Rexy: Fairuzzizan/Latif to replace KKK/TBH for Beijing 2008

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by Dato A, Mar 17, 2008.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Connection will not be the reason they send Uncles. Uncles were the only consistent pair this year, minus the TC performance. At TC Rexy pissed off also mostly cos of uncle CTF.

There's actually a preferance for Fuzzy pair in the media, you know for what reason.

BAM in dilemma one of the reason according to Berita Harian is cos : IF they choose Fuzzy, Msia wouldnt be seeded country in top 8. Then maybe meet each other in early round. Uncles, KKK/TBH are no 4 & 5 in WR, wouldnt be playing each other till later. Fuzzy was no 11, now no 15, maybe will be Msia vs Msia early if they go.
    So... it's like Fuzzy have surge in their performance a wee bit late.

#361 eaglehelang, May 25, 2008
    Last edited: May 25, 2008
  2. olympic

olympic Regular Member

Opps sorry,double post.

3. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    hermm

sorry wrong reply!

4. SibugiChai

YAB
    Makkal Sakti

Not sure if you are working or studying

If you are working sure understand what is politics!

Like in works, those who got promoted doesnt always the best workers but those who can work and got connection with the upper level.

The boss wont just promoted anyone but those who are close to them but still can work abit.

EXP:

UNCLES:
    Winning chances: 2%
    Connection Strength: 50%

Fuzzy
    Winning Chances: 5%
    Connection Strength: 10%

So UNCLES got send because they got 52points... hahaha :cool:

5. charmlene

charmlene Regular Member

lol..at nite he must be thinking which pair to be sent to OG08 only..coz there are some ppl always blame when there's no victory from the pairs chosen by rexy..be faithful and trust them~..

6. charmlene

charmlene Regular Member

wa sibugichai...uncles' winning chances got that low anot?..not even half of fuzzy's chances ar?...

7. olympic

olympic Regular Member

I think if not because of the injury,the chances to Beijing for our uncles are very much higher,quite straight forward. China Press reported: these 3 pairs will be required to go through a medical check-up before the decision made.Of course,there are other aspects the coaches will look into depth.

8. SibugiChai

YAB
    Example la....

The reason I support FUZZY is because they can play in next olympic but UNCLES cannot, somemore UNCLES always "kan Chiong" in finals:crying:

9. eaglehelang

Yes, same news in all the other press. It's due to LWW injury & uncle CTF chicken out when he got flu/fever. Of the 2, Rexy more often unhappy with CTF. Uncle LWW is usually the one that pull the pair thru.

NST
    25 May 2008
    Proven pairs to get nod

By Ajitpal Singh

2008/05/25
    KOO Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah will likely be selected over Zakry Latif-Fairuzizuan Tazari for the Beijing Olympic Games in August. The only factor that could stop them from competing is injury as all three pairs will be subject to medical and physical tests on Tuesday.

The BA of Malaysia (BAM) has deliberated on which two pairs should go to Beijing, taking into account their ranking and performance over the past two months, which clearly indicated Kien Keat-Boon Heong and Tan Fook-Wan Wah.

However, BAM will only make its final decision after the tests to ensure those selected are free from injuries.

BAM president Datuk Nadzmi Salleh confirmed the coaches have recommended the shuttlers for the Beijing Games and the coaching committee will only decide after the physical test results.

"If all three pairs pass their medical and physical tests, then we will select the best two pairs based on ranking and performance over the past two months. We cannot pick a particular pair just because they did well in one or two tournaments," said Nadzmi, after chairing the BAM council and annual general meeting (AGM) in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

The question now is whether Wan Wah will pass the tests as he is down with a shoulder injury, which forced him out from several matches in the recent Thomas Cup in Jakarta.

Upon returning to Kuala Lumpur on Monday, Wan Wah was given a one-week break to recover.

He will report for training tomorrow.

Nadzmi also indicated that the BAM may consider limiting the Beijing-bound shuttlers' participation in overseas tournaments before the Olympics.

"We need to get the feedbacks from their coaches as we feel the shuttlers should not be pushed too hard now."

The major tournaments before the Olympics are the Singapore Open (June 10-15), Indonesia Open (June 17-22) and the Thailand Open (June 24-29).

On BAM's target for the Olympics, he said the association will be hoping for a gold medal but will be happy if the shuttlers can bring home medals of any colour.

" Based on current form, Lee Chong Wei has a good chance," he said.

Meanwhile, the Kuala Lumpur Badminton Association (KLBA) was the only state affiliate that failed to turn up for the AGM yesterday.

"They have given their reasoning and we have accepted it," Nadzmi said.

On whether KLBA president Datuk Punch Gunalan was still the vice-president of BAM, Nadzmi said Punch still holds that position.

"The Badminton World Federation motion to oust him as deputy president recently does not affect his position in BAM."

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Sunday/Sport/2249461/Article/pppull_index_html

10. olympic

olympic Regular Member

Aiii...not surprising...very typical "syndrome" of certain parties.Remember Doha Asian Games?Not forget the most recent TC'08.If the pair win,so many compliments:"Rexy,you have done an excellent job"! they fail to deliver:"Stupid Rexy! Not an easy task to be a coach in M'sia,especially in badminton.I wonder if Rexy gonna join their players to seek help from the psikologist?You know,the Olympic heat is even hotter than the Olympic torch!

#370 olympic, May 25, 2008
  11. charmlene

charmlene Regular Member

haha..some ppl do not understand the enormous stress and tension faced by rexy and the players..like kkk/tbh, after winning number of times in 06 and 07..byk org puji..now jatuh d..all pijak..we wont know what will happen in the future..just keep our fingers crossed and wish them all the best :)

12. SibugiChai

YAB
    PRessure

Hard to be in the public eyes...

Cant do this and that!

Extreme Pressure. :eek:

Gonna give them some spaces but we also wish victory!

13. olympic

olympic Regular Member

Lets pray hard that Rexy will turn the"Mission Impossible" into possible one.Not forget to wish him always in good health,no high blood pressure,no headache,no heart attack,etc.(Rexy,i'm sincere and no offensive...You know,in this critical moment being the badminton coach of M'sia,the chances of suffering those diseases are very high)!

14. olympic

olympic Regular Member

Lets pray hard that Rexy will turn the"Mission Impossible" into possible one.Not forget to wish him always in good health,no high blood pressure,no headache,no heart attack,etc.(Rexy,i'm sincere and no offensive...You know,in this critical moment being the badminton coach of M'sia,the chances of suffering those diseases are very high)!

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

1.IN OG08,the draw will have nationality separation,so the MAS MDs will be in different halves.(Maybe someone can double confirm)
    2. Actually what did CTF do?
    This is news to me.It seems Rexy believed CTF should be in a position to play even with fever and should have no excuse.(I remember the former Thai tennis ace , Paradorn S. once said it's not possible to continue play with a physical injury but ok with flu.And tennis matches are usually 1.5 hours long compared to badminton average of half an hour.) I get the impression that CTF is unwilling to play against CHN for reasons which can be guessed.Coupled with the fact LWW 's injury can flare up anytime, the uncles are a poor bet for OG08, regardless of their greater experience and better ranking.
    3. The only reason to send veterans for another chance in OG08 is when they still have the passion and motivation to win a medal and when their replacements are poor substitutes.The MAS uncles are not no 1 in passion and motivation and Fuzzy are motivated and passionate enough to be worthy substitutes.(The worst reason to choose veterans over debutants is as a retirement gift.Which may happen to DEN's JE/ML at the expense of Boe/Morgensen who have finally achieved breakthrough wins over them this year.)
    4. I really sympathise with Rexy.As a coach, so passionate, so driven, so dedicated. And his charges are gifted.Yet he really has a lot to do to come up with some magic.Rexy deserves better. May he, by some miracle, have his dream come true.

16. eaglehelang

1) As I recall, someone posted that same country wouldnt meet in 1st & 2nd round but QF onwards, there's danger, something like WC.

2) It came out in NST, go to Prof Players sub forum, see if someone posted it.
    And yes, Rexy angry with CTF, Rexy felt CTF should have played, even with the flu, should put country 1st. But this is Rexy in anger talking, remember he blasted KKK in March, cooled down aft that.

3) Hmm, you watched Fuzzy pair play live in Jakarta, so that particular performance you'll know better. I'm not sure if you follow Fuzzy pair's progress, they also have this "nervous' syndrome. They did miserably at WC 2007, out in 1st round, TC qualifiers in Feb 2008, lost to Korea stratch pair. They have tendency to crumble at major tourneys.
    Yes, Fuzzy made breakthru in TC (finally), they're not that consistent yet, and not OG gold material, even at their best.

Personally I think the coaching committee are divided on the decision, so decided to have this test.

Uncles results are the best among the 3 pairs, at their age, with frequent tournaments. Once LWW rest up, he'll be ok.

4) KKK/TBH also lost badly against Fu/Cai in TC & didnt do well this year but Rexy still chose them as 1st choice, which for some doesnt make sense. Can you think of why?

5) And yes, Rexy was impressed enuf with Fuzzy to give them a chance for OG. I think Rexy himself also surprised Fuzzy finally pulled thru a pressured situation.

#376 eaglehelang, May 25, 2008
  17. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    CTF/LWW is the highest ranked mas men's doubles in the WR.

Who's saying that KKK/TBH is the better bet of winning medals in OG compared to CTF/LWW?

I thought the results from matches to matches, tourney to tourney show us who's deserves to be send to OG.:confused:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

kkk/tbh ''downhilled'' and under-performance for so long but they've gain to entry ticket to the OG.:mad::mad:

The Fuzzy's only play 1 good game, then got chances to go to OG.:mad:

The Uncles, at the age of 30++, put their effort so hard as to qualify for OG, and because of ''TC INCIDENT'', Their place are consider to be replace.:mad::mad:

What is this?

If it is bcos of age or low chances to win medals, I think all players from mas should not be send to OG except LCW.

WCH can will medals? Why send him?

18. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    dONT FORGET tHE fUZZY'S only beat the CAP AYAM's CHN PAIR IN THE TC. Nothing to be proud of it.

Want to send them to replace The Uncles? Ask Them to beat one of the top pairs in the world 1st including the uncles!!

19. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    I think this is the right attitude.Im with u on this matter.
    But,a champon remain as champion no matter what.I guess time will let us figure out who is our sweetheart.

Hope my kkk is in the book.

20. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    And..that cap ayam china pair beat world class korean pair.
    Give our fuzzy's some appreciation.
    They melt my heart throughout the thomas cup.