Koo Kien Keat Injured.....blow to malaysian camp??

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by nmy3889, Jun 6, 2008.

1. nmy3889

nmy3889 Regular Member

BAD NEWS!!!

Koo to miss Singapore, Indonesia Opens after injuring right hand

By LIM TEIK HUAT

KUALA LUMPUR: Beijing Olympic-bound men’s doubles shuttler Koo Kien Keat has been ruled out of action for the next three weeks after being involved in a freak accident at the National Sports Complex in Bukit Jalil on Thursday afternoon.
    Kien Keat was leaning against a glass panel at the sports complex when it gave way. The shuttler suffered cuts on his right hand and right thigh.
    [​IMG] Kien Keat: Needed 20 stitches on his right hand.
    He needed 20 stitches to the injury on his right hand and will miss the next two tournaments – Singapore Open (from June 10-15) and the Indonesian Open (June 17-22).
    That means Kien Keat, who was seeded third with his partner Tan Boon Heong for the Singapore Open, will not compete in any tournament again until the Olympics on Aug 8.
    Doubles head coach Rexy Mainaky said he feared the worst when he first heard the news.
    “I dread to think what would have happened to him if his whole body had fallen through the cracked glass panel. He was talking with his colleagues and his hand was resting against the panel when it gave way and cut him,” said Rexy
    “He also has a slight muscle tear but he should be okay as for the Olympics. The doctor has given him three weeks to recover. The stitches will be removed after a week and he will undergo rehabilitation to regain his strength.
    “The only worry is if infection sets in. Then, he will need a longer period to recover.”
    With the withdrawal of Kien Keat-Boon Heong, national No. 3 pair Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Latif will now be the main doubles hope in the Singapore Open in the absence of the top Korean and Chinese pairs.

2. charmlene

charmlene Regular Member

hope he'll get well soon.....pray hard

3. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    The stitches are on his right hand.
    Now, that's not good news at all :(

Hope he gets well soon!

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli

we already know...yesterday already say he is injured at SGO thread...:crying:

5. derago

derago Regular Member

student
    omg..
    koo kien keat..take good care of ur self n recover soon..
    u still the best for us

6. reiko80

reiko80 Regular Member

tecnician
    Koo KIEN Keat Injured.....blow to malysian camp??

KKK injuries need 20 stitches at the right hand gives big blow to malaysian camp that really need the gold for OG....and he totally out of SO and IO next week........what a curious moment for malaysian badminton:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

7. litobear

litobear Regular Member

Student
    gosh..what a bad news...hope he recovers soon and make preparation for OG...

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Accidents can happen anytime......so may all our sportmen be more carefull in this crucial moment before Olympic.........just have to be more alert....in prevent injuries.......

As for KKK.....wish him a speedy recovery......for the injury and the form of his play..........together with TBH.....

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

It doesn't sound good -- he will be losing time in his preparation. I might have to reconsider their chances of winning gold - may have to downgrade them.

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm...no comment...:crying:

11. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    aiy0...

this is crazy! but things do happen.

Maybe its blesing in disguise.

improvement after 3weeks on thought?

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i have experience of injury...actually...injury will make u more better and greater if u take it positively...i as example...i injured when i have a performance in a mall...my leg bone is crack(landing wrongly after doing jumping action...:crying:)i cant train for 2 months...when i am rest...i always thinking of wushu...that made me inprove in term of mentaly and have a better performance after i recovered from injury...a rest can sometimes made u improve...so...i hope...kkk can take this positively...doing observation and think ways to improve...as an observer can saw more than as a player(sometimes):D...gambateh...kkk

13. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

why worry? rexy is the film director...just to minimize unnecessay exposure before beijing og 2008

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    injury

If no match fitness could also pose a problem. Early exit in OG.

Very normal to see players with injury on big tournaments. Nerve comes into play.

Interesting to see who is the bad luck person when OG starts.

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Hope he will recover in no time.

But I dont think the injury is a blow to Malaysia because I dont rate TBH/KKK as gold medal prospect.

16. Noridayu

Noridayu Regular Member

Childcare Teacher
    I hope that KKK injuries are not serious. I hope that tomorrow news will be a good news to all of us. Speedy recovery KKK. Malaysians need you in the OG.

17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Blessing in disquise

Yes! Its time for KKK to reflect the mental side of his game!

I also got injured my right leg during football training and cant play for 3weeks when I started playing again I can kick hard with the right leg so I started using my left leg. and now left right also can use! :D

18. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I think the concern of BAM should be why so many bad incidences happened to our players. During Thomas Cup crucial moment, Tan Fok was down with fever and Wan Wah injured and now is Koo turn prior to Singapore Open.
    I think players have to be more careful and be held more responsible about their health, I can understand injury is part of the game but should take all necessary precaution to avoid especially off court.
    I can accept defeat on court but all effort has to be there on players to be 100% ready and healthy when call, is that too much to ask?

19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Errrr, it was an accident in KKK's case, at the NSC gym they go to a couple of times a week. It can happen to anyone. LCW had a car accident shortly before 2006 WC.
    It's just that this instance it happened around the same time : TBH with foot injury, LWW with slight shoulder injury, CTF got fever/flu, KKK got cut with glass. By far, KKK's injury is the most serious.

Indonesia's Hendra Setiawan came down with illness, also out of SO, & near OG.

My point is : stimes we can take every precaution but things still happen. Sthing like we avoid trouble at all cost, but trouble come to find us. This includes health - very careful to take care, fall sick. Those who dont really take care, dont fall sick

20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

To lean against a glass panel is no longer an accident. It was KKK being careless and not thinking right.

Hendra's illness, LWW shoulder injury, CTF down with fever and all ... they are not the same as in KKK leaning against some glass panel and then getting hurt.