Prince Badminton Rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by forrestyung, Dec 27, 2006.

1. hYaCiNtH

hYaCiNtH Regular Member

Prince racquets

any one has any experience with a Prince racquet ? i tried to search for any review on Prince on the forums but no luck...so just wondering if anyone had any personal experience with it and would be kind enough to share their thoughts

I know prince has stepped out from badminton industry...but i just love their designed shape and color schemes

any info is well appreciated

2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Here's my experience with my friend's Prince Classic-Tour 05.
    It's a very easy racquet to use. It's a balanced racqet with a stiff shaft and an isometric-frame. The smashes aren't as powerful as my 3U AT700, but they're more precise, and the control is superb. I dont know much to say, but I can certainly say that it's really worth the price ( 100NZD ). Great 'bang for the buck'. I loved it.. I feel like buying one as well.

3. tanleels

tanleels Regular Member

i own 2 prince; the NXGraphite 85 (black on one side and white on the other) and the NXG 85 XP (orange on one and sliver on the other)... i bought them based on the review, see below or link (http://www.yourbadminton.com/product-reviews5.php)... they are good rackets, currently my wife is using the NXG 85...

Prince NXGraphite 85By: Chewy Chua Specifications:
    Weight: 85Grams +/- 2grams
    Balance Point: 280mm +/- 5mm
    Length: 670mm
    Grip: G5
    Max tension: 30LBS
    Flex: medium
    Triple Threat with Tungsten at the 2 and 10 o'clock position
    CTS - continous taper system shaft technology
    Strung with BG65ti @ 24lbs
    Gosen overgrip
    First Impressions:
    I first saw this racket way back during the Badminton Expo at Megamall last June. It's a nice glossy white racket, with weird indentations near the Triple Threat inserts (2 and 10 o'clock positions) and near the T joint.
    Solid looking, great finish, very Anime looking racket. It's a sleeker version of my former favorite Triple Threat Warrior.
    Oh yeah, if you flip the racket around, you'll be surprised that it follows the MORE+ style of having 2 colorschemes in one racket. In my case, black and white.
    The shaft is quite unique too. It starts near the cone at 7.5mm and then tapers down to 6.5mm near the T joint. Gimmickry? Maybe. Read more to find out!
    Palo Palo Impressions:
    There are 2 things that can excuse this racket from performing well: It's new and I'm not used to the strings (bg65ti) - I'm glad I didn't have to use my excuses.
    The the first thing that will strike you when using this racket is that it's quite light. It feels very neutral in your hands, not head light nor head heavy, and this even keel is quite intriguing because you'll get the impression that this racket "is only good for netting and control shots."
    Try hitting warm up clears with this racket, and you'll be surprised that you don't have to exert so much effort to hit the base line. It was a funny sight seeing my palo-palo partner run back to hit my base line shots, and hit with much effort while I'm feeling so relaxed.
    Game time Impressions:
    This racket is confidence-inspiring. That's all I can really say.
    It gives you powerful clears why you have to bail yourself out of sticky situations. It returns smashes with ease. You get good controlled net shots. You get to hit tighter drop shots. This racket felt like it was an extension of my hand and it responds very well to minute angle differences, just like an oval-headed racket.
    Vibrations are at a minimum, save for the most gigil smashes. Maybe it's because I only need to exert 80% power thats why I don't feel the vibrations.
    Verdict:
    This second-generation Triple Threat racket is surprisingly good. Good build quality and finish. Excellent response during games. No harsh vibrations. Easy power shots. You'll either be turned-off by or be attracted to the bells and whisles of this racket, but let me assure you: all of them will work in your favor.
    This racket has a brother. It's called the NXGraphite 85 XP and the main difference is that the balance point is moved towards the head by 5mm, and is cheaper by Php300.
    Speed, control, maneouverability and power. All for Php4550.00 at Toby's. Quite a steep price to pay, but it's worth every peso.
    RATING: 9.5/10 - would have been a 10/10 if it cost around Php2500 to Php3000.

#123 tanleels, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  4. trishi72

trishi72 New Member

IT
    I'm trying to get the Prince MOre+XL with yonex bg-95 string at 20 lbs. Am intermediate player with good control, mainly doubles, quite offensive. Have used TT sovereign and warrior rackets before but slowly want to progresss to overall heavier and head heavy rackets because the Warrior seems too light and would like to progress on my smashes. Comments please?

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Can u post the pics?..:)

6. neogeo74

neogeo74 Regular Member

Prince O3 Red badminton racket

Can anyone tell me if the Prince O3 Red racket is an offensive or defensive racket? Some shops have describe it as defensive but others describe it as an offensive racket.
    The Prince O3 red definitely lacks power compared to my Yonex MP99 but has better control.

7. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Wouldn't that be a 'control' racquet then ? A 'control' racquet is leaning more towards defensive IMO.

8. neogeo74

neogeo74 Regular Member

Prince QF Excel 86 & Prince TT Beast

Has anyone used these rackets?

www.sweatbandbadminton.co.uk described this as the successor to the classic Prince TT Warrior.
    I am also looking at the Prince TT Beast.

Are these head heavy or head light rackets?
    Does it have stiff or flexible shaft?
    Are they offensive or defensive rackets?

Any feedback would be appreciated

Thanx

9. neogeo74

neogeo74 Regular Member

The Prince O3 red has a flexible shaft with a lower kick point which supposed to generate more power. I always thought a stiffer shaft would generate more power?
    The Prince O3 Silver has a stiffer shaft but yet is advertised as a defensive racket.

#129 neogeo74, Apr 12, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  10. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    stiffer shaft will generate more power only if you can swing the racket fast enough.

11. persona

persona Regular Member

banker
    have anyone out there have one , would like to know how it feels during plays

12. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    my brother (2-yota) on the boards has one~ you can pm him!

13. 2-YOTA

2-YOTA Regular Member

To keep my rackets away from the 12 minute NASCAR
    Nothing special or magical with the red O3. Plays OK. Doesn't really have any major strengths in offense or defence so I guess it's kind of a general purpose duty racket. O3 white is a bit more head heavier than the rest of the colors resulting in a bit better offensive play (but far from being a beast in this area). The O3 ports don't serve much of a purpose for badminton use. If anything, it results in a thicker cross section which causes greater turbulance in the badminton swing. Unlike tennis where the stroke is from low to high and the air can "squish" through the ports for greater aerodynamics ... it's pretty much useless for badminton other than possibly the design resulting in a stronger frame for higher string tensions.

14. ray_mond

ray_mond Regular Member

i have to concur with twober's plastic feeling. I got about a 5minute feel with a o3 silver.. my friend got a couple of them at cost price to demo.. it definitely is very plastic, but there is still the weight there. Didnt get to try hitting with it, but i dont find the "O" spots sharp at all.

btw, i heard its going to retail for about $180 in Canada

#134 ray_mond, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  15. ian_esq

ian_esq New Member

Lawyer
    I had the Sapphire version (Blue version). It broke last week as a result of a bad clash two weeks earlier. It is an all around racket. Smash was fine. It is agile. My only gripe is that when hitting, the sensation was not quite right. The best approximation is "plasticky" like twobeer and ray_mond wrote. I like the O3 but I like to try other rackets at this time.

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    thx for the review. No one i know in canada has one so i can not confirm my hunch and reservation on the O3 series. Prince took the technology from tennis to badminton but fail to understand the desired stringbed-ball interaction in tennis is not desirable in badminton. It turn the crisp feeling to a soggy feeling which u call it plastic feeling:D It's great for defense because the sweetspot area is huge.

17. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    :) The newer speed-port series rackets (ractangular holes instead of oval o3 holes. feels much better (there is two versions sold here: speedport black and speedport tour). I tried it for a short time, and it is really a much improved racket over the 03s which i think was not really a success for prince.

cheers,
    Twobeer

18. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Prince O2 Speedport any good?

Tried searching the forums with little luck, but does anyone use or has tried the Prince O2 series rackets? Great looking rackets, and prices aren't completely stupid like...that company that starts with Y :)

Being that I am the purveyor of all things unpopular, I thought I'd ask.

Attached Files:

19. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

that's O3 boss and not O2 ........

20. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Ooops. AH well, you know what I mean.