Interesting Chinese media article

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by ms142, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

why not if the venue is CHINA? :rolleyes: If BWF rejected, LYB just boycott and pull off his team. Then the BWF balls will shrink and give in :eek::D:p

2. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I am totally amazed :eek: Why CHN always claim to be the best in badminton but need to complain about IOC restriction on countries quota in that event. :rolleyes:
    pretty simple - If a person is really good. him/she alone can win the title. 3 words - "QUALITY OVER QUANTITY";)

3. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    bcoz it is unfair for China. our several players can't compete in OG, while the player whom are ranked 60 can played. is it fair?

btw, PBSI and BAM also rely on several players to win OG, and not to certain players / pairs, right? don't get it wrong.

4. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    this is just the example of the MANAGEMENT HIERARCHY.

5. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Don't ever dream about fairness in badminton games nowadays. It has been lost long long time ago:eek:
    I am pretty sure PBSI & BAM will be happy if TH & LCW being their sole representative in OG and To be Fair.. LD is the only one from China.
    Only the best Survive ;)

6. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Regular Member

Engineer
    The limit on how many competitors a country can send to the oylimpics is NOT an issue of unfair treatment of CHN by the BWF. In fact it would be unfair if China were allowed to send more because it has been common in the Olypics to limit the number of competitors a country can have compete in a given event. Do you really think 'Eddie the Eagle' from Great Britian qualified for the Olympics because Finland and Norway couldn't dig up one more competitor who was better? What about Jamica sending a bobsled team? Again they were able to do so because the powerfull Countries in bobsledding are not allowed to send 10 teams each.

So why should China be granted special privalige in badminton?

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Let me reply on half of our dear Winston_T.....simply because China is the best :eek::p

8. Polar Bear

Engineer
    Let me get this straight, you are going back to an incident that occurred in the 1960s to justify cheating now? That is one very warped set of values you have there. By the way since when did this thread become about wether LD TH or LCW is the better player? There are plenty of other threads were that debate raging.

9. Polar Bear

Engineer
    Until they stop cheating we will never know :mad:

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

U should read more of our dear Winston's post and u will know better. Remember...don't have any tea or coffee besides u...u will spill it for sure :eek:

11. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Thomas/Uber cups are also country(association)-based events. Therefore the current quota is reasonable.

Furthermore, as a politically correct statement, China indeed sends 4 teams to Thomas/Uber cups -- Mainland, Taiwan, HK, Macau. :D

12. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Cease & Desist!

I now know why you guys spend so much time on personal comments.
    You are deliberately doing it to keep the mods busy, aren't you? :p

Cut it out, please ;)

13. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

It's actually quite interesting to look at history. Before OG04 LD is definitely the hottest star, but then this "almost-retiring prodigy" TH jumped out from nowhere and grabbed the glory. I kind of see LD's attempts to take some glory back in his clash with TH in 04 Ind Open and 05 Sudirman. Then came the infamous WC final, LD collapsed when TH leaded 8:0 in the 1st (He must be thinking, what the hell... Is this guy REALLY better than me?!). He tried to recover in the 2nd and indeed leaded 7:3, but TH was very strong then and managed to not let him won another single point. This loss seemed to had haunt LD until he won his 2nd WC -- he tried to brush TH away by winning the AG final but failed.

#73 ye333, Mar 18, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  14. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    That's why we have to do it. I can understand BWF position.

#74 sjoe, Mar 18, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  15. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    Your year of 1960 is wrong thus I question your recollection and judgment.

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    well,i kinda started this.
    i was to show that TH only do well in fixed tournaments. Fixed means it's not opened to all potential competitors.

17. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    TH is on the down hill, he has reached the peak before but after the marriage his inconsistancy is very apparent. Losing more often than LD on recent tournaments too. So with all due respect WInston_T, i don't understand why are you defending your stand so much because it is already a fact that LD is the better player. Only those hardcore TH fans with bias mind still think he has a calculative chance of winning another OG gold, or event another SS event. So chill out man!

18. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Your summary of the article is far from accurate and appear to be narrow-minded. I would suggest that if you'd like to refer to an Chinese article in the future, please do a translation, so BCers can get a more complete picture about what it has been said.

That's the problem I cited above. You read what ms142 wrote, not the article itself.

19. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree with Birdwood about the summary ms142 made, it doesn't give the entire picture of what the article said. I am not going to go detail into that article. Basically, some people may categorize the W/O as strategy to attain better seeding and maximize the number of eligible chinese players, while other people may think this is unsportmanship and unethical. At the end, as long as WBF didn't think it is against the rule and continue to accommodate such behaviour. China will continue to take advantage of it.

20. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I love you attitude and with you on the issue :D

That's a very constructive comment :rolleyes:

Could you please elaborate a little more how this works :confused:

Sorry to ask you. but how many SS have you been? If most of us don't even go to SS in the first place, how can we walk out (unless you meant we walk out on our computers) :confused:;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.