will kuan beng hong do better and better in future???

Discussion in 'Philippines Open / Singapore Open 2008' started by limsy, Jun 12, 2008.

1. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

YapKH said KBH is only "semi" comeback... :eek: hopefully he can bounce back after beating Boonsak :p

2. Dimplex

Dimplex Regular Member

student
    a shame kbh couldnt beat andrew smith...hopefully kbh will be able to come away from the singapore open with renewed vigour and confidence :)

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

The key win is over BP. KBH needs that breakthrough victory to rebuild his confidence.But expect KBH to see saw for a few more tournaments before his true mettle settles. AS won because he's fresher and we'll have a better SF in AS vs SS.

4. olympic

olympic Regular Member

Yup,agree.The breakthrough was the win over BP but at the same time,the lost to AS meaning KBH still got room of improvement.Misbun knows better and will definitely work out something.

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    agree...misbun will help him...beating jp in thailand open...to release ah beng from TC nightmare...

6. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Regular Member

I'm so glad of his those wins....I already miss him long enough.Go KBH !!

7. volcom

volcom Regular Member

If and when JP beats KBH... he will be forever gone trapped in his never ending nightmare :p

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Remember KBH defeated BP despite having to play extra matches to qualify? How can JP be compared to BP? JP have not improved since. Two years out in the wilderness must have helped KBH grow up.The last thing KBH need to worry is JP.(If you've seen how LCW demolished JP in SO QF,you'll feel very sorry for JP.His confidence was destroyed.)

9. olympic

olympic Regular Member

"Stand up from where you've failed".KBH need to beat JP in order to gain back his confidence.From the performance he has shown in SO,it is not impossible to make another breakthrough,to come out from the nightmare which has been haunted him for 2 years.I hope to see that and he would make it a reality.

10. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I have not been following this tournament much, but from what I can see:

I am usually a very optimistic person, but in this instance, I am reluctant to see Kuan's victory against Boonsak as anything more than just a win, that is, that we should look in future tournaments to see how he does before making judgments about how he has 'improved'. I have seen Malaysians unexpectedly beating some top players only to fade back into the scene many times before. Hopefully this will not happen.

I still think Malaysia's best bet for replacing Lee Chong Wei in the future is Tan Chun Seng.

11. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I happen to see Joachim as having improved tremendously since TC06. Unless Kuan has improved tremendously, and if he can repeat the performances against Boonsak (I don't think he did against Smith) consistantly in every match, I would still put Joachim above Kuan.

Looks like my faith in the Malaysian second tier team is not good :(:(:(

12. block306

block306 Regular Member

I will put Arif Latiff ahead of Tan CS. There used to be another guy who was pretyy impressive- Beryno Wong. Don't know why he is not around much now.

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

But looking at the level of Andrew Smith....yesterday...and KBH lost to him QF............I become not optismic on the come back of KBH......AS level was so low..........when he played simon...in SF.......and KBH still lost to him......i think KBH level of play is still very inconsistant.........he needs to pump in more efford.........try harder next time...KBH..

14. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I think its between these three.....TCS,..Arif,....CWF(Chong Wei Feng)...CWF was so impressive....in IO,...and recent Sukma...he beaten Arif to win gold...:p:p

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Kuan Beng Hong next assignment is the INA ss open...but sad news is he needs to play in the qualifying round once more:(

16. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Let's see what could he produce.........:cool::cool::cool:....some good one hopefully..

17. Silencer

Silencer Regular Member

I dont think so.. Tan Chun Seang is better than Arif... and maybe Wei Feng is better too.. based on current performance

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yeah, i also think so too..

19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Beryno Wong is longer with back-up squad since 2008. He's with some club in his home state in Sabah.

TCS I would put slightly ahead of Arif, he also made it to beat PG. Chong Wei Feng too this year have been impressive. Arif, 19, is ahead of those in his batch but needs experience.

#59 eaglehelang, Jun 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  20. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

I think so too. But sad to say, though I think I could be sensitive with what I wanna say here, sad but true... the color of the skin does take it's toll.