Thomas cup predictions

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by Inky2000, May 13, 2007.

?

Who will win the Thomas cup 2008?

1. CHINA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. MALAYSIA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. KOREA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. DENMARK

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. INDONESIA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. OTHER

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

I can't agree more....When a dog barks at you, there is no point you bark back, no point as it can't understands u....:D

I 'try' not to involve in those so called personal attack posts...if you can't change or manipulate them, just keep quiet, n let them do the barking...I m sure, the mature n civilize BCers know what is right, what is wrong n the grey area....

We are here to enjoy our passion for badminton, to show our support to our fav. players n team, to enjoy virtual companionship...not to simply finger pointing n create 'chaos' in our forum....

Peace be with all of US....:):):)

2. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Folks, where's all this going? :eek:

Post 411 from badadum was the last one of any relevance to the topic of this thread.

Is it that difficult to stay on track? :(

3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    We will do that..........Thanks

4. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Well, all I can say it, LD cannot win the Thomas Cup .........:eek::eek::eek:

.......... by himself, that is. :D:p:D

OK, other than the big 5 (CHN, INA, MAS, DEN, KOR), who would you put your money on to do an upset or two?

I feel that JPN might pull the plug off DEN ..... similar to the KOR vs MAS confrontation. Come to think of it, MAS and KOR have been in the same group far too often in TC Finals. :confused:

Germany's squad isn't half bad too.

5. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    for sure ... :D

6. badadum

badadum Regular Member

I've a feeling JPN will surprise many folks in the upcoming contest, since their squad has 2 good MD and MS.

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I agree with you. JPN has a decent chance to pull an upset over DEN... ;) If they do finish on top of their group, then... DEN will be thrown to the other side of the knock-off round... they might face CHN in the quarterfinals over there... :p :eek: :D ...which will then result in 3-0 destruction by CHN, of course... :p

GER? Mmm... no chance against INA. Decent chance against THA... I think GER has a decent chance to face KOR or MAS in the quarterfinals... :)

#427 Krisna, Apr 2, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  8. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

if PG and KJ are playing, i think the danes will take MS1 and MS2. however MD1, MD2 and MS3 could easily be won by the JPN team. so yeah, it'll be interesting indeed, definitely a 3-2 scoreline either way.

9. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    Hmmm.. i apologize for making the bold comments previously. I have to admit that i am still new to this forum and probably only see the "one" side what Winston_T defended. I am looking at things here as an outsider so pardon my ignorance for what happened previously. However, i really hope to see a "healthy" and "constructive" debate rather than personal attack. Badminton may be your everything and your life, but i am not going to let it ruin my emotion and health. So lets get over it and enjoy the game as much as possible if we still want to call each other pals! :)

10. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yeah, my suggestion is to stay out of it, things can get pretty nasty sometimes ...

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    No problem....you can see that if he keeps attacking then we have to defend our players as w know them well.....you do not make fun or look down on other players and say other people are anti this and here....everybody has their own favorite players to cheer..

You are doing fine...welcome to forum Yen_Saw..

12. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Good to see you too have a sense of humour, Winston_T. How about joining us at the Thomas Cup finals?

Always interesting to see a CHN fan's perspective, as long as we are respectful to each other's views, of course.

13. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    tell him to use a helmet :D :D :D :p (joking)

14. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    You hvae INA before u face China....

15. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

It is obvious he thinks Malaysia will overcome INA.:D

16. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Its the same scenario for MAS and INA when facing China. Must take advantage in the MD and steal a point from the MS. MAS best bet will be in the 1st single (LCW vs LD), while INA probably would have better chance in 2nd single (TH vs Bao).

As for MAS vs INA, the scenario will be the same for MAS (sweep the MDs, get 1 win from the single). Just in this case the probability of getting that win from MS is much higher. The key will be whether KKK/TBH can recover their form and continue their dominance over MK/HS. If its come down to the 3rd MS single, its doubtful that Mr. Yo-yo can withstand the pressure (and the fanatic crowd) to beat Simon.

17. TH_4_President

TH_4_President Regular Member

Koo/Tan aren't 1st MAS MD any longer..already replaced by Choong/Lee..MK/HS have better record against Choong/Lee and Lukvent have beaten Koo/Tan, so with this condition, I think INA has slight edge to pass MAS squad If they meet (don't mean to offend MAS fans though) :cool::)

18. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    The pressure is tremendous for 1st single, especially when strong teams like Indonesia, Malaysia and CHina versus each other. A win on the first single will definately boost the moral for both Indonesia and Malaysia team when they have couple of strong MD, but for China, LD is "expected" to deliver the crucial first point or China will need a win from either of thier unconsistent MD.

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

How about this scenario...

..how about putting Taufik as 3rd Single??..If the score is tied at 2 a piece, he'll be in a pressure, do or die situation, one which he'll relish??..:rolleyes: Will this be more realistic of a chance for the INA squad to pull off the "upset"??..:confused: ;)

20. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I was under the impression that we met China in the semis then Indonesia in the finals? No?