Korean Tc Team Done Their Tricks.....

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by reiko80, May 11, 2008.

1. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Do you feel the same animosity or strong feeling against CHN when they do the walk-overs, alleged feign injuries and what-not?

-dave

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Hmm..

..it's not a feeling of "animosity" or "strong feeling" about KOR's penchant to use the same strategy. Just that i can't believe they are still doing it and BWF is still implementing the same system. Until this week, when Punch finally realized & thought otherwise.
    As for the CHN's case, i'd say i also don't condone it (esp. over alleged feign injuries). I'm sure BWF is aware but what can I, you or anyone else do?? Has BWF or Punch said anything about resolving it??..:confused:

Anyway, as mentioned many times before, bottom line, blame the systems/loopholes; to an extent, the BWF. Until they figure out & tightened up their systems, i'm afraid we'll see the same thing happening in the future. If nothing is going to be changed, in either case, perhaps we should just get used to it.;)

#302 ctjcad, May 18, 2008
    Last edited: May 18, 2008
  3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

LCW as MS3 not possible to be played, LCW is MS1, ha ha
    It was Hafiz vs injured Chen Jin, so possible, if Hafiz didnt freeze, unfortunately he frooze, even Misbun didnt understand it.
    Or 4th MS was oldies like LTS, Roslin (Hafiz's older bro). Roslin is a cool cucumber, beat Bao Bao , dragging in-form Lin Dan to 3 sets. ROslin vs injured CJ, very possible since Roslin would be fresh, 1st match played.

Of course, there was the all important MD1, remember the speculation, if CTF have not fallen ill, or KKK/TBH had taken the 2nd pt..... that's why "so near yet so far"

4. wood_22_chuck

Electronics Technologist
    I was responding to Qidong's speculation that "Malaysia nearly beat Korea." If we suspend belief and accept that it was tied 2-2 CHN-MAS, and it came down MS3 between LCW and Chen Jin, then, "Malaysia nearly beat Korea" or "Korea got beat," would be a strong statement.

Chen Jin, injured or not, I'd still rate him higher than Hafiz. Why? There was no enthusiasm in Hafiz at all, no fire, no desire. Heck even in absence of all that, MAS fans would still like to rely on a technically savvy Hafiz.

Chen Jin was technically consistent despite injury.

Hafiz was pathetic. Period.

-dave

5. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Lets get over it, since the MAS vs KOREA ties in group match is a donald duck match... Hence, there isnt any need to speculate for MAS vs KOREA with full strenght on who will win.
    In KL TCUC Final 2010, we will see........

6. flikflak

flikflak Regular Member

So BWF has a plan to evaluate the current system as it offers possibility to fix/throw matches. Well, what really caused this? Are they receiving complaints? I think they should know from beginning that fixing matches are possible in round robin system.

Fixing matches might be a controversy and a bit unfair, but it provides some DRAMA though. lol. Just blame the system, not the Korean. I guess they might be not the only one who did the trick in the most obvious fashion.

#306 flikflak, May 18, 2008
    Last edited: May 18, 2008
  7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    looking back, it was korea's tactic (or trick by some people) that we got to see the true best 2 TC teams playing in the final instead of a china vs korea in the early rounds.

8. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Congrats for Korean to achieve their target of just making in the final of TC...

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    but their target is realistic, not fantasy:D

10. rwijaja

rwijaja Regular Member

The Korean need to come up with the new strategy...

How to avoid China in the Final :):)

It was a good though and could go either way.. but China was triumphant.

Congrats....

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

At least KOR trick has created history here, to enter finale for the first time. Beat two favourites DEN and INA is an uphill task but they did it successfully!

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Errrrr, isnt it "Msia nearly beat China?"
    I see. Of course CJ is higher than Msia MS3, CHen Jin is World No 4, all the other Msia MS are WR 18 and downwards. Compared to Hafiz, yes, Hafiz was <sigh>. His bro Roslin is better, in fighting spirit & mental strength, of WCH's era, fight to last point type.
    That's why I said, with CJ injured, got some chance, with say uncle Roslin or fresh LTS.
    And from what Yap KH said in the press, next edition in 2010, sounds like no more Hafiz.

#312 eaglehelang, May 19, 2008
    Last edited: May 19, 2008
  13. wood_22_chuck

Electronics Technologist
    Sometimes my brains sneezes and I write KOR when I mean CHN. Having said all that, I really would've wished that Hafiz found the spark to jumpstart his game. After a thrilling high-energy game from Fairuz/Zakry, there was momentum to hang on to, as Fuzzy-pair handed the baton to the anchor, i.e. Hafiz.

-dave

14. keymon231

keymon231 New Member

Decided by score

15. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

The match between Msia n CHN was like running the 4x100m relay. CHN has Carl Lewis as anchor while Msia has "Uncle Loh" :eek::p

16. keymon231

keymon231 New Member

So what with INDON? Why are you indon so double standard? Dont u indon call your chinese indonesian as CINA? thats also offensive and you dont give a damn. So why we have to show you respect since you dont even respect to your own countrymen?

Grow up indon, respect is not someting you ask from other. Earn it!