Wong Choong Hann, please retire

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by weeyet, May 16, 2008.

1. lipans

lipans Regular Member

I thought WCH will be a sport commentator if he is retiring.

2. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

How to fight when he cant even breath properly? ;) he looks very "heavy" on court :D He has to lose some weight and do more jogging :rolleyes:

3. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    If Hafiz still representing Malaysia in TC2010 then our MS department must be pretty bad. Hafiz has consistently reminding us not to count on him and is about time we acknowledge that even a die hard Hafiz fan like me.

4. lipans

lipans Regular Member

agree............

5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Forget abt TC if Hafiz Is still in the lineup.:D:D

6. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

arrrllooo Hasbullah, i saw u inside the stadium and took a snap shot of U... I mean, the "real" hasbullah Awang :D He is still my fav Msia commentator...

7. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    2 years might be abit rush for us to get any player calibre to be even near the class of LCW. Even INA with retirement of TH, i believe it needs more time to groom any players to near his standard..
    I can said that the current bunch of juniors still will find it hard to beat the Hashim Brothers even on the local circuit
    Unless BAM do some major changes, I.E : sending more Backup Players to oversea GP/Gold tournament for exposure. Else, we can forget about retaining the TC in our own homeground in the next edition of TC.

8. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    I like him also. The best commentator in mas.:D

9. yyclub

yyclub Regular Member

No point beating on dead horse, WCH and Hafiz should go for the good of Malaysia badminton.

10. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Correct. Correct. Correct.

11. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Would u consider to have them out in more proper way.
    Not..Get out!!!

At least for Choon hann.I would understand in hafiz's case by the way.

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hiyaa, Yap KH already said publically, they want to groom 3 youngster/back-up MS for 2010 TC. Hafiz is not in the list, dont think he will be, unless these next 2 years under KLRC he makes some spectacular wins.

If they want to consider, might as well add KLRC's young & upcoming Zulfadli to the list.

I'll like to see WCH coaching these young guns though, if he's into coaching.

13. eaglehelang

Msia MD no problem, so many pairs to choose from. Aft uncles retire, got 5 senior pairs. 3 more in back-up(Razif/Khoo, C Peng Soon/Hung Pin, LKW/MakHC) & 1 from BJSS (Goh/Ong). ANd that's just the more well known juniors.
    Rexy & his assistants can take their pick or form new combo.

14. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    No.. I do not think Zulfadhi will be ready for TC2010. BAM got special plan for him in 2012 London OG;)

15. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Do u really think rexy will last that long here in Malaysia?

16. eaglehelang

Rexy's contract with BAM is till end of 2009, he had indicated bf he will stay till then. There should terms & conditions in his contract that deter him to jump ship bf the end of 2 years. The way Rexy is doing his planning, looking towards 2012 OG, looks like he wouldnt go off so fast, that is, at least not right aft OG 2008.

and......If it does happen, Pang, Chang, Jeremy Gan can continue the work, they know Rexy's style. Or try to get Jailani/Razif Sidek or lure Tan Kim Her back to coach, it's not the end of the world. Same as when Li Mao left, it's not the end of the world for LCW.
    Uncle CTF wants to be coach aft retirement, he can coach the youngsters. If his future wife wants to be coach, Msia can have OG champ as WD coach.

17. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

u r right. i am not sure whether Rexy would continue to be Malaysian Coach when his contract expire though i hope he will. He is easily the nicest coach and very innovative.

Well go back to the original topic. I have always like Wong Choon Hann personality and I even heard the BWF commentator mentioned that Choon Hann is one of the nicest player she has met. Choon Hann has even received praises from Kuala Lumpur State Association where he is from and also from the DBKL.

He maybe over his prime but i am sure his moral support as a captain has given alot of benefit to those who are young and around him. I hope he will continue his journey to the badminton world by coaching the young one in BAM.

18. cheekygen

cheekygen Regular Member

If Choong Hann choose to be a coach after his retirement, i would suggest him to coach in other country. After all, the foreign coaches are far more recognize than the local coaches. TKH, CSK learned their lessons and perhaps after proven themselves in other country they probably get better appreciation from the BAM. ...

19. hollywood_t

hollywood_t Regular Member

Interesting, not knowing the situation w/ Indonesian coaching I would say Rexy would stick around until 2010 TC to test the potential of the Malaysian doubles. If they bomb ala KKK/TBH or do reasonably well then it would be a perfect time to jump ship back home to prep the Indonesian squad for Olympic glory in 2012.

20. PaulYong

PaulYong Regular Member

I fully support your proposal that WCH and Hafiz should retire and give way to the youngsters soonest possible as Malaysia is lack of good singles players apart from LCW. For the change, BAM should act without any further delays. Wish that we could train these youngsters like the former national player, Foo Kok Keong who was so committed to the game and adopted the never-say-die attitude. It is time for BAM to discover two more Foo Kok Keongs to back up LCW in the men's singles.