Lin Dan punched coach Ji Xinpeng

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by rwchen, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Threads Merged

Han's thread has been merged with this one.
    eaglehelang and Dreamzz, thanks for the pointers :)

2. Trevor

Trevor Regular Member

LIN DAN Allegedly Fights with Coach Ji Xinpeng

"World #1 men's singles player Lin Dan is alleged to have swung the first punch after exchanging heated words with his coach, Sydney Olympics gold medallist Ji Xinpeng, during a training session in Fujian province, China. The fight was quickly broken up by teammates, according to China Daily."

http://www.badzine.info/content/view/974/

3. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    I think LD got LYB's backup.Hehe..LYB is the most influential person in Chinese badminton,remember?Hehe..if the hitting did happend, i guess JXP will be forced to be silent by LYB,won't let him make things worse for Chinese Badminton name.

4. Trevor

Trevor Regular Member

Poor taste in choice of action from the World's #1. Someone of his caliber should have show more restraint.

5. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Trevor's thread too joins the existing one.
    Armor_tec_14, thanks for the pointer :)

6. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    Proof

This thread is meaningless without evidence. Show me the evidence please. :cool:

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Read the post from Ji Xin Peng himself.....Things can happen...after all Lin Dan is human, not Superman....all of us can do stupid things....:cool:

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    with the higher pressure from boss of ji xin peng...i dont think that we can get any truth

9. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    i know but at least show some pics or whatever since the media were there.

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i'm not surprised if lyb try to dampen this internal incident. Letting your opponents know of your internal weakness and internal 'simulation training methodology' isn't productive. It is important to downplay this incident and focus on the OG preparation, as JXP nobleably agreed as well. I'm sure lyb is a honorable man, he will reveal this incident to us all...in about 15 years:D:p

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Regardless whether there's punches or not, we can all see LD's image is quite negative among the public, even though he's also being considered as a hero by many fans. You don't see the media making up a story against say CJ or BCL. So, we can get the idea.

Whether there's heated word only or get to physical level, LD needs to behave before destory his own future. Be a top athlete is only a few years, he still have another 40-50 yrs of life need to experience, after he retires from being an athlete.

12. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It might happen so quick and reporters might not realize so it was too late to take pics....

13. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

I would say good luck to him after Olympics, esp in the case if he failed in beijing.... :eek:

14. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

Lin Dan will make a great coach in my opinion, just imagine him threatens his students with his IRON fist when they don't perform... I can already foresee Lin Dan being the successor of LYB. :D:D:D:D:D

Lin Dan in street fighter coaching style when student not performing...

Lin Dan: "HA-DO-KEN", and you see a badminton racket(instead of a fireball) flying at your head.:p

Lin Dan: "SONIC-BOOM", and he cross throwing 2 rackets from both hands at his student.

Lin Dan: "SHO-RYU-KEN", and he does a dragon uppercut right underneath his student's chin and knocks him out.:p

#94 bananakid, Apr 11, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  15. pramana

pramana Regular Member

Lin Dan is absolutely representing Chinese Style, like in Kung Fu movies. When words do not do any damages on the spot, hands and foots will play.

In America, the "punch" will come later (lawsuit)... They may call it defamation, libel, etc.

So, why are you fighting, when there is no money involved?

There is no crying in Baseball (quoted from the movie)..., but punching is applicable in badminton :D

16. super__gao

super__gao Regular Member

hm.... well said. it's tough to be world #1 you know!!! it always seems people are trying to mess with his mind haha.
    Ji XingPeng said LD apologized, but didn't specify for what. i think until proof of the "punch" happened we shouldn't be the ones judging.

17. w3wmfhe

w3wmfhe Regular Member

from what i heard ..(one of the friend had contracted with one of the double player on the national team ..he said there was some push..LD pushed jXP )not sure if it was punch or push.....coz it was pretty strong push.

18. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Is just so sad to see Lin Dan continued to deny and behaved like someone is framing him until imminent exposure from reporters or even coach Ji. Dis-respect of your coaching staff is one thing and denied after the fact is criminal. If Lin Dan is brave enough to punch his coach then at least has the ball to admit his action. I would expect that from the member of Red Army, at least.
    This is very similar to conflict he had with Li Mao, first he claimed he didn't throw the racket toward Li Mao but video shows otherwise the he said he couldn't understand why Li Mao said all the bad things to provoke him from far distance.(How could Lin Dan heard that?)
    Oh Lin Dan, you've stood so low with such high world ranking, the whole Chinese badminton association is going to be dragged down by you. What a pity.
    Win like a man and lose like a man.

19. w3wmfhe

w3wmfhe Regular Member

it was not first time LD punch or had fight with someone from the team with teammate..LD had fight with Chen hong in 2002.

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    this incident is more cloudy than the KO incidents as there were no photo or video, and both side want to downplay the matter. I can give a 'simulated' scenario account but i better not:p