Malaysian Juniors 2008

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by erin_hakkinen, Dec 14, 2007.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

does anyone know who is misbun`s son who was participating in this tournament?

2. winnie

winnie Regular Member

Malaysian Schools Championships/Athletics: Iskandar bags deserved double

By : Jugjet Singh, K.M. Boopathy. Ajitpal Singh, Christopher Raj and Devinder Singh

[​IMG]
    Johor's Iskandar Zulkarnain won the Boys' Under-18 singles beating Selangor’s Syawal Ismail 21-18, 21-15 and partnered Boo Kuo Tuan to win the doubles.

ISKANDAR Zulkarnain of Johor proved that he is the player to watch when he clinched the Boys' Under-18 singles and doubles titles of the Malaysian Schools Sports Council (MSSM) badminton championships at Michael's Badminton Academy in Puchong yesterday.
    [​IMG]Penang's Tee Jing Yi beat Kuala Lumpur's Flora Ng 21-13, 21-19 in the Girls' Under-18 final.
    Zulkarnain, the top seed, overcame a tough fight from Selangor's Syawal Ismail before securing a 21-18, 21-15 win to clinch his first Under-18 crown. He lost to fellow national junior Tan Aik Quan in the final last year.

He was also forced to work hard for the doubles title by national junior pair Goh Jin Hao-Pang Zhen Lin of Kedah before Iskandar and Boo Kuo Tuan snatched a 17-21, 21-19, 21-1 win.

Iskandar said his next aim is to get selected for the Asian Junior Championships in Kuala Lumpur where he is aiming for a top four finish in the singles.

"This is my best result since winning three titles in the Thailand age group tournament last year and I am now looking forward to the Asian Juniors," said Iskandar.
    "Last year, I fell in the qualifying rounds and my target is a place in the semi-finals. The squad for the Asian Juniors has not been finalised but I hope that my achievement in the MSSM would help me gain a place."

In the girls' singles, Penang's Tee Jing Yi secured the title after beating Flora Ng of Kuala Lumpur 21-13, 21-19 in the final.

Flora ensured she didn't return empty-handed when she partnered Nurul Hani to beat Selangor's Yap Harn Xin-Ng Hui Ern 23-21, 22-20 in the doubles.

Results - (All Finals) Boys' Under-18 Singles: Iskandar Zulkarnain (Joh) bt Syawal Ismail (Sel) 21-18, 21-15.

Doubles: Iskandar Zulkarnain-Boo Kuo Tuan (Joh) bt Goh Jian Hao-Pang Zhen Lin (Ked) 17-21, 21-19, 21-1.

Girls' Under-18 Singles: Tee Jing Yi (Pg) bt Flora Ng (KL) 21-13, 21-19.

Doubles: Flora Ng-Nur Hani (KL) bt Yap Harn Xin-Ng Hui Ern (Sel) 23-21, 22-20.

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Misbun has 2 sons in baddy : Misbun Shawal = 18 and Misbun Ramdan = 17.
    You see if their names come up.
    Since we're on the topic, Misbun's nephew & niece : Siti Nahibah & Abd Hakim (Rahman Sidek's kids) are also interested in becoming national players in future.

4. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    1-21 in the decider for MD finals?:eek:Was it a typo?:rolleyes:
    A good shows by Jian Hao in the first and second sets ...Our MD future looks bright :)

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Looks like..

..the MAS national coaches think highly of Tee Jing Yee, esp. for
    her to be included in the UC squad (as 4th Singles).:cool:

Btw, that pic of Iskandar Zulkairnan, in that angle, REMINDS me of another young U.S. player in Arnold Setiadi.. http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39606&page=4 (post #70)
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44327
    yeeesss, winnie, i'm still comparing players...:p :);)

6. winnie

winnie Regular Member

haha chris, so ur choice of fav MJs is tee jing yee? ;):p:cool:
    LOL chris!! seems like u know i wana point u out for comparing players again! :D:D:D

7. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Oh poor chris !:D:D

8. winnie

winnie Regular Member

Kok Siang out to stop Iskandar

[​IMG]

TEO Kok Siang will be all out to deny Malaysian Schools Sports Council (MSSM) Under-18 champion Iskandar Zulkarnain's (pic) attempt to secure a double by clinching the National Junior Grand Finals singles title in Kuantan on May 10-14.
    Kok Siang, the favourite, failed to secure glory in the dominating presence of national back-up shuttler Arif Latif in Kuala Terengganu last year but has the upper hand against fellow Johor shuttler Iskandar.

However, Iskandar has been buoyed by his success in the MSSM event last week where he clinched the singles and doubles crowns and the much improved shuttler could give his more established teammate a tough time.

Kuan Kam Chung is the player who has the ability to shock the duo but the Kuala Lumpur shuttler's inconsistency could work against him.

However, Kok Siang should have no problems clinching the doubles crown as he will have Mak Hee Chun of Perak, who won the title with Kedah's Lim Khim Wah last year, for company.
    In the absence of Tee Jing Yi, selected for the Uber Cup Finals in Jakarta next month, Malacca's Tiffany Chase Currier and Sanatasha Saniru will battle it out for the Girls' Under-18 singles crown.

Sanatasha will start as the favourite in the doubles with Kuala Lumpur's Vivian Hoo but they are likely to be tested by Selangor's Ng Hui Ern and Penang's Lim Ee Von.

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i think kok siang and vivian can win it...

10. PlayaFromMalaya

PlayaFromMalaya Regular Member

Student
    any pics of Tiffany Chase Currier?

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    so...puas hati with their performance???in uber cup...
    for me...unlucky for julia sick...lydia was good...hmm...ng hui lin???...too much error...but good experience to her...

12. AmandaMun

AmandaMun Regular Member

student
    Here are the results for National Junior GP Final 2008

Boy's single U-12 = Zairul Nizam
    Boy's single U-14 = Dede Ryan Philip
    Boy's single U-16 = Zulfadli
    Boy's single U-18 = Syawal

Girl's single U-12 = Ho Yan Mei
    Girl's single U-14 = Lim Yin Fun
    Girl's single U-16 = Yang Li Lian
    Girl's single U-18 = Sannatasah

Boy's doubles U-12 = Sathiestharan/Zulhelmi
    Boy's doubles U-14 = Calvin Ong/Dede Ryan
    Boy's doubles U-16 = Ow Yao Han/ Yew Hong Kheng
    Boy's doubles U-18 = Mak Hee Jun/ Teo Kok Siang

Girl's doubles U-12 = Goh Yea Ching/ Ho Yan Mei
    Girl's doubles U-14 = Chow Mei Kuan/ Lee Meng Yan
    Girl's doubles U-16 = Yang Li Lian/Sonia Cheah
    Girl's doubles U-18 = Chong Vee Vian/ Ong Boon Hui

Looks like no one can ever stop Zulfadli. No one has given him a close fight in this tournament. I heard that he has got a back problem and who knows how it might effect his game in the future.Syawal has definitely made his way through to prove his ability here. Saw how Lim Yin Fun played and she's really fast now.She's got knees problem too.....KL has got so many talented girls....sure to win the SUKMA for the next few years.Yang Li Lian played well too by beating Sonia. Heard that she'll retire from badminton soon. Looks like all the players has got their own dilemma......

13. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

how u know that Yang Li Lian is going to retire? She and Sonia is one of the upcoming star and she is doing so well. I seriously doubt BAM will let go a talented player.

Its is good to know that the girls standard are high. They will make good UBER Cup team in the future.

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    tot no people care about the junior during TUC...so i didnt upload the result...hmmm...why yang li lian will retire???

15. joanne_lee

joanne_lee Regular Member

EH~~Why sonia,vivian ho and kok siang lost in GP?Was dissappointed with KKK and TBH in thomas cup semi.

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i asked sonia...she say yang li lian doesnt seem to be retired...those are just rumours...

17. AmandaMun

AmandaMun Regular Member

student
    Is it just me or there's problem with your english?:confused:
    She's not retired but going to..........that's just what i heard.......hope it's just rumour.........i once heard that ong boon hui wants to stop too.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i say 'to be'...not yang li lian retired...not same...ong boon hui???...not sure about it...

19. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

any one know what states they are all from?

20. AmandaMun

AmandaMun Regular Member

student
    No matter how u put it,there's still error in your grammar.......Ong Boon Hui is from Melacca.....