Lin Dan punched coach Ji Xinpeng

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by rwchen, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    If i have the chance to play against LD, doesnt means that for sure i will lose. BUT if i am really lost to LD, I WILL CERTAINLY NOT GOING TO :-

i) THROW MY BADMINTON RACQUET TO LYB'S FACE
    ii) PUNCH MY OWN COACH

2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

How sure are you...that all badminton team were telling the truth....or just dare not tell the truth.....under somebody's pressure.....:confused::confused::confused:

And why those reporters...would write somethings bad about LD.......not other players.....but LD.....??????

3. davidhliu

davidhliu Regular Member

Public Relations
    i'm 100% sure as they are all my friends. but if you choose to believe all the false reports, it's your decision. as LD admitted himself, he is not perfect, he is short tempered, and through several bad incidents, he knew he needs to control his temper much better. but have you ever seen him lying? No. he said he did NOT punch Ji and he took full responsibility for what he said. he should not take the blame for something he has not committed.

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Like that........but why Ji xin peng keep silent......he should help LD to clear things out............'if LD didnt punched him'.......;)....

and i think...those reporters...are so anti LD....must have a reason...:rolleyes:

6. luyi80

luyi80 Regular Member

How about Ji himself? Did u ask him? How come till now, Ji hasn't speak A WORD??? If LD did not punched Ji, then Ji should deny himself, not all others team members to say so...what we want is the clarification from "dang shi ren" --- Ji!

Anyway, I'm not here to acuse that LD did it, but I will be most grateful that Ji can clarify himself. Since u know ALL of them personally, please tell Ji to clarify, thanks a lot, David!

7. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    His coach (jxp) already made statement to public that LD did not punch him? Or waiting for instruction....

btw, have u get any permission or not from the relevant authority (LYB etc...) b4 u made this statement?

8. luyi80

luyi80 Regular Member

Hmm......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Mayb I'm too old already??? Sorry ya, talking about KO08 again, the FAMOUS THROWING RACKET incident, at first, he also denied that he did throw racket toward LM, he was just throwing his temper out. BUT, after somebody post the video showing him throwing the racket, finally he admitted that he DID throw his racket toward LM. Of course, IBF had already said that was not LD's fault, so I'm not going to say more about this, just to make sure that he is just like what u say --- NEVER LYING!!!:D

9. davidhliu

davidhliu Regular Member

Public Relations
    i dunno where u get the impression he denied he threw the racket. but from all interviews i watched, he never denied he threw the racket because the entire audience were there witnessing his act.

10. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

Forgive me for I'm a shallow thinker.......I'm just wondering IF LD didn't punch me, and my realtionship with LD is quite ok, I'm not going to keep quiet. I'll clarify immediately......

BUT, look at this case, Ji said NOTHING about the incident, only the top management as you mentioned above speak on Ji's behalf...I just can't understand this. Can you please enlighten me on this, David?:)

11. davidhliu

davidhliu Regular Member

Public Relations
    i cannot comment on behalf of Ji. it's a very good question that you should ask Ji directly. btw, LD's coach Mr. Tang who also claimed LD never punched Ji during an interview. Tang was also present at the scene according to the first news report.

12. AlfredEarn

AlfredEarn Regular Member

Bill Gates' teacher, Professor of Oxford and Headm
    he got a bad attitude/manners

13. luyi80

luyi80 Regular Member

Sorry sorry, my English is not as good as yours, so mayb u misunderstood me...:D:D:D

What I mean is, LD never denied he threw the racket, but, he denied he threw the racket TOWARD LM at first, only after the video was posted on the internet, he admitted finally that he DID threw the racket toward LM...but that was all LM's fault, of course, who ask LM to speak HARSH to our world No.1, LD...:D

By the way, my reply is simply addressing ur statement that LD NEVER LYING. That is! And I'm still waiting for Ji to clarify. Till then, LD is still innocent unless Ji says he did punched him. :)

So, can u please ask Ji to clarify, PLEASE??? Instead of LYB, LWG, ZB...

14. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Well, u should tell yr friend here to do more than just to "control" his temper.At least learn how to respect his teacher 1st. How old is he now btw? Still acting like a 18 yr old kid? Not to mention he is the current no1.
    Anyway, i dont believe LD punch Ji too. But there must be some physical pushing and shoving, which may be exaggerated by the media as "punching"...

15. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

I m sure, LD is much more stronger than others, need not to confirm by other player, his world ranking confirms that...;)

Again, Ji remains silence...and, again, is other who try clearing LD's name, why not Ji, why? I remember reading article in Sina that LD said his relationship with Ji is good as they are both from Fujian...so, Why Ji remains silence?

Yes, you can't comment on behalf of Ji...that's a GREAT STATEMENT...so do LYB, ZB and Li Wei Guo n my idol, Mr Tang Xian Hu, they can't speak on Ji's behalf, too...

Therefore, since you know ALL of them personally as quoted here, I am pleading you, sincerely, to get Ji to speak and clear LD's name...

I can't ask Ji as I m not as popular as you in China Badminton Team:p

No one is guilty until we prove him wrong...I m not saying that LD punched Ji as I m not sure, but those statement and drama after that made I feel fishy...that's how I feel...

16. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

Hmmm...since LYB, ZB, LWG, Tang had clarified for LD, only Ji remains quiet...and you ask me to ask Ji directly...are you hinting me that Ji trying to.....:rolleyes::D:D:D

17. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    "more drama, more excitement", hot headed people like LinDan and Taufik are adding spice to badminton

18. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    this has become quite an interesting thread. everyone's said their bit, so i'm gonna add mine.

i think because of Lin's success, a lot of people have forgotten that he is still a person. that is, like any person on this earth, with flaws and weaknesses, and strong points to admire. so why is everyone reacting so violently when he stumbles and does something stupid and irrational?

if you claim it is because he does not show good sportsmanship, then ask yourself, have you never displayed poor sportsmanship in your entire life? i'm sure everyone's had a time where they've lost cool, whether because it was a close game, or because they were having a bad day, or because it was a game they did not want to lose. some people do it more than others, but i'm sure everyone has had a moment like that. i've broken a racquet out of anger, because i was angry at myself, during a very personal game.

i'm not using this as an excuse for his behaviour. but i'm suggesting that you can't really jump on him, when each of us has had a moment like that. if there are any shining, perfect angel players out there, well, i envy you. but as david has said, Lin has expressed a willingness to change, and i think, that is the most important thing of all. if it takes more than one incident, then so be it. i'm pretty sure we're all trying to change something ourselves. i don't see my friends dumping the world on me for a fault i'm willing to change.

for those who insist that it is no way for a world no.1 to act. well, i agree. but it's also no way for ANYONE to act, not just lin dan. so why place so much attention on him? is it because he's a role model to so many people? if so, then that's stupid. he might be a role model, but in the end, the very person you want to compare to is yourself. not to lin dan. role models are only there to guide you in your ways, not to show you exactly how to behave (e.g. i look up to lin dan, but just because he argues with his coach, doesn't mean i copy him). instead we can learn from him to not lose our temper. isn't that a good thing? to learn from your role model?

i think lin dan was wrong. but like every other person in the planet, we've all been wrong. what matters is if he changes. i don't think there's much point continuing to ponder what happened. instead, i think we should look at if lin dan gets any better (controlling his temper, i don't think he can get much better in badminton).:eek:

just my thoughts

19. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    You can find it on www.chinadaily.com.cn, at the Sports & Olympics section. Super Dan is also the teflon man, immune from "prosecution".

20. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

Steroid ??

Uncontrolled temper !!! hmmm Maybe he is on steroid ? pain killer ?. He should be tested for drugs ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: