Asia Badminton Championships - Day 3 - 17-April-2008

Discussion in 'Continental Championships 2008' started by george@chongwei, Apr 16, 2008.

1. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Are you sure, my fellow teranganu fren? :eek::D I'll take up the challenge :eek:

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Sure whether I can beat you?? Respectfully not sure la. But I think I can give you a run for the money. Even if you beat me, I dont think I be looking at a 15-0, 15-0 (sorry I prefer the old system) bashing.

3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

21-0, 21-0 tak pe. As long as she took part and represented her nation with pride.

4. waile

waile Regular Member

medical doctor
    u should give more credit to the taiwanese player:)

5. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    poor girls... Singaporean girls should at least give them 5 consolation points each game... Most players would do so... If it was me, I would feel uncomfortable and bad if I did that to my opponents.

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I really don't think CSC is anywhere near an elite player on this circuit. She showed promise as a junior (World Champ) but many players have since passed her. Cheng, very much like Wang Lin, has stagnated and become very ordinary. I expected more from Wang, being from the CHN player conveyor belt, but I fear if she continues to struggle like this, she will be ruthlessly replaced.

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, so tight scoreline despite TPE's Cheng isn't weak shuttler. Looks like this Chinese pretty girl performance doesn't show positive trend since she won China Masters 2006, Wang Yihan is more capable than her. Against local fave Wong Mew Choo, seems her journey will find an end tomorrow although Wong didn't play her best to overcome unknown Thai player at second round match.

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree with you. LCW has less trouble playing familiar, high-end opponents.I would prefer BP to win this time though unlikely. Just hope they are in different halves of the OG08 draw.

9. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

kawan... relak lah... go Carrefour to scout for a RM19.90 racket first (pls keep the receipt) then come challenge me... :D i never said 15-0, 15-0, but just make sure the "carrefour" racket can hit the birdie :eek:;)

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

You are definitely on track with Wang Yihan. I think she'll be fast tracked into the senior team. If she doesn't work out, hey, there are many more from where she came. Tomorrow is where Wang Lin (yes, she's cute :p) meets her end. All WMC needs to do is outlast her. Wang Lin's stamina will pack it in sooner or later.

11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I believe CSC played too much in tournaments.Some tourneys, she competes in WS, WD and XD!Hard to understand TPE thinking.It's like CSC has to be kept busy to win? Well ,the results have shown otherwise.Don't remember her playing just WS.Isn't WS enough work just to win a title?

12. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I am not sure to consider BP as "high-end". He seemed to be not on par with TH. Don't remember if BP had won any SS MS title in the last 9 months :confused: Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong on any account above...

13. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    That is the real problem with Chinese Taipei women team now.. If CSC focus on the Single Event, She can become a world-beaters ! Not as where she stand now :eek:

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

They should definitely let her concentrate on Singles. She's not a big girl and I suspect will wear down badly if she continues to play WD and XD. An injury could be just waiting to happen. As far as her results go, yeah, it's disappointing to say the least. Let's hope the TPE badminton heads can figure it out.

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Well this is not a social game. This is ABC with Olympic qualifying points. Professional players are trained to win every point if possible and not to make unforced errors. Once they take it easy and lose their guard and concentration ..... The coach will be watching! ;)

Granted the Turkeminstan girls must be quite raw and maybe not exposed at this high level, but it is a learning process for them. At least they know if they were to be more serious as national players, they need to put in more hard work. This loss may motivate them to play better next time. :)

16. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

OK...shd we consider Wang lin and JYJ wins as upsets........? :confused:

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

The Sin pair...not diplomatic at all........:mad:.......;)....:D:D

18. madbad

madbad Regular Member

JYJ - No
    WL - No (but judging by her recent performances, perhaps)

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I wouldn't classify this as "un" sportsmanship. If they don't shake hands after the match, then it is unsporting. These players are professional players trained to win every point.

They can't lose their concentration by being careless and give away unnecessary points. The tide may turn against them in a different match when every point counts. So they need to try to play at their best at all times! This is not a social game. ;)

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    If you want to be diplomatic, lose the game, pack up and go...the other side will love you immensely...:rolleyes:

Go and tell your players to be diplomatic ...:D