he's going for a smash, but it's hard to tell if it's cross court or down the line. If he's not deceptive, you think he would be so effective in his smashing. In addition, has tricked or got many of his opponent flat foot many times, including taufik that the 2006 Thomas Cup held in Japan.

Lin Dan's net skill is not bad. He dominated Peter Gade at net in 2004 Thomas Cup Finals, and Taufik at the the 2005 Sudirman Cup finals. The reason for him not doing so well at net lately, I don't know, but Lin Dan can play the net.

3. Konnichiwa

Konnichiwa Regular Member

Studente
    yeah i know its so wrong to look up to your idol who's number one in the world.... what are people thinking :rolleyes:

4. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Are you sure? I watched both matches. LD was dominated at the net by PG and Taufik, and even Sony. LD's weakest area is at the net. Other than that he doesn't have any weakness. Almost forgot his other weakness are his bad temper and like to throw racquet at his opponent's coach. :D:D

#44 Qidong, Feb 6, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  5. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    Yes I'm pretty sure about it. LD was pretty much in control of the net while playing with PG. 2005 Sudirman Cup, Taufik was dominating the net at the beginning of match, but LD stepped up his game and was terrific at the net.

In both game with PG and TH, LD was not dominated at the net. To me he actually more in control then the opponent. What I'm trying to say is that, LD has good net skills. However he does not exploited like a lot of other players.

About the throwing racket issue, that's a different topic and we can talk about on a different thread.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    if only u r lucky enough to have a racket thrown at u by LD:p:rolleyes:

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    why even compare net skills of LD to whoever, 2+ years ago? Unlike PG and TH (your examples), LD had improved since then.

8. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    You bump a thread just to flame a fan of LD who's only posted once? Wow.

9. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

In fact in the 05 SC match, LD got several net points at the beginning of 1st game. The mandarin commentator ("Han the Big Mouth" :D) commentated excitedly that LD had better net skill than TH, while ZJH, the co-commentator, appeared to have different opinions. As the match progress, TH became the one who dominated the net. Maybe LD dominated again in the 2nd game but I could not remember since I usually only watch the 1st game. :D

Personally I don't think LD has as good net skills as TH. Meaning: if both hit the shuttle at the same position, TH usually can deliver net shots with better quality. But LD makes it up by getting into position faster than anyone else, which means he can hit the shuttle more comfortably. That's how he dominates the net.

I think technically LD is not as complete as CH or TH. But he has his strength. He is above anyone else in anticipation. This combined with his speed enables him to get into position quicker than anyone else and intercept before his opponents has time to recover from their previous shots. :cool:

10. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Regular Member

Manager
    Know problem with looking up your favorite player etc. But he said it was his greatest dream to meet him, he just a person. Now that is sad, thats arse licking sad, what kind of life must that dude have if that is his greatest dream

11. Master Yoda

Manager
    I'm a fan of LD but i'm not in love with him

12. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Man what the hell is your problem?

13. Master Yoda

Manager
    My problem is most of the people on this website seem to have no self respect and just see some1 who can play better than them as a god. The same with pretty much every forum I have visited. Very sad indeed, maybe their mummies didn't say they loved them enough, I don't know but there something wrong

14. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    You don't have to be so rude and vulgar, just because you do not agree with what he said. Come on, where are your manners?

15. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    haha..if this goes around,next time,there will be LCW fansclub,TH fansclub,BCL fansclub,PG fansclub,SDK fansclub,etc..n each members of the fansclub will fight against each other after every matches,or competition.

16. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Just in case someone missed it, this thread relates to Lin Dan's technique :)

17. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    hey, i think you have became the Sith, no longer Jedi master Yoda

18. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i don't know much about technique. i am struggling with it myself. and i have not done any research or extensive reading on techniques but my opinion is for someone to dominate a sport surely he is doing something right. most probably most of the things right. i dont believe anybody can be a good professional player without a good solid foundation of technique. i just think that some are just more graceful than others. LD might look coarse with his techniques but i never think his technique is inferior.

19. Elixau

Elixau Regular Member

Lin Dan's technique is at professional player's level. It's just that some professional players have prettier techniques than others.

20. Konnichiwa

Konnichiwa Regular Member

Studente
    obviously your an ignorant fellow with no dreams and no inspirations...so how bout you just keep your dumbazz comments to yourself huh? we all have someone we look up to and to get to actually see that person in real life im sure would be a real treat.....seems you have alot of anger maybe your mommy didnt hug or kiss you enough either :D